Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The event as a whole is kinda blah and the Inhumans seem way more in the wrong than the X-Men, but I do like that the conclusion seems to be heading towards "the young inhumans and mutants realize what rear end in a top hat idiots the Royal Family and elder X-Men are, work together to find a solution that could have been done the entire time." I liked All New Inhumans so I'd like to see some of them stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It seems like in the rush to prove that "X-Men are a thing again," they're just launching a billion zillion titles that seems even more excessive than the '90s X-Men heights. I want to give things a fresh shot, but after the last few years of X-Men I really can't muster the enthusiasm to even try more than a few of them. Given the fan enthusiasm level for X-Men and the current sales figures of new Marvel comics, the idea that there's this huge groundswell of enthusiasm and the books are going to sell a ton rings false as hell. Even if there was any enthusiasm for the X-books, would that be enough to sustain an Iceman solo book, a Jean Grey solo book, and a Cable solo book in addition to all the others?

Then again, the heads are back in the upper-left corners of the team books and I'm undoubtedly going to try out Generation X and the main X-Men team books just based on nostalgia alone. Perhaps they know what they're doing to some extent.

• Locked thread