Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I really liked Uncanny this week. Just a short, sweet interlude with Kitty and Illyana doing their thing and fighting monsters :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I think the Shi'ar/Brood/Galactus/Other stuff would be enough for Fox to throw together a decent cosmic movie if they really wanted to. They could make Phoenix an actual cosmic force as well.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I really don't get Bendis sometime. I'll reserve my judgment until I can read the full story but it seems like it would be a way better choice to make Magik lesbian if he wanted to make a 'classic' character homosexual since that would both make sense and not cause a ton of questions.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I don't really care about Iceman either way but the whole younger self thing just makes it so stupid no matter how Bendis decides to write it. I feel that there were several better options available if he wanted to diversify some old-school X-men.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Extraordinary seems OK, just a shame about Ramos.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Man, I loved Gillen's run.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I love how he gave Moonstar the focused totality line. The writer really wanted that in there.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

BrianWilly posted:

I can't help but be a bit fond of the metaphor that Inhumans' mists are literally killing mutants in the comics.

Yeah, it's certainly thematic if nothing else.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm pretty sure that nobody ever has cared about Bobby "The Iceman" Drake so Marvel can do whatever they want with him but man, this was handled extremely poorly.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I don't have any problem with Fox having the rights since those movies are actually mostly decent, I just wish that Marvel/Disney wouldn't passive-aggressively block games and animated shows etc. and marginalize X-men in the comics because of it. Fox aren't going to make less money from their movies because they do that!

Blockhouse posted:

They're just now allowing mutants into Contest of Champions though. Maybe something changed?

I think Contest of Champions was the last game that got to sign their contract back when Disney still was kinda ok with mutants. Games released after that have had none as far as I am aware.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 28, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, Isaac Perlmutter is really ind of crazy. So being this petty makes total sense, when you consider we're talking about corporate executives and their egos, and not rational human beings.

Yeah, supposedly a lot of this is due to a personal feud between the leaders of the companies which is why things have escalated a bit recently.

It only really hurts the fans at this point.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, the old inhumans were pretty rad. Hamfistedly trying to make them Mutants v.2 isn't that great though.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
They should bring back Maggott, the hero we deserve.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

twistedmentat posted:

And that is Laura Kinney.

I've been meaning to ask this, but what was the Legacy Virus. Outside of killing Illyana, I have zero idea what it was. Also, current Magik is from an alt universe or something?

Current Magik is a demonic Simulacrum of the dead Illyana or something like that if I remember correctly. comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The Fantastic Four got it a lot worse since there are significantly fewer FF fans than there are X-men fans. People just don't really care about them for the most part so they just shrug their shoulders and move on. I'm pretty sure that most of the complaints about Marvel trying to push the Fantastic Four out of the way came from X-fans who are afraid that the same thing might happen to their franchise.

Anyway, good to see Marvel ease up on the anti-fox stuff a bit.

Rochallor posted:

I don't remember, did the Cuckoos show up in Uncanny around that time? They dress differently at least, but put them all together and you've got Emma Frost, three clones of her, and a girl basically drawn as a clone of her, all on the same page.

Dazzler was featured fairly prominently in that run as well. Way too many blondes in one comic considering the main artist was really bad at distinguishing them. (Anka did a great job though)

• Locked thread