Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Waterhaul posted:

Wolverine and the X-Men was alright this week though not the great relaunch I was hoping for.

On the other hand it had Patch. Patch!!!! and tons of kids stuff and Rockslide which everybody here seems to want.

I actually enjoyed it a good bit. I think for a first issue, it showed a lot of potential. I'm not familiar with Latour, but it seems like discussion of him is generally positive. I think Quentin Quire was more interesting here than anywhere else recently. He was fairly convincingly written as a conflicted teen. I really liked the moments between Logan, Fantomex, and Evan. I was also unfamiliar with the artist Mahmud Asrar. His linework was solid, and his facial expressions were good enough that they caught my eye.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Cabbit posted:

It was disposed of in accordance with time honored Shi'ar death rites, fired into a newly cleaned sliding glass door and then feed to a neighborhood cat.

Heh, took me a second. That's good stuff. Also tangentially reminded me of one of my favorite lines from The Crow movie: "Caw! Caw! Bang! gently caress, I'm dead!". If only Deathbird and some of the other boring Shi'Ar characters could go out that way...

More on topic, I do hope the future Brotherhood gets torn up, and we don't see them again. Probably won't get that lucky if Bendis gets stuck on them as antagonists. I'm also totally in agreement that Beast has/will betray the team via their totally fool-proof letters-to-our-future-selves scheme. Oh well, maybe we'll have our next Charlie X body, once the Axis event is over and his brain is pulled outta the Red Skull's dome.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 15, 2014

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

d00gZ posted:

That Outhousers article, like most Outhousers articles, is really loving dumb.

I've never been to that site before now, but after browsing a few articles I have to agree. I don't like Dazzler's new look in that cover, but I wouldn't call it emo or goth. Plus, I'm guessing it's not going to be in tatters normally... I hope.

Soonmot posted:

I realize that maybe four of us read Dazzler's Xtreme X-Men and I realize that Bendis gives 0 fucks about previous characterization.

I really enjoyed that title, but even going in I didn't expect it to get more than an arc or 2 before cancellation. General James Howlett and Hercules - Great Marvel couple, or the greatest Marvel couple?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Don't forget, in Marvel time, Logan's killed 6 - 7 of his own kids in the last year or so. He knew about Daken when he killed him of course (though that just made it much harder going in), the others he didn't know were his children until after he took them out. That, plus all of the stuff with X-Force and Evan has really had an effect on him. Oh, and dying, going to hell, having his body possessed, coming back to life, and the thousand other traumas of the last couple years. It's tough getting torn apart in 8 books a month...

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Eventually someone is going to try to update that X-Men relationship chart from a while back, and they'll end up raving mad as if they had probed too deep into some Lovecraftian tome.

• Locked thread