Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Rutibex posted:

except i'm not racist or sexist at all
Yah, that's what's so insane about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

zen death robot posted:

what the gently caress is this

It's because of stuff like this

Rutibex posted:

:ssh: It's not the titty miniatures that keep women from playing nerd games.

Woman just don't like board games on average. There are currently 1463 male chess grandmasters in the world, and only 33 female. Chess is not a sexualized game at all, so it can't be misogyny that's keeping woman from playing it. Given that any board game is going to have a 98% male audience, it stands to reason that it should be marketed in ways that appeal to men.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Anniversary posted:

Sounds to me like you don't understand just how many levels of trolling rutibex is operating on

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bottom Liner posted:

"THIS GAME IS REALLY FUCKY" *maniacal laugh*

this is actually a very accurate description of me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anniversary posted:

:ssh: that might be sarcastic

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I can't believe notorious troll Rutibex is a Slashie alt.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

what's everyone's thoughts about introducing Dominion to a dude who's only played like MTG and D&D before. like I don't mean "should I do it", or tips on the rules (a goddamn monkey could teach dominion), I mean like what should I do for the kingdom cards. base set? all random? cherrypick?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

use the suggested first game kingdom

Cellar, Market, Militia, Mine, Moat, Remodel, Smithy, Village, Woodcutter, Workshop

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Scyther posted:

what's everyone's thoughts about introducing Dominion to a dude who's only played like MTG and D&D before. like I don't mean "should I do it", or tips on the rules (a goddamn monkey could teach dominion), I mean like what should I do for the kingdom cards. base set? all random? cherrypick?

Use Alchemy, Prosperity, Adventurers, and Dark Ages for sure.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Scyther posted:

I reckon mix in some intrigue and adventures.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit

Bottom Liner posted:

"THIS GAME IS REALLY FUCKY" *maniacal laugh*

Broken Loose posted:

okay god drat it, i forgot about this, but someone said funky, and it made me think of this comment, and then i kept saying things were really fucky over and over

this is the only time ive referenced a boardgame thread outside of my own head

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit

Scyther posted:

use the uh dark ages starter decks cause at least they'll have a starter "combo" to kind of have a direction

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Broken Loose posted:

I think it was the first thing you said when you taught Dungeon Lords, and you were 100% spot on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

what the gently caress is this
This thread is loving terrible.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

FAU, jealous that the D&D threads were never this good

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
we need to make a thread where we pbp caylus and laugh at this one

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

FactsAreUseless posted:

the power to destroy the ultimate evil is finally within you, fau...

...it was within you all along

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

that's a mirror

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

just click the little upside-down ? to see posts other than your own

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy A. Person posted:

just click the little upside-down ? to see posts other than your own

:shittypop:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We all just have a cardboard fetish ok

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I never looked at it until someone sent a report over.

I'll probably go back to never looking at it soon.
It should be moved to TG. Or just gassed.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

you have like four pages of posts in the tabletop rpg thread

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

You should be gassed. Checkmate.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

:yikes:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Speaking of gas and bad things, newest kickstarter from rapist max temkin getting a lot of hype on my facebook feed from idiots, Secret Hitler! A worse avalon with player elimination!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maxtemkin/secret-hitler?ref=thanks_email_share

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i was gonna say that it doesnt have player elimination but actually it has the assassinate thing

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Fellis posted:

rapist max temkin

Citation needed.

IIRC, some random woman he dated a decade ago random posted on face book "This guy raped me a decade ago. I mean, I don't want to cause any trouble or anything, but he raped me."
Then nothing ever came of it, other than Max being banned from a convention or two, based on just the accusation.

gently caress america. Guilty when accused.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

oh sorry did i wander into the "arguing about the sex life of guys who make really lovely games is obviously the best megathread"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

oh sorry did i wander into the "arguing about the sex life of guys who make really lovely games is obviously the best megathread"

Yes.

I wonder what Steve Jackson's sex life is like.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Overly long, funny at first but still somehow pretty bad and boring.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Kevin Siembieda's sex life must be pretty good. I mean, the guy can talk people into buying the same set of (ill-conceived) equipment stats over and over again for 20 years with steadily declining art quality--he must be able to talk a lady into some funky stuff.

Plus, total cutey pie:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

The General posted:

Citation needed.

IIRC, some random woman he dated a decade ago random posted on face book "This guy raped me a decade ago. I mean, I don't want to cause any trouble or anything, but he raped me."
Then nothing ever came of it, other than Max being banned from a convention or two, based on just the accusation.

gently caress america. Guilty when accused.

Yeah youre right, i misremembered the severity of the accusation. His games still suck rear end though

In other news, Tash-kalar owns. I really need to play some deathmatch now to sate my bloodlust for murdering lines of pieces with the cannon though

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

i threw a board game party and no one showed up. i need to move to a city

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Welcome to the world of solo games. I'm really digging Space Empires 4x right now.

Played a small solo against the doomsday machines on normal last week. I won by a little.

Played the bigger one against hard and I lost. By a little. I'm trying to think of ways to improve my game. Though I think I might gently caress with the map some. Split my empire with a wormhole. It all happens too fast. No time to try and discover it's weakness.

Maybe an outpost extention in the middle of the map.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my guardian force got invited to play Codex irl and im inSANEly pissed that i cant

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It looks like King Ludwig is 38.99 on Amazon right now, which it reports as a 21% discount. How does that compare to local game shops, and does anyone anticipate any substantial discounts for Black Friday / Cyber Monday?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Next move this thread to BYOB.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Scyther posted:

Next move this thread to gbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001