Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Also coming to echo the love for Legacy #300. I'd genuinely love to see more of Forgetmenot, I love the very idea he's always been there from the start, and even you as the reader just forget about his involvement. He's such a novel, fun idea.

Aside: God. drat. you Mike Carey, stop writing all the books I like! Now I want more Lucifer to exist, even though I know it shouldn't. :smithicide:

Seemlar posted:

Unless they've decided to change things, the Fantomex we're seeing now is only two of those three split aspects of himself recombined, another reason why he'd be coming across differently.

If only that was a really acceptable answer for 'Not getting the loving character right'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't mind the 'fake' accent; I mind the fact he appears to be an entirely different person than the Morrison All-New or Remender Uncanny X-Force versions, which were both quite fun, especially Remender.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Frankly, I just want to read 'The Ongoing Adventures of Unit'.

Or just more X-Titles drawn by Clayton Crain or Mike Choi. I'm a sucker for both of their art.

Unf.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 19, 2014

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
There should be a standard rule that no Marvel comic ever should feature a character in tentacles. The connotations are just cringeworthy.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Rucka is doing such a great job writing Young Cyclops. It is refreshing to see him written as a unique character rather than using BendisSpeak.

Every time I see Rucka publish a book, I get a little sad he's not busy doing more Lazarus. :smith:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

d00gZ posted:

? Lazarus is still going on. Lark can only draw so many pages a month. Rucka writing more Lazarus wouldn't put it out faster.

I fail to see what your reasonable argument has to do with my entitlement-caused impatience. :colbert:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That's it; I'm done. I am no longer buying any 'Nothing actually loving happens' Bendis books any more. I cracked, I've lost it, it's gone. Give me Abnett, Remender, Kyle & Yost, any of them, at least the story moves forward and something changes there.

(And yes, I'm aware it's minimal in any of them, but at least it isn't issue after issue where absolutely gently caress all occurs, apart from copy/pasting of Bendis female trope characters being themselves.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As we're doing this...

My first encounter with the X-Men was when I was bought a Marvel Annual in the mid 80's, and there was one X-Men story in it, the aftermath of Mutant Massacre when Sabretooth attacks the school, and is fended off by Psylocke until Wolverine turns up. Psylocke was still traditional Betsy Braddock at this point, and gets ripped up pretty badly.

This was also when Magneto recently joined the school for the first time, and I dearly, dearly wanted to find out how this had happened, why Colossus and Kitty Pryde were messed up, etc. Then I read Mutant Massace 15 years later, and I was largely disappointed by comparison, because the Marauders were just so goofy compared to Sabretooth.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Am I the bad person for thinking the last time I genuinely even vaguely enjoyed a crossover event was either House of M, or maybe Second Coming? Otherwise, I haven't seen one that's been even vaguely exciting.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
For me, the recent history author tier list is still....

Whedon
Carey
Gillen
Claremont
My own fanfiction (Which notably, does not actually exist)
Collaborative Forum Star Trek / X-Men Crossover Erotica Fan Fiction
The FOX Movies
Bendis

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Skwirl posted:

There's a highly disturbing lack of Morrison on here even if you're one of those idiots who don't like his X-Men he's important enough to be on the list

You could make an animated GIF of that list where Morrison's name just moves all over it at random. There's individual bits of Morrison's run I love, and bits I despise. I can never decide.

E: Oh, and I just forgot to put him on there.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 17, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I would love someone to take the Secondary/Tertiary mutation route as a negative. Rather than just 'Here's your new super power!' run with it that Beast is merely the frontrunner in a curve; Yes, it's a mutation, you idiot, and it's going to have some short term effects that might be positive, but most of you are just going to mutate out of control and die. Then have people realise that Emma Frost, Beast etc. just happen to be older mutants, and it's actually going to happen to all of you, and most aren't going to survive it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

bobkatt013 posted:

Bendis did that in Ultimate x-men

Clearly not enough, as so many of them are still here.

(And it's a Bendis storyline, so it's all reverted to Status Quo by the end of it, anyway.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

That image pretty much summarises how I've felt about every Marvel storyline since about, I dunno, Messiah Complex? It might have sucked, but at least AvX had miiiiiiild ramifications. (And even those were either quickly discarded, or wildly downplayed; the whole P5 should have been hunted to the ends of the Earth)

The last two years managed to kill a lot of my Marvel interest in a way I'd never experienced before.

• Locked thread