Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeedRobots
Jul 18, 2006
feedtherobot.com
Big Green Arrow sale - can I start at Lemire and get what's going on, or is background of previous, universally trashed issues necessary to appreciate? And any thoughts on Year One?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedRobots
Jul 18, 2006
feedtherobot.com
I'm sure there is a ton but what's some can't miss stuff in the Darkhorse sale?

FeedRobots
Jul 18, 2006
feedtherobot.com
The Comixology changes made me think of this article: http://www.wired.com/2013/09/ev-williams-xoxo/

The key to making a fortune online, Williams told the XOXO crowd, is to remove extra steps from common activities as he did with Blogger.

“Here’s the formula if you want to build a billion-dollar internet company,” he said. “Take a human desire, preferably one that has been around for a really long time…Identify that desire and use modern technology to take out steps.”

I understand that the guy who founded Blogger isn't at quite the same level as the guy who founded Amazon, but the dude makes a good point. Additional steps were added to a previously streamlined process which is both counterintuitive and frustrating. The steps now required are really no less than pirating - although you don't have to create an account and enter payment info into Piratebay.

Personally, I had a routine with the app that really fostered a lot of impulse buys and with that routine being disrupted, I've already found myself not checking the website when I would have checked the app. If I'm not checking the website, I'm not spending money. Bummed my previously awesome experience has been diminished but certainly curious as to how things develop.