Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

HorseRenoir posted:

The guy still can't write Fantomex very well, though.

My personal theory is that he's speaking that way specifically to piss off Psylocke. It's probably not the case, but I'm sticking to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Isn't cool-rear end Xtreme eXiles Wolverine still around? He should be the Superior Wolverine.

Too busy having sex with Hercules.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Oh and hey, peoples powers will be back to normal now!

That whole thing is so dumb. It lasted 20 issues, maybe tying in to some big climactic event, then it turns out to be literally NANOMACHINES. In one line and a poop joke.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

quote:

Asked whether it seemed a bit sad to depict a character that must be in her thirties by now, in Marvel time, in the garb of a moody teenager from twenty years ago, "The Great One" pointed out that, up until this year, Dazzler has represented the fashion of disco music, which doesn't even make sense since Marvel's inscrutable fluctuating timeline means the first class of X-Men formed sometime around 2007.

This man is saying goth is better than disco. I mean, they're both bad, but at least disco has some endearing cheesiness to it.

Also nobody loving cares about the wonky timeline.

Jeabus Mahogany fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 21, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

My only gripe about her characterization was that the flashback scene by rights should have had her talking like a robot.

It wasn't a flashback, though, it was a dream sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Nah, that was a flashback; it's why they were in their Kyle/Yost-era X-Force outfits.

Nah, it was a dream sequence, it's why they were talking about the events that had literally just happened to Laura in the scene beforehand.

• Locked thread