Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radlum
May 13, 2013
UXM was a weird read...the chronology was confusing and I didn't lke the art, but I liked the moments between young Scott and current Scott.

WatX was ok, I really like Quentin, since New X-Men days. I hope future issues improve a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

Metal Loaf posted:

It's been a good while since I read it, but I think "Riot at Xavier's" might have been the high point of Morrison's run. That's not to say any of what comes after it isn't good, because on the whole it is, but "Riot" was where a lot of his ideas were most fully realised (e.g. the increasing profile of mutants as a unique subculture).

Yeah, Quentin being a straight edge kid and then becoming the head of a mutant riot that rejects Xavier's dream was great, my favorite of Morrison's run. Also, am I the only one that really dislikes his last arc? Here Comes Tomorrow?

Why was Nightcrawler 1 really good or bad? I avoid current Claremont, but Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Man.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I used to really like ANXM, but this issue was dissapointing; I don't like the future Brotherhood and the whole "we are children of Mystique" felt really dumb.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Isn't AoA/Exiles Blink still an Exile? I liked the last series, but it had a rather sudden and open ended finale, where the characters just kept going right?

radlum
May 13, 2013
So Excalibur did what Exiles was about years before? You got me; is the series collected as Essentials or just TPB?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Where has Colossus been? Last I saw him he wanted to be left alone after the whole Phoenix Five fiasco; when did he joined Wolverine's school?

radlum
May 13, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Of course the issue ends right before X-23 does something cool. I do hope she kills all the future brotherhood so we never have to see them again.

I am interested to see the adventures of Iron Man, Ben and uh, the Cuckoo with the black hair (Irma? Mindee?).

I hope X-23 guts them all; I didn't like the future Brotherhood in the crossover and I don't like them here.

radlum
May 13, 2013
The art on Wolverine and the X-Men was really bad at some places, I'm thinking of dropping the book.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I just read the Uncanny issue this week. I just want some fallout from the whole Incursions in New Avengers and Beast to get exposed as the hypocrite and idiot he is and expelled from the school.

Also, Xavier is truly a jerk and a tease, just tell them your last will you bald jerk! Stop delaying it!

radlum
May 13, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think Bendis had his moments as well. There was one issue of his Illuminati that initially was promoted as "the wives of the Illuminati find out!!!!" and even had them all on the cover. But instead, it was just the Illuminati being all "women. Amirite?" and it was one of Bendis' best moments.

Didn't the other guys shame Tony for being with Madame Masque? I think someone described her as female Doctor Doom or something like that. I remember that issue; it was funny.

radlum
May 13, 2013
The Flop House is my favorite bad movie podcast and Elliot is amazing on it, also, he is head writer on The Daily Show, so it's not like he is just some random guy. His previous comics have been good so far so I'm very excited to see how this works out, I hope his humor can translate well in this series.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I really liked Magneto this week, but I just realized that at the death camp, he identifies the corpses as "mutants and inhumans". Besides that one issue of Uncanny X Men and Ms Marvel, is this one of the few references to the inhumans? I thought Marvel failed to make the inhumans a thing, but I liked that somehow Magneto could identify

radlum
May 13, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

How can you tell if a person is mutant or inhuman, anyway?

I meant something among those lines. As in, since Marvel was trying to push Inhumans as the new "thing" instead of mutants and then it just went away, save for Ms Marvel, it was weird that they were included with the mutants in the death camp (even as just corpses)

radlum
May 13, 2013
Nazi Dinosaurs. Thanks Cullen Bunn, that was another great issue of Magneto.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Metal Loaf posted:

Does anybody else listen to Rachel & Miles X-Plain the X-Men? I started listening to them shortly after they started (I think I began with the episode where they had Greg Rucka on to talk about Cyclops). I enjoy the podcast, though they're still in the phase of Claremont's run which is, generally speaking, uncontroversially well-liked, so I'm looking forward to see what they'll have to say as they proceed.

The actual content is very good, it really makes you wanna go read old Claremont issues; it's a great way to get excited about the X Men (with two geeks that really love the X Men) and to understand why they are such a big part of Marvel. Still, I'd like to hear less jokes and funny voices, they usually fall very flat.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So...Magneto this week. I think this was the issue I've liked the least, mostly due to it being a poorly though tie in to AXIS. I like the idea of Magneto assembling a team of villains but the roster seemed a bit random.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I get why Magneto, Loki, Mystique and Sabretooth are there. The rest of the team is very random. I mean, Absorbing Man was just in a couple of episodes of Agents of SHIELD, it's not like he is a featured villain from the films.

Also, who is this Hobgoblin? Phil Urich? Kingsley? A random franchisee?

radlum
May 13, 2013

Brocktoon posted:

I started listening to the first couple episodes of Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men. Does it ever get...not so stilted and scripted? It sounds like just two people reading a Wikipedia entry with lame rehearsed "jokes" inserted and not an actual discussion.

It gets better when they have a guest, like the Chris Sims, Greg Rucka and NYCC episodes. The normal episodes are as stilted as always. I wouldn't mind the "reading Wikipedia" narration (since some history podcast use that same style), but the lame jokes and dumb voices are the thing that make me groan and enjoy this podcast less.

radlum
May 13, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I felt it was really indicative of Kalan's humor style which i really like.

I like Beasts "if youre so smart why were you never given an infinity gem?"

I read all of Spider-Man's dialogue in Elliot's voice; it fits surprisingly well.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

I don't think anyone from Hope's little club really caught on (to be fair there were five of them) outside the background, but this is a good point. Rockslide and Hellion are still usually kicking around (SM+XM gives me hope Hellion's gonna be a major character again), Glob Herman and QQ from the first New X-Men, and we'll probably never get rid of Idie and Shark Girl. I like Eye Boy though.

edit: Just read Uncanny... I bet I'm not the only one who won't even be a little mad if they take this opportunity to handwave away some of the worse poo poo that's happened these last few years. But I'm not counting on it.

I liked the hispanic speedster, if only because I'm hispanic too. Also, the blue weird girl, she was slightly more memorable than "beast guy" and "Kieron Gillen has read Akira".

Whatever happened to those characters? Were they all just killed off like most young X-Men characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
How are the X-Men ongoings so far? I saw that Land is drawing Uncanny so I might not pick that one, but I'm interested in the others if they are good

• Locked thread