Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

I thought space alert was just a goon meme until I finally got to play it with friends

everyone play space alert

it's pretty great, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tekopo posted:

Totaler Krieg is better:

want to have germany ally with poland to strike russia first after sweden joined the Allies and norway the axis? well, why the gently caress not!

whoa i do like hexes in my games, video or board.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Is it fascism yet posted:

tepoko your a cool dude but its weird that your entire life centers around replaying ww2 in different gamesystems over and over
if there were more people playing acw games id play that, but most war gamers have a hard on for ww2 so you have to accommodate

this eventually leads to meeting 'that guy' whos a bit too much into nazis, i hate that guy

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I'd wargame but it's hard enough to find cool people who will play board games.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
To get the gameplay nice and solid for the new xcom, sid meier and the project lead designed an xcom boardgame to play against each other, and I would like to have firaxis know that I would be interested in purchasing that kind of thing

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

To get the gameplay nice and solid for the new xcom, sid meier and the project lead designed an xcom boardgame to play against each other, and I would like to have firaxis know that I would be interested in purchasing that kind of thing

Too bad they failed, and the new XCOM is an imbalanced broken and bland turd.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
what are some more games like BSG where the central game mechanic is suspicion and possibly wrongful murder of your fellow man

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

what are some more games like BSG where the central game mechanic is suspicion and possibly wrongful murder of your fellow man
resistance avalon is p good

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

le resistance

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

don't wake daddy

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

you know what else sucks? cards against humanity

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Scyther posted:

you know what else sucks? cards against humanity

it's good that i never hang out with people who like that kinda poo poo. liking that game's a nice way to tell idiots at a glance

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

it's good that i never hang out with people who like that kinda poo poo. liking that game's a nice way to tell idiots at a glance

Same. I like to think I'm getting really good at avoiding idiots.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

5 midgets making GBS threads in a bucket?!!!

*starts laughing uncontrollably, falls down from chair, starts to choke with laughter*

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
another thing idiot's like: Imannuel motherfucking Kant

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

seems like a good game for 15 year olds

so edgy

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

another thing idiot's like: Imannuel motherfucking Kant

i swear by my life and my love of it i will never take a walk

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

played tigris & euphrates today, game still owns

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

reminder that vlaada is the best board game designer ever

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hey Tekopo sorry I ahvent gamed online with yall ina while, but I work a lovely schedule now

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Hey Tekopo sorry I ahvent gamed online with yall ina while, but I work a lovely schedule now
it's okay :shobon: i've been busy lately as well

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

your account is almost 15 years old

ANIME GOAT ASS
Jul 21, 2007

pushing little pieces of wood around is cool, which is why i like carcassonne, but only with the dragon and fairy

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

SM64Guy posted:

i almost don't even want to have sex with something that old LOL

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ANIME GOAT rear end posted:

pushing little pieces of wood around is cool, which is why i like carcassonne, but only with the dragon and fairy
wood (:heysexy:) is almost always better than plastic

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

SM64Guy posted:

Tom, Edgecrusher, do us proud.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Tekopo posted:

reminder that vlaada is the best board game designer ever

i don'T dig his fetish for lame fantasy themes but his games are pretty much gold, agreed

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
lol at the kesh t'alar review where quinns literally uses the world "problematic" to describe the pictures

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

the best vlaada review is the tom vasel one where he didn't like dungeon lords because it isnt like descent/generic dungeon crawler and thus he felt the game was mislabelled since its actually a euro

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Tekopo posted:

played tigris & euphrates today, game still owns

im gonna buy the boardgame one of these days, but i haven't found cool boardgamers in my new university town yet.

there's a marxist group that does biweekly board game nights and i should really go there

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

im gonna buy the boardgame one of these days, but i haven't found cool boardgamers in my new university town yet.

there's a marxist group that does biweekly board game nights and i should really go there
some leftist thought that i was a right-winger because my main two board gaming genres are war gaming and economics game

i mean, sure, he would have been right on 99% of situations, but c'mon

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Cutthroat Caverns is a game for assholes

not bad, but totally for assholes

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

space trucker is really disappointing because building a ship is really fun but actually playing the rest of the game is boring
players at the table would just walk away and ask when they could do something next

actually all the game's we've bought from shutup&sitdown recommendations have been really bad, too bad it's the only place I get any of my info about boardgames from

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

0lives posted:

space trucker is really disappointing because building a ship is really fun but actually playing the rest of the game is boring
players at the table would just walk away and ask when they could do something next

actually all the game's we've bought from shutup&sitdown recommendations have been really bad, too bad it's the only place I get any of my info about boardgames from

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

the only point of galaxy trucker is watching your poo poo get blown up
if you cant understand that theres not much hope, thats the entire point of the game

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Tekopo posted:

the best vlaada review is the tom vasel one where he didn't like dungeon lords because it isnt like descent/generic dungeon crawler and thus he felt the game was mislabelled since its actually a euro

he's such an unbelievable fucktard

durr i'm tom vasel, dungeon lords is false advertising, tash kalar is too random

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

0lives posted:

can't get that one deep purple song out of head now thanks jerk

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Scyther posted:

he's such an unbelievable fucktard
'but his tastes exactly match my (equally bad) tastes, so he must be good'

:qqsay:

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~
trade your top fluxx strats itt