Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Unless they've decided to change things, the Fantomex we're seeing now is only two of those three split aspects of himself recombined, another reason why he'd be coming across differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Was it even shown on panel how that happened or is that just another one of the awesome mystery fall outs from that aweaome X-Force vs. X-Force crossover?

It wasn't even fallout from the crossover, she was perfectly fine at the end of that. It's just a completely out of nowhere development for the new book.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Wanderer posted:

I wonder if they're going to pull the old "death of the identity, not the character" dodge and we'll find out Logan's been living by himself in a log cabin in Canada.

That was how Cornell's "Killable" arc ended before the solo relaunched and immediately hand waved it away by having Logan say he was just being melodramatic.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Cabbit posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm not terribly broken up that Dazzler won't be drawn as Generic Spandex Wearing Blonde Woman #a billion any more.

I'm saddened that we won't get to see Bachalo try and draw a scene where Magik, Emma, Celeste and Dazzler are standing next to each other

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Did I miss an AXIS label on that thing somewhere because that sure was a story where a bunch of unpleasant assholes prevail over the one guy in the entire arc who wanted to help and support the mutant in need rather than trying to murder him

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

DrProsek posted:

Since there's no books with Scott or Emma, and there are other upcoming books that weren't announced in the giant batch of announcements (Black Panther, there are no books with Black Widow, etc), I think there might be 1 more X-Men book, but it would be weird to show off all the X-Men books but that one, and Scott, Emma, the Cuckoos and the new students were all core Uncanny members so it would also be weird to have all the Uncanny characters jump boat to a new book.

According to Lemire, Scott and other notable X-Men are missing in action after some mutant-Inhuman incident that's taken place during the timeskip. His book is the one dealing with it.

That said, it did seem like the last issue of Uncanny was setting up the Cuckoos and students breaking away and doing something as a team together, but not under an X-Men flag.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Cabbit posted:

Am I going to be the odd one out if I say 'no'? That was like.. way too fast, and seemed ludicrously heavy handed. I was expecting it to end up being an illusion by the Stepfords at the end, with a 'and this is why we shouldn't go public' thing. Like, the dude was popular and accepted as a hero and, no, suddenly we're all ravenously bloodthirsty because of you being a mutant.

That was actually kind of the worst use of that I've seen in a long time.

It's also incredibly bad because a group of young mutants striking out on their own not under an X-Men banner like the decided in the previous issue is a hell of a lot more interesting an idea than "oops, guess we should be JGS background cameos after all"

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
UXM: Incorporating intimidation into my revolution was wrong, mutants are here among you and we're nothing to be afraid of. *smiles into the sunset*
EXM: Oh my god, because of Scott, nobody is afraid of us anymore! It's open season on all mutants!

I'd love to peer inside the head of whoever decided to hold back Uncanny 600 to release it alongside Extraordinary. It makes EXM's poo poo premise come across even worse.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

So the version of Illyana running around now is basically a copy of the original from her post limbo teenage years with no soul.

Illyana got her soul back in the New Mutants run where she destroyed the Elder Gods

It's just that getting it back didn't instantly undo what kind of person she'd become, although post Schism/AVX she's gradually gone through what is basically a redemption arc.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Would you not be bonded for life with the person you jet packed naked with? Is that just a casual activity for you?

I like how it was completely casual and unexceptional from Laura's point of view, other than being a little chilly

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Did anything come from Magik training with Dr. Strange in the past?

It was a core part of her reforming herself from the pre-Bendis run status of being a complete sociopath to being relatively well adjusted, not destroying Limbo, and it resulting in her being Sorcerer Supreme in the far-future where Eva ended up so Eva could even learn how to return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I still think about that issue with Morph where Emma is just randomly dressed up like a goth punk in a Punisher shirt. To peer into Bachalo's head and see what was going on that week.

• Locked thread