Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
So I'm about halfway through Bendis's X-Men run and I don't understand the hate it gets at all. I'm liking it a lot.

Only thing I don't like is the art in the Uncanny X-Men books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Marvel's no longer ashamed of owning the X-Men franchise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUB0osYVJiY&feature=youtu.be

Inhumans can suck it!

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

I'm on Unlimited so I'm a bit behind, but pre- Death of X there was Uncanny, Extraordinary, All New All Different, plus Wolverine, Old Man Logan and probably something i'm forgetting. Iceman and Jean Grey getting solo books is new, but it's like 2 new total books from a year ago.

Were also getting Generation X, Cable, and the return of Astonishing X-Men. I'm guessing there gonna also relaunch Uncanny a bit later maybe after they bring some dead x-Men back.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

While there's been plenty of X-stuff published, there's been a sentiment that the X-men are sealed off in their own corner the Marvel Universe because of the whole Fox thing, and that Marvel wants to "replace" them with the Inhumans. Personally, I feel that X-men work better when they ARE in their own corner of the MU, and I'm really not sure how much credibility there is to the conspiracy theory, but this relaunch is probably a deliberate attempt to counter that perception.

Regardless of what some bleeding cool haters and Bendis said this was absolutely the intent for the past 3 years. X-men were removed from just about all merchandise and images, the comics were giving really lame creative teams and were treated as second class compared to the inhuman who got a huge market push. X-Men were a cornerstone for Marvrl for decades and were noticeably throw to the side in favor of Avengers, Inhumans, and Guardians. Same thing happened with the Fantastic Four (except their fate was much worse)

Mr President fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 24, 2017

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

So Bendis and Lemire are considered lame creative teams?

Bendis started on X-men in 2013 before this Fox thing became a huge deal also he has so much clout with Marvel editorial they just let him do and say whatever they want.

Lemire absolutely was treated lame considering his big X-Men book he was paired with Humberto Ramos and it was basically an Inhumans tie-in book right from the start.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

That's totally separate from the conspiracy theory of trying to wipe out the X-men from the actual comic line, though. That's just Marvel not wanting to sell merch they have to split profits for.

It's not a conspiracy. They used Secret Wars to get rid of the Fantastic Four in 2015 and it's very obvious from the huge push for the Inhumans that came from both the comics and television divison that they were meant as a hasty replacement for the mutants and I absolutely believe Rich Johnson (who whether you like it or not does get insider information) that there was talk at Marvel of using the terrigen cloud to either move the X-Men to there own reality or make them a smaller marginalized part of the Marvel Universe. Why would anyone even dispute that? Look how often Marvel bends over backwards to make the comics more like the movies regardless if it makes sense (compare the Guardians of the Galaxy from 2008 or even 2013 to how they are portrayed now for example).

They shoved the X-men away, it backfired and now sales are suffering (for a variety of reasons) and that's why there doing this huge Resurection marketing push.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Mr. Maltose posted:

Please source your Bleeding Cool quotes.

I didn't actually quote anything but uh here you go

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/07/so-what-happens-to-the-x-men-after-secret-wars-spoilers/

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah they got rid of the Fantastic Four which is why Dr. Doom is starring in a comic book that also features Thing, and Human Torch is in one of those Inhumans books that was totally made just so Marvel can completely remove the X-Men from their comics line.

Really, relaunching X-Men three times in as many years was just a big conspiracy to get people to stop buying X-Men comics.

Uh they only "relaunched" x men once since All-New X-Men and it was part of a linewide relaunch and the book itself got very little fanfar. Not sure what Bendis, Marvels MVP, being allowed to use fantastic four characters in the background has much to do with anything either.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

So Franklin totally hosed up after Secret Wars and forgot about the time displaced X-Men didn't he? I imagine he created a whole other X-Men in the past and that's why they can't go back. Dammit Franklin after this and Jessica Jones and Ultimates 2 it's clear that you're not paying attention to the details.

It's been awhile since Secret Wars but wasn't it Reed and Molecule Man rebuilding the universe or was it franklin?

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

It's Franklin and Molecule man working together.Reed may have made some sciency thing to allow them to work together, but it's the two of them doing the heavy lifting.

You would think they would show a bit more care for fixing the actual earth they live on and not have an alternative WW2, a redundant set of x-men, Ultimate Reed and miles morales.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Miles Morales is there because he gave Molecule Man a burger.

I thought Molecule gave Miles back his mom in exchange for the burger. i think getting shoved into the 616 timeline was a bonus.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Codependent Poster posted:

There was a bit of whiplash with Scott and Jean going "nope we're not ever getting together!" and Angel saying how he was with Laura, then Prime sets up a Scott/Jean/Angel love triangle.

Just put young Scott with Kamala already.

Kamala needs to meet a nice Pakastani boy

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

Yeah, I wonder why you wouldn't want that.

because I'm pakastani and know what the culture is like in real life unlike you?

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

No, I was thinking more that at best you have this strict rigidness to want things the way they were in comics when you were a kid and are super resistant to any kind of change whatsoever no matter how unimportant. That's the best reading one could take of the majority of your posts in this forum.

I'm not gonna dispute that but I must say it is funny hearing this from a dude with an X-O Manowar username/avatar. Talk about living in the past.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

Ah yes, the ancient series that just wrapped a couple months ago and started a new volume last week. That was so long ago.

Well now adays everybody has a series but X-O Manowar hasn't been relevant since 1992. You should look into comic series that are actually hot and up and coming today like my boy Scarlet Spider and Cable.

People need to start reading the fresh stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Wanderer posted:

I suspect an actual member of that culture would know that it's spelled "Pakistani."

God forbid people spell things wrong on an internet message board

• Locked thread