Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

So Franklin totally hosed up after Secret Wars and forgot about the time displaced X-Men didn't he? I imagine he created a whole other X-Men in the past and that's why they can't go back. Dammit Franklin after this and Jessica Jones and Ultimates 2 it's clear that you're not paying attention to the details.

It's been awhile since Secret Wars but wasn't it Reed and Molecule Man rebuilding the universe or was it franklin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr President posted:

It's been awhile since Secret Wars but wasn't it Reed and Molecule Man rebuilding the universe or was it franklin?

It's Franklin and Molecule man working together.Reed may have made some sciency thing to allow them to work together, but it's the two of them doing the heavy lifting.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

It's Franklin and Molecule man working together.Reed may have made some sciency thing to allow them to work together, but it's the two of them doing the heavy lifting.

You would think they would show a bit more care for fixing the actual earth they live on and not have an alternative WW2, a redundant set of x-men, Ultimate Reed and miles morales.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reed whispering over Franklin's shoulder, "maybe not so many minorities".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr President posted:

You would think they would show a bit more care for fixing the actual earth they live on and not have an alternative WW2, a redundant set of x-men, Ultimate Reed and miles morales.

Miles Morales is there because he gave Molecule Man a burger.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Miles Morales is there because he gave Molecule Man a burger.

I thought Molecule gave Miles back his mom in exchange for the burger. i think getting shoved into the 616 timeline was a bonus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've never really been into X-Men that much over the years, mostly just a series here and there, but I really love everything with the younger X-Men so far and the last issue of All-New was no exception. I like that they can't go back because I don't want them to go back. I don't think I've been this invested in those particular characters ever really. Also I loved most of X-Men Prime today so that's weird because I think now I'm going to end up reading most of the X-Men line which is unfathomable to me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

I've never really been into X-Men that much over the years, mostly just a series here and there, but I really love everything with the younger X-Men so far and the last issue of All-New was no exception. I like that they can't go back because I don't want them to go back. I don't think I've been this invested in those particular characters ever really. Also I loved most of X-Men Prime today so that's weird because I think now I'm going to end up reading most of the X-Men line which is unfathomable to me.

There was a bit of whiplash with Scott and Jean going "nope we're not ever getting together!" and Angel saying how he was with Laura, then Prime sets up a Scott/Jean/Angel love triangle.

Just put young Scott with Kamala already.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Kamala wants to date racists.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There was a bit of whiplash with Scott and Jean going "nope we're not ever getting together!" and Angel saying how he was with Laura, then Prime sets up a Scott/Jean/Angel love triangle.

All-New made it pretty explicit that Scott wasn't as down with the decision as Jean seemed to be.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

All-New made it pretty explicit that Scott wasn't as down with the decision as Jean seemed to be.

Then that just makes him a creepy nice guy goon and that's probably not what you want to do with a character that the company wants to "rehabilitate."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Then that just makes him a creepy nice guy goon and that's probably not what you want to do with a character that the company wants to "rehabilitate."

No that just makes him a guy that still likes a girl he's always had feelings for. There's nothing creepy about having feelings for someone. I mean it's Scott and Jean. They'll eventually end up together because that's just what happens.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eh, I just disagree if that's the endgame, then they're going about it the completely wrong way. Playing will they/won't they with them was done for like at least 20 years. So I'd rather they not do that again and either put them together, or keep them apart.

Also even though I never cared for the Angel and Laura thing, suddenly breaking them up for this love triangle is bad too.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Kamala needs to meet a nice Pakastani boy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
One day they will send the original five back to whatever hellhole they crawled from and we can pretend this was just the clone saga of the X-men.

One day.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr President posted:

Kamala needs to meet a nice Pakastani boy

Yeah, I wonder why you wouldn't want that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

One day they will send the original five back to whatever hellhole they crawled from and we can pretend this was just the clone saga of the X-men.

One day.

Nah, it's good having them without the baggage of their history. Which is why I think it's weird they'd immediately retread Scott and Jean drama.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Some of the baggage you can't escape. Like Hank doing stupid poo poo. Only this time it's magic and not science. Which I love. Hank having so little understanding and diving in head first is going to gloriously backfire.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

Yeah, I wonder why you wouldn't want that.

because I'm pakastani and know what the culture is like in real life unlike you?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr President posted:

because I'm pakastani and know what the culture is like in real life unlike you?

No, I was thinking more that at best you have this strict rigidness to want things the way they were in comics when you were a kid and are super resistant to any kind of change whatsoever no matter how unimportant. That's the best reading one could take of the majority of your posts in this forum.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Some of the baggage you can't escape. Like Hank doing stupid poo poo. Only this time it's magic and not science. Which I love. Hank having so little understanding and diving in head first is going to gloriously backfire.

Stupid Hank is still better than giant rear end in a top hat hypocrite Hank.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

No, I was thinking more that at best you have this strict rigidness to want things the way they were in comics when you were a kid and are super resistant to any kind of change whatsoever no matter how unimportant. That's the best reading one could take of the majority of your posts in this forum.

I'm not gonna dispute that but I must say it is funny hearing this from a dude with an X-O Manowar username/avatar. Talk about living in the past.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Stupid Hank is still better than giant rear end in a top hat hypocrite Hank.

Giant rear end in a top hat Hank is the best because he's been slowly sliding towards becoming straight up Dark Beast for years now and it's gonna be great when that dam finally breaks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr President posted:

I'm not gonna dispute that but I must say it is funny hearing this from a dude with an X-O Manowar username/avatar. Talk about living in the past.

Ah yes, the ancient series that just wrapped a couple months ago and started a new volume last week. That was so long ago.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

Ah yes, the ancient series that just wrapped a couple months ago and started a new volume last week. That was so long ago.

Well now adays everybody has a series but X-O Manowar hasn't been relevant since 1992. You should look into comic series that are actually hot and up and coming today like my boy Scarlet Spider and Cable.

People need to start reading the fresh stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your name used to be Alucard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr President posted:

A critically acclaimed run and if anyone wants to read some great comic read valiant. They also have some of the best crossovers if you like those things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nah, it's good having them without the baggage of their history. Which is why I think it's weird they'd immediately retread Scott and Jean drama.

This is undercut by most of them being defined by that baggage, even if in the sense they are trying to escape it.

I think Warren is the only one who isn't.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We're living in a world where the person who says Valiant is old fashioned is the one who's out of touch. And that rules, because New Valiant is some of the best comics currently being made.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Mr President posted:

I suspect an actual member of that culture would know that it's spelled "Pakistani."

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Wanderer posted:

I suspect an actual member of that culture would know that it's spelled "Pakistani."

God forbid people spell things wrong on an internet message board

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is Jean dating Quentin Quire yet?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

We're living in a world where the person who says Valiant is old fashioned is the one who's out of touch. And that rules, because New Valiant is some of the best comics currently being made.

Except shadowman

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is Shadowman actually bad? I actually liked the original 90s comic back then and haven't gotten around to reading the relaunch yet

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

bobkatt013 posted:

Except shadowman

Shadowman is probably as good as Shadowman is ever going to get which is still pretty bad but that's okay.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Lightning Lord posted:

Is Jean dating Quentin Quire yet?

Telepaths should be able to cancel each other out. They'd all date each other just to get some peace and quiet in their own heads. The real question is would it be worth having to spend time with Quentin Quire.

Unrelated: Bring back Kid Gladiator, goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

Telepaths should be able to cancel each other out. They'd all date each other just to get some peace and quiet in their own heads. The real question is would it be worth having to spend time with Quentin Quire.

Unrelated: Bring back Kid Gladiator, goddamnit.

Kid gladiator is in Thor.

• Locked thread