Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Also, that's really dark whats happened to Dazzler.
What's going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mystique is using her to harvest mutant growth hormone, while keeping her under sensory deprivation because she's not entirely sure if her powers work by sight or hearing.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Which is a pretty big reveal considering the issue that Magneto left, he finds that MGH is the abundant drug of choice for nearly the entire island of Madripor. That means Mystique has been draining her for quite some time and not a soul outside her click knows about it, save Magneto who I'm pretty sure isn't about to rescue a sellout to Shield.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Which is a pretty big reveal considering the issue that Magneto left, he finds that MGH is the abundant drug of choice for nearly the entire island of Madripor. That means Mystique has been draining her for quite some time and not a soul outside her click knows about it, save Magneto who I'm pretty sure isn't about to rescue a sellout to Shield.

I am sure she is just one mutant she is using.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HUGE thanks to Twisted for the summary. You've sold me on this book. (My wallet hates you.)

It meanders a bit at the start, but once it starts in on full crazy mode it doesn't stop. I'd say this is one of the most bad rear end Thor moments I've read outside his solo book (which is metal as gently caress).

quote:

The Goldballs jokes got a smirk and eye roll out of me but, it was specifically the pants soiling bits that were just annoying.

I can't wait for Magneto's next issue and thank you all for convincing me on Legacy #300... I teared up.

The 14 year old boy in me thought it was funny, but it also likes Emma's inner side boob a lot too, so its a bad person.

Gold Balls has a GOLD BALL on his costume. Seriously?

Aphrodite posted:

Scott already made the decision to go after SHIELD in All New, so this issue was mostly pointless.

Yea, but this time he REALLY MEANS IT!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Gold Balls has a GOLD BALL on his costume. Seriously?

Well that's where they shoot from when he has control.

Telling your enemy exactly where your attack is coming from is X-Men tradition.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

I am sure she is just one mutant she is using.

I dunno, I could totally see Mystique being the type to just stuff a bunch of people in a warehouse if that were the case but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right either. I guess it could be used as a retcon for anyone else MIA.

I'm also not really liking how some characters just went poof after those two X-Force teams met up.

On a plus side, I'm so happy for Nightcrawler's return!

Just for desicussion's sake (To the thread in general) Who's your favorite character right now and a moment they really shined in your eyes recently?

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 21, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I dunno, I could totally see Mystique being the type to just stuff a bunch of people in a warehouse if that were the case but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right either. I guess it could be used as a retcon for anyone else MIA.

I'm also not really liking how some characters just went poof after those two X-Force teams met up.

On a plus side, I'm so happy for Nightcrawler's return!

Just for desicussion's sake (To the thread in general) Who's your favorite character right now and a moment they really shined in your eyes recently?

No I am an idiot and I agree with you. I meant to say is that that I am sure she is not just the only mutant she is using.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Aphrodite posted:

Mystique is using her to harvest mutant growth hormone, while keeping her under sensory deprivation because she's not entirely sure if her powers work by sight or hearing.

God, at first I thought Mystique had removed Dazzler's eyes and was using them to better impersonate her or something :stare:

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

No I am an idiot and I agree with you. I meant to say is that that I am sure she is not just the only mutant she is using.

I'm slightly confused about whether that first part is sarcastic or not cause I totally got what you meant and agree with you that it probably is likely she's holding others captive for this purpose. I dunno how long it's been in comic time but its been enough time for Mystique & friends to gain control of the entire island with MGH seeming to be their main source of income. Dazzler looked pretty bad and I don't know exactly how the drug works but I'm pretty sure one mutant couldn't supply a whole population.

Geez, Pac, that's pretty twisted.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I'm slightly confused about whether that first part is sarcastic or not cause I totally got what you meant and agree with you that it probably is likely she's holding others captive for this purpose. I dunno how long it's been in comic time but its been enough time for Mystique & friends to gain control of the entire island with MGH seeming to be their main source of income. Dazzler looked pretty bad and I don't know exactly how the drug works but I'm pretty sure one mutant couldn't supply a whole population.

Geez, Pac, that's pretty twisted.

No its not sarcastic. I took my own comment as being just about her being the sole person, and thought I just hosed up. I assume that she is using the X-men to find new mutants, and thinking that SHIELD is helping contacts Dazzler and they are sent to be harvested.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

triplexpac posted:

God, at first I thought Mystique had removed Dazzler's eyes and was using them to better impersonate her or something :stare:

Honestly, when I read the issue I also thought they were going in that direction too. (To be fair, if one confines oneself to the art, it's likely that is what happened. Maybe editorial came in and had Bendis re-write the dialogue so as to imply a better fate for Alison.)

As for MGH, when it was introduced, the sole supply of it came from Spider-girl (in Alias) and later the Owl (in Daredevil.)
I think, though it's never been said, superhuman blood/DNA is a vital ingredient in MGH, but you can probably use it to make a lot of MGH as it only requires a small amount of that, and a lot of other chemicals.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
So, Dazzler really could be the sole source? That would explain the condition of her arm. Ouch.

I really gotta wonder what it'll be like when Nightcrawler and Cyclops(My two favs) meet up again?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So, Dazzler really could be the sole source? That would explain the condition of her arm. Ouch.

I really gotta wonder what it'll be like when Nightcrawler and Cyclops(My two favs) meet up again?

"Hey, Kurt. Welcome back. Death is boring, right?"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, at this point death's just a joke. Even for comic book deaths, the X-Men just don't stay on the other side, at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Codependent Poster posted:

"Hey, Kurt. Welcome back. Death is boring, right?"
And then Kurt's all "Dude I was having pirate swordfights and literally raiding Hell, maybe you were doing it wrong?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jean's been dead for quite a while hasn't she?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Moira McTaggart still dead? Has Banshee come back yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metal Loaf posted:

Is Moira McTaggart still dead? Has Banshee come back yet?

Is being turned into a Horsemen count?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Jean's been dead for quite a while hasn't she?

A Jean is dead.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Banshee was in a picture with an 'X' on it in the Uncanny Avengers book I read so I assume he's back and already dead again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Banshee came back in Necrosha.

Say, why didn't Jean come back that time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rick posted:

Banshee was in a picture with an 'X' on it in the Uncanny Avengers book I read so I assume he's back and already dead again?

He came back as a Horseman of Death. He has been neutralized.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Banshee came back in Necrosha.

Say, why didn't Jean come back that time?

It was a can of worms that'd have taken over the event.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I have some horrible feeling they'd recently done a resurrect Jean event like, centered on Pryor or something horrible like that? I feel like it was right around Necrosha? It's either I'm repressing a storyline or I'm having difficulty discerning my nightmares and flashbacks to Greg Land art, though. Both feel about the same.

It may not have involved Greg Land. The faces haunt me.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Aaron was dropping some pretty heavy Jean hints with the Wolverine in Hell story. But they never went anywhere.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

I have some horrible feeling they'd recently done a resurrect Jean event like, centered on Pryor or something horrible like that? I feel like it was right around Necrosha? It's either I'm repressing a storyline or I'm having difficulty discerning my nightmares and flashbacks to Greg Land art, though. Both feel about the same.

Phoenix: Endsong is the last story to use the original Jean Grey, I believe, and it was penned by Land. The Pryor story you're thinking of was probably during Fraction's run on Uncanny, which was also under the foul scrawl of Land.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Aphrodite posted:

He came back as a Horseman of Death. He has been neutralized.

Also the earth blew up and it's a time travel story so none of it will stick.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Spiderdrake posted:

They were building to her returning in Second Coming but there are certain editors/writers at Marvel that hate her and constantly veto her coming back, Bendis is one of them. She appears for a couple of panels in the Sisterhood of Evil arc which was Fraction/Land.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Phoenix: Endsong is the last story to use the original Jean Grey, I believe, and it was penned by Land. The Pryor story you're thinking of was probably during Fraction's run on Uncanny, which was also under the foul scrawl of Land.

Hey hey hey. Greg Pakk was also involved in Phoenix: Endsong. And the sequel, Phoenix: Warsong, but that didn't have Jean Grey in it.

The last proper appearance of Jean Grey (apart from the time displaced one) was at the end of AvX. She shows up in a very "this redhead whose face you don't see but is totally Jean Grey gives the equivalent of Superman winking at the camera." moment at the resolution of the story.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Question IRL posted:

Hey hey hey. Greg Pakk was also involved in Phoenix: Endsong. And the sequel, Phoenix: Warsong, but that didn't have Jean Grey in it.

The last proper appearance of Jean Grey (apart from the time displaced one) was at the end of AvX. She shows up in a very "this redhead whose face you don't see but is totally Jean Grey gives the equivalent of Superman winking at the camera." moment at the resolution of the story.

Greg Pak has at least done many great comics that redeem such a mistake. Greg Land has not.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

I would like to think Kurt would be the only X-Man on Logan's side to say "Oh hey, you were possessed by the Phoenix when you killed Professor X. You should come back to the school already and we should all stop acting like dicks for no reason."

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Yeah sorry, I should have been a lot more clearer on that. My curiosity isn't in regards to the reaction of Nightcrawler's return("Oh. Hey, Kurt, took ya long enough.") but to how he'll react to where/what Cyclops is now. I think you're right, Shaggy, I trust that out of everyone Kurt will understand that Cyclops, while probably aware of his actions, was unable to fight them and is truly sorry.

If anything you'd think everyone would be more sympathetic to Cyclops because this huge flaming demon bird that took the love of his life on multiple ocassions was forced into possessing him and making him kill his father figure. That thing is more his personal devil than Sinister ever was.

Spiderdrake posted:

Greg Land. The faces haunt me.

Me too, man... Me too.

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 23, 2014

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah sorry, I should have been a lot more clearer on that. My curiosity isn't in regards to the reaction of Nightcrawler's return("Oh. Hey, Kurt, took ya long enough.") but to how he'll react to where/what Cyclops is now. I think you're right, Shaggy, I trust that out of everyone Kurt will understand that Cyclops, while probably aware of his actions, was unable to fight them and is truly sorry.

If anything you'd think everyone would be more sympathetic to Cyclops because this huge flaming demon bird that took the love of his life on multiple ocassions was forced into possessing him and making him kill his father figure. That thing is more his personal devil than Sinister ever was.

Me too, man... Me too.

While that is a fair interpretation of Kurt's character and how he is willing to turn the other cheek as part of his nature....

From memory, before his death Kurt was distinctly uncomfortable with the X-Men being on Utopia. He disagreed with the direction that Cyclops was bringing the mutant race and felt that they were losing his soul. I believe he even made himself clear that after they dealt with Bastion that he was going to leave.

If anything, the current actions of Cyclops could be proof that Nightcrawler was right. (Cue Quinton Quire wearing a "Kurt was Right" T-shirt.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

But then Kurt gave his life for Hope because he had faith that she was going to save the mutant race.

Kurt would probably forgive Scott anything, because he's not the type of guy to hold grudges.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

But then Kurt gave his life for Hope because he had faith that she was going to save the mutant race.

Kurt would probably forgive Scott anything, because he's not the type of guy to hold grudges.

Only, Kurt would have done the same thing even if Hope was some random bystander. It was a kid that would have died without help that only he could provide.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Then he really isn't gonna like how Logan continued on with X-Force even after Scott disbanded it and even associated his face with it by inviting an alternate reality version of himself to join. Plus messing up Angel's persona and then Beast's messing with the time stream.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
And condoning that X-Force's murder of a child.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Then he really isn't gonna like how Logan continued on with X-Force even after Scott disbanded it and even associated his face with it by inviting an alternate reality version of himself to join. Plus messing up Angel's persona and then Beast's messing with the time stream.

Kurt will just act like every other character and forget that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What happened with Hope? She was the most important person ever for at least a year, and now I have no idea what book she's in now.

• Locked thread