Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kellsterik posted:

I'm curious why Klarion(?) is there, is he a Bat-related character too?

I think he became frenemies with Steph during BQMiller's valentine issue.

who is that brown skinned person on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If you look, Alfred is holding her old Batgirl costume.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

wiegieman posted:

If you look, Alfred is holding her old Batgirl costume.

My God, you're right. I only noticed that now.
Now that is how professional Alfred is, even though she's been in limbo for nearly 3 years, he keeps her suit cleaned and pressed.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

The Question IRL posted:

My God, you're right. I only noticed that now.
Now that is how professional Alfred is, even though she's been in limbo for nearly 3 years, he keeps her suit cleaned and pressed.
Actually I'm pretty sure that's Stephanie's batsuit. It has a purple underlining to it.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

lotus circle posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure that's Stephanie's batsuit. It has a purple underlining to it.

It is. That's a Steph celebration there, with the waffles, and her suit and such.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

At least now Dustin Nguyen can stop sneaking Steph and Cass into panels and just sneak Cass into panels.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
loving love Snyder and Capullos run so far. The art, the owls, that zero year. All so good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Batman Solicits are out:

http://www.newsarama.com/20589-dc-june-2014-solicits-the-new-52-part-1.html

Outside of Lobdell returning to RHATO I don't see anything of interest or unexpected.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Jason Bard! :neckbeard:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Manapul is going to crush it so hard on Detective.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. I gotta re-post that cover.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
It's so pretty.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Know what's awesome? This comes out today. Know what you should do? Buy it.

Moench/Jones/Beatty Batman stuff was seriously some of the best ongoing Batman stuff I have read and I will beat anyone who cannot provide a valid* argument why it wasn't awesome.

*There is no valid argument.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Moench/Jones/Beatty Batman stuff was seriously some of the best ongoing Batman stuff I have read and I will beat anyone who cannot provide a valid* argument why it wasn't awesome.

Holla! This is a fantastic run.

Does it actually stop at #536?, because that's part 1 of a 3-part storyline.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 19, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

Danny O'Neil/Neal Adams Batman stuff was better :colbert:

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

redbackground posted:

Holla! This is a fantastic run.

Does it actually stop at #536?, because that's part 1 of a 3-part storyline.

Just got mine today and the solicit text is wrong. It stops at 535 and 520 isn't included. But, because this is DC we're talking about, they obviously made a hasty change to the back cover as it says "Collects Batman 515-519, 521-525, 527-532, 535-535". Not a typo on my part, it actually says "535-535".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shameless posted:

Just got mine today and the solicit text is wrong. It stops at 535 and 520 isn't included. But, because this is DC we're talking about, they obviously made a hasty change to the back cover as it says "Collects Batman 515-519, 521-525, 527-532, 535-535". Not a typo on my part, it actually says "535-535".

Well to be fair 535 was a "1 of 1" issue so I guess it's technically correct.
Just finished reading the collection and despite the first story which kind of ends abruptly, and the chapter 6 of contagion with absolutely no context whatsoever (seriously why put that in the collection) the comics are still strong. I love the overtly decided gothic tone the comic took, with strange monstrosities, ghosts, mysteries etc. It is still one of the best takes on Batman I have ever seen, and Jones art greatly compliments the style of the stories. I hope the title sells well so the rest of the comics can see the light of day. Possible further joys include a horrific take on the Spectre (ghosts again), the Demon and Joker (horror), Man-Bat (monsters) and other great stories. Don't screw this up for me DC.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Just finished reading the collection and despite the first story which kind of ends abruptly
Yeah, they should have left Troika: Part 1 (of 4!) out if they weren't going to include the other 3 crossover issues of the storyline. Dumb.

Madkal posted:

and the chapter 6 of contagion with absolutely no context whatsoever (seriously why put that in the collection)
Also dumb.

Madkal posted:

I hope the title sells well so the rest of the comics can see the light of day. Possible further joys include a horrific take on the Spectre (ghosts again), the Demon and Joker (horror), Man-Bat (monsters) and other great stories. Don't screw this up for me DC.
Yeah, those issues are just as beautiful, if not more so, than the first half.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 24, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm lazy (and unimpressed) to post the images so I link you to the first pages of Eternal

http://www.gothamspoilers.com/2014/03/batman-eternal-1-early-preview.html

Meh.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Is there any particular reason why the core Batman book can't be happening in DC present? It just kinda drags on me what with Zero Year, and now Eternal. It feels, to me anyway, that Snyder would be better suited to writing Bat stories in a book like Legends of the Dark Knight instead of the flagship Batman book. The book I most enjoy right now is the Batman and (insert character here) book. It has been consistently solid since 52 reboot for me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nah.
Zero Year rules and that first page of Eternal is totally ridiculous and worth posting.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 26, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm lazy (and unimpressed) to post the images so I link you to the first pages of Eternal

http://www.gothamspoilers.com/2014/03/batman-eternal-1-early-preview.html

Meh.

You would know something about judging a book only on its first pages.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Nah.
Zero Year rules and that first page of Eternal is totally ridiculous and worth posting.

bobkatt013 posted:

You would know something about judging a book only on its first pages.

That pages only remind me of Talia rants during Inc. and I HATED that story so I'm less than thrilled for Eternal. I will keep an eye on it and buy every issue where Jason's shows up but I doubt it will be my cup of tea.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Nah.

:psyduck: What happened there? Who Smallville'd Bruce?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Veg posted:

Read the comic to find out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Veg posted:

We'll see in a year, I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Nah.

Looks like your average Thursday on Gotham City.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Looks like your average Thursday on Gotham City.

Gotham really is the worst place on earth.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That pages only remind me of Talia rants during Inc. and I HATED that story so I'm less than thrilled for Eternal. I will keep an eye on it and buy every issue where Jason's shows up but I doubt it will be my cup of tea.

You hated Batman Inc.??

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senor Candle posted:

You hated Batman Inc.??

More than the story itself, I hated what Morrison did to Thalia and the murder of Damian. Also, Jason's role on the story didn't made a lick of sense when you take into account how Morrison wrote him before.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I think Batman Inc. has the best Talia's ever been.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Senor Candle posted:

You hated Batman Inc.??

I know, right? Do you know how much it pains me to have that much in common with Dark_Tzitzimine?

Oh yeah! For cool art, Francis Manapul is showing sneak peaks of his work on 'Tec: http://francismanapul.com/post/80787586961/hey-folks-heres-a-behind-the-scenes-look-at

Was Taters fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 27, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I generally like Morrison and his Batman storyline really didn't do much for me. Except when he had Dick as Batman.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
In retrospect, Incorporated v2 really was the low point of Morrison's run because the New 52 totally kneecapped him. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Absolute smoothes a lot of this poo poo over.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

d00gZ posted:

In retrospect, Incorporated v2 really was the low point of Morrison's run because the New 52 totally kneecapped him. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Absolute smoothes a lot of this poo poo over.

I still found myself excited for every new issue and think he delivered probably the most 'fun' title so far in what I've read in the new 52. Although that's also partly because I particularly enjoyed Burnham's art (I love his cartoon style).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

d00gZ posted:

Oh, definitely. I think it was also the build-up after RoBW/B&R of "What Did Bruce See?!!" that caused him to create Inc to prepare for the worst. Talia and some Man Bats wasn't quite the heights of terror I was expecting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon. That one CG issue was worse than anything.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oh yeah, I meant to mention the Ryan Benjamin fill-in issue too. :allears:

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Teenage Fansub posted:

Which, the prose issue (663) or the Batculus Rift issue (Inc v1 #8)?

The first was at least dope with the writing, but that art was terrible. And the latter.... oy fuckin' vey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

d00gZ posted:

What could be changed?

• Locked thread