Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Wes Taters posted:

Hello. Let's be friends a support group.
Room for one more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Oracle posted:

Room for one more?

Always. The number of Grayson fans being eclipsed by Jason fans is like the 5th sign.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
What about Tim Drake? I actually know nothing about hi in the Nu52.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Madkal posted:

He took over Teen Titans, which was fine. Then he was confirmed not to be a Robin, even though he stayed with Bruce. Then he was revealed to not actually be named Tim Drake because he was hiding from the mob or something. Then he was revealed to be an Olympic athlete just like Grayson which kind of diminished his original strength which was detective work.

He's basically just Grayson 2.0 now since there's nothing that makes him unique anymore, and he was stuck in lovely Teen Titans comics for so long.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Madkal posted:

Tim Drake didn't make it over to the Nu52.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shawn posted:

Tim Drake didn't make it over to the Nu52.

His plane crashed into the Sea of Japan. It spiraled in.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jiro posted:

His plane crashed into the Sea of Japan. It spiraled in.

You mean he went back to his home planet right.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

I'm a Tim Drake fan and I wish I could be half as lucky as you.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 8, 2014

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gavok posted:

Naturally, but this week especially.

I can't wait for them to start introducing more "new" characters. So far they've used Red Hood, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Batwoman and Killer Croc. Anyone else I'm forgetting?

The Batwoman issues remains my favourite to date, it was a gorgeous piece of lunacy and vibrant colours. Honourable mention to the lovely watercolours of the Shame issue as well, Batman in a cowboy hat and poncho owns.

As for '66 first timers, surely it won't be too much longer before they introduce Harvey? Scarface could probably be rather fun as well. Oh and a hippyish 60s Spoiler asap please.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Madkal posted:

You mean he went back to his home planet right.

Tim Drake never leaped home.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I made a vow over the bodies of my dead parents to pop into this every Batman thread and bitch about the lack and/or mistreatment of Cassandra Cain

fake edit: is Harper Row even worth caring about?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I made a vow over the bodies of my dead parents to pop into this every Batman thread and bitch about the lack and/or mistreatment of Cassandra Cain

Don't talk about Cassandra Cain, Wally West, or Stephanie Brown. Hopefully they won't end up as awful as Tim Drake just by virtue of never being used.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sure. I like both of the new teen helper girls (B&R had one too), though Harper's only really been in two full issues, and I'm not really sure about her superhero persona yet. I'd rather get more of her helping as a civilian for a while (e: Though, Eternal being a weekly, maybe it'll get developed enough by then.)

Check her out in Batman #12. She has a couple of brief mysterious appearances before it, but this one's all Harper. You could jump on there okay. Plus it has gorgeous Becky Cloonan art :)

She's also featured in #18.

Swillkitsch posted:

Yeah, I like Harper a lot and am excited to see her role play out in Eternal. It's a shame that editorial generally seems to have strong feelings about maintaining a certain boys-to-girls ratio in the Batman clan, because it'd be a treat to see her alongside Cass or Steph.

I assume Harper and Steph will be close cast members in at least Eternal, and there's that mystery Oracle-type person at the Bat-puter who sure looked like a girl. I'm betting most of the old Bat-fam will be staying away or just guesting, so in terms of people he'll be interacting with, it should be pretty girly.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 10, 2014

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Yeah, I like Harper a lot and am excited to see her role play out in Eternal. It's a shame that editorial generally seems to have strong feelings about maintaining a certain boys-to-girls ratio in the Batman clan, because it'd be a treat to see her alongside Cass or Steph.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Swillkitsch posted:

Huh? Did you miss Batman #28?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

^I sure did! Just looked over what I missed; my bad. Cass remains the only fully MIA component here. I just want a teen girl squad, apparently.

E: for clarification I'd only seen the Harper design for Eternal.

Doc Fission fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 10, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Lots of Frank Miller callbacks in this weeks Batman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Meh, I'm so loving tired from Snyder and Zero Year. Can't we get anyone else on the book?

Nightwing on the other hand was great, Higgins really put a lot of care and work to close his story with Dick, it gonna made really dissapointing when Tynion comes next month and shits all over it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Meh, I'm so loving tired from Snyder and Zero Year. Can't we get anyone else on the book?

Nightwing on the other hand was great, Higgins really put a lot of care and work to close his story with Dick, it gonna made really dissapointing when Tynion comes next month and shits all over it.

I am quite liking Snyder's Year Zero but I assume you weren't a big fan of the latest issue.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Madkal posted:

I am quite liking Snyder's Year Zero but I assume you weren't a big fan of the latest issue.

Yeah is getting quite contrived with the coincidences, the sheer amount of disasters hitting Gotham is hard to take seriously (and worse with ANOTHER coming on Eternal), Snyder needs to cut down the dialogue a little and it really it deserved to be told on three chapters?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The Riddler planned the blackout to coincide with the hurricane, it wasn't an accident.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senor Candle posted:

The Riddler planned the blackout to coincide with the hurricane, it wasn't an accident.

I was talking about Dr. Death's son

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Flameingblack posted:

Then he was revealed to not actually be named Tim Drake because he was hiding from the mob or something. Then he was revealed to be an Olympic athlete just like Grayson which kind of diminished his original strength which was detective work.

Really? When what's his real name?

Ugh, n52 Teen Titans..

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Ugh, n52 Teen Titans..

Could be worse. It could be a huntress situation where Helena Bertinelli id dead and everything she was was in fact Helena Wayne.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
From Dustin Nyugen tumblr:

Not feeling Harper in there but I'm dying at Jason's creeper face :haw:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I love the subtle Cassandra bringing everyone food. It matches his recent drawing of her from a couple weeks ago.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's a great picture. It's kind of heartbreaking just how badly you just know he wants to use Cass in his work.

This is my favorite picture of his, I think it's entitled Gotham City Boys' and Girls' Club. It probably would have been my all time favorite series.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Ugh, n52 Teen Titans..
His first name is still Tim, but his last name isn't Drake. And his new origin story is basically loving with the Penguin and stealing his money so Batman had no choice but to help him out. And he didn't become "Robin" out of "respect" for the death of Jason Todd.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Flameingblack posted:

His first name is still Tim, but his last name isn't Drake. And his new origin story is basically loving with the Penguin and stealing his money so Batman had no choice but to help him out. And he didn't become "Robin" out of "respect" for the death of Jason Todd.

To add at that, Lobdell implied than Jason's mom was pregnant when he was a kid. The internet went on a frenzy with the idea of Jason and Tim being biological brothers.

Kind of interesting but Lobdell idea was to gave Jason a sister :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's a great picture. It's kind of heartbreaking just how badly you just know he wants to use Cass in his work.

This is my favorite picture of his, I think it's entitled Gotham City Boys' and Girls' Club. It probably would have been my all time favorite series.

Abuse and Damian were cool together, and The Cycle of Abuse is the single best named vehicle in existence.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have a print of this, he sells it at cons. It's quite nice.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I just noticed the five 'Robins' at the foot of Steph's chair. (Cass doesn't get one because she's obviously a bat through and through)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bobkatt013 posted:

Could be worse. It could be a huntress situation where Helena Bertinelli is dead and everything she was was in fact Helena Wayne.

Oh I hate this so so so much. Everyone knows Helena B better anyway.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

With the general luke warm/lack of response that Year Zero is getting I wasn't expecting much, especially as I didn't care for the Court of Owls stuff and Death of the Family pushed things too far into the horror aspect, but it's actually really great.

I binged through the entire thing in one sitting and it's a really great mixture of the Batman mythos and I like the idea of taking Miller's "grounded" Batman who starts out using simple weapons and tools and combining him with the current more high tech Batman that exists. I consider Year One to be my favourite Batman story but I like how this has managed to morph things in just the right ways to make it fresh and interesting. It reminds me of the better aspects of Snyder/Jock's run on Detective.

And the future glimpse stuff for Eternal was also pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to Batman, Bluebird and Spoiler beating up dudes and it even managed to throw in a Catwoman redesign that wasn't overly embarrassing like the poo poo Guillem March was trying to push on her ongoing.

So yeah Year Zero, pretty good, a lot better than the normal dumb Bat-Universe poo poo that ends up making the rounds.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Finally read the latest Batman and holy gently caress does Capullo draw the hell out of the comic. That was some seriously got action packed artwork.
As for the storyline, it truly feels like this is what Snyder has been ramping up towards, and it feels like this Snyder's version of No Mans Land and I am seriously pumped for the next chapter.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I think I'm really enjoying Zero Year because it's the first part of New 52 Batman that actually feels new. There isn't anything in Death of the Family or Court of Owls that couldn't have been done before but Zero year is finally starting to actually feel different. I've said this before but this should have been the first arc.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Read the last Nightwing arc and while I didn't really love Higgins direction for the character, I'd heard him give his 'he catches people' pitch so many times either in person or in interviews, I'm really glad he got to deliver that message in a way I am sure he'd be proud of in those last two issues.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
I've also been surprised at how much I've enjoyed Zero Year, I was pretty iffy about it when it was announced. In particular, I really really dig the color palette that most of the arc has had.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Batman: Remember, back to the camera Cassandra, or else you will have to leave.

The rest of the internet: :(

But thanks for posting that picture, I love Dustin Nyugen's artwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I'm curious why Klarion(?) is there, is he a Bat-related character too?

• Locked thread