Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat

Saoshyant posted:

All the stuff (which I will pretty much label as "the atrocities") Bendis is doing has an impact on the line. In fact it's establishing the whole direction for it that every other writer will have to accept. Beast changing randomly because "if Grant Morrison did so can I". The Original Five. Yet another dystopian future. SHIELD being the enemy. The Phoenix Trials. And he's been doing this for less than two years if I recall right. He won't be giving these toys away for a longass time.

Counterpoint: Chuck Austen's run which has been pretty much ignored (right? Right? Or maybe it was just ignored in my head).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
I was sad they had to undo the changes Colossus underwent, and that they took out Archangelocalypse. I thought it would have been an interesting change to have heroes becoming new long term villains.

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat

notthegoatseguy posted:

"Well, yknow, Ultimate Spider-Man is like Bendis' one good remaining book so maybe this issue won't suck"

Nope, it still sucked. God drat what was I thinking that Bendis could refresh himself with a new landscape of X-Men after his Avengers ran just ran out of steam. I really need to stop reading these books.

I mean 31 of these loving issues have come out of ANXM and it seems like almost nothing has happened of any real consequence.

I feel exactly the same way with UXM. I mean, what has actually happened? All I remember is some stuff about dodgy powers, Dark Beast was involved somehow and...what else? Anything? Oh yeah, Goldballs.

• Locked thread