Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
DC finally has another good sale. Lots of TPBs for $2.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wondering how (badly) the Amazon consolidation of Comixology is going to go.

Just looked at a book I bought and it says:

The date I ‘acquired’ the item.

Allows me to purchase it.

Says that I can loan it.

I wonder how ownership of libraries is going to work.

I’m currently holding off on buying anything from it, and just finishing up Comixology borrows.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Not looking forward to this. Might as well subscribe to Marvel Unlimited when it goes on Sale.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
DC is region locked and I’d have to wait for some service that might not have what I want.

I had been getting Marvel codes off a guy for 9 years but now that’s gone I’m gonna sub to Marvel Unlimited whenever it’s on sale and buy the odd trade of something I really like.

Please mention Marvel Unlimited sales in this thread.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Not looking forward to this at all. Aren’t they making the app we already use obsolete too?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
In addition to not being able to use the old app with my 10+ years of comics I’m really wondering how it’s going to work for people who don’t live in the US.

I really should’ve been subscribing to Marvel Unlimited instead of trying to “collect” digital comics and keep them on my iPad.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What books can have the DRM removed?

Going through the Amazon link took me to a page with a single column that consisted entirely of Demon Slayer Managua which I have no interest in.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is the old app dead now?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
My phone app is telling me to sign in to see my library, but my iPad still functions the same.

That store is a mess and I don’t feel like spending any time browsing.

I tried seeing things I’ve already bought, and aside from telling me when I acquired it, it looks like I could buy it again if I hit the wrong button. The experience is really unpleasant and I think I am going to be saving a lot more money going forward because I am not just going to go to the shop to look at comics, especially when everything is steering me to Comixology Unlimiited.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is it me or is there a lot more DC stuff available on Comixology Unlimited?

Edit: but too terrible for browsing and discoverability.

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 18, 2022

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
For them to flat out admit that they don’t have any plan for the basics like having a cart shows how serious they have taken this and how much we can expect going forward.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
They just took out my iPad. 0 books available, 435.7 GB used on device.

Time to start my Legion of Super Heroes Chronology in YAC Reader.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That thumbnail at the bottom can gently caress right off.

And no way of telling if I’ve downloaded a series or not.

Terrible grouping of some books that has them scattered.

So many annoyances.

Edit: Sandman fills up 75 slots because they can’t group it

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 19, 2022

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I permanently removed some awful free comics that I downloaded ages ago and they still keep showing up. Bet if anything I didn’t want gone was accidentally deleted it would stay that way.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
iPad is full and haven’t finished redownloading all the stuff I had in the previous app.

Seems like it’s taking ~100GB extra than before. It’s a big library but it shouldn’t be that much bigger. I had about 400 GB downloaded previously.

There’s also a big discrepancy in what it reports and what the iPad shows. It says 150GB but the iPad is showing it’s almost at the 1TB limit.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
App was updated. Still sucks.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Has anyone tried using that abroad?

e: I downloaded and can access it with a VPN.

Can you download things and then read them offline afterwards?

ee: Can’t pay because my PayPal isn’t American.

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 1, 2022

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
My recent experience is opening the app, scrolling for a second, then closing it after it’s frozen. Haven’t read anything for… well I can pinpoint the time.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How exactly does that work? Is there a guide? I would like to liberate my collection and put it in another app.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
E: thank you I will look into this! ^^

What are the best iOS comic reading apps?

I like YAC reader but the interface bugs me a little and I keep turning pages when I try to enter a menu.

A Second Edit: I changed the page settings when in a comic and you can swipe on the bottom and hitting the middle screen brings up the options. This is much more my speed!

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 10, 2022

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I tried downloading everything I had downloaded in the previous app, and it filled my iPad but I only had downloaded 3/4 of the stuff. The file sizes and/or allocation is way off. It took 523 GB for this.

Since then I have been deleting stuff form the app that I grabbed when they had DRM free downloads and putting it into YAC Reader. I’ve deleted over a 100 GB of stuff, but it has only freed up a few GBs of storage and still shows 523 used.

It looks like I will have to finish importing to YAC, then delete the Comixology app, then redownload what I want to have in the app to a manageable file size.

What a piece of poo poo.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Why can’t they allow people from abroad to access a global site? Is it all licensing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I haven’t bought a single thing since the switchover.