Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
And condoning that X-Force's murder of a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Glad I didn't bother with the last issue.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's comic books. I'm not going to let physics ruin my enjoyment of an otherwise excellent Greg Rucka boook about space pirates.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

So, nobody has issue with the 'couple of weeks' thing in Cyclops?

My mind is still boggling.

The original five X-Men had only been with Xavier, in the past, for five weeks before they were brought to the future.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm dumping Wolverine. There is just nothing going on in it that I remotely care about.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I realize that maybe four of us read Dazzler's Xtreme X-Men and I realize that Bendis gives 0 fucks about previous characterization. But....

Well, I'll let the picture in the link speak for itself.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....campaign=buffer

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

The Gambit series by James Asmus is really good. Totally worth reading.

That series and the end of the X-23 series before it where Gambit became Laura's mentor pretty much totally redeemed Gambit for me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

There's also the fact that Scott welcomed the Phoenix Force, despite knowing first hand that it's an uncontrollable cosmic force. Wolverine didn't ask to be mind controlled (unless you count the time he became Death, but that was only to stop Sabretooth from doing it iirc).

Scott welcomed the Phoenix Force for Hope, who was groomed and ready for it until the Avengers and Wolverine hosed it up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Decius posted:

It has dropped to 30k shipments with losing about 1000 readers per issue, so it's probably either that with hopes of getting more readers or cancellation in about 4-6 months. Would be a shame, because I really like the book (but the same is true for nearly every Marvel book that has been canceled recently/is in the cancellation zone - She Hulk, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Cyclops...).

I also think the book was never supposed to be a really long-running series in the first place, just something to make Magneto a villain again like Cabbit said - not that I'm particularly happy with it, Mutant-Punisher-but-still-considered-somewhat-a-hero Magneto would be my preference over out-right villain.

Yes, I really don't want Magneto to become a black hat again. That said, this is good story that's being told.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

Storm was much better this week. Nice Calypso story without retreading the exact same ground a zillion times before. Also probably the most convincing Wolverine/Storm pairing I've seen, and that's counting Aaron's WATXM.

I still don't get the Storm/ Wolverine pairing. Was that a Claremont thing? I'd expect Storm to have better taste.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Genetic Toaster posted:

I really want a Quentin Quire / Captain America team-up book now.

They did that in an issue of A+X

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

Just flipped through the new X-Men, Gambit is TOTALLY the type of guy to go to Burning Man to hit on girls.

I didn't know how perfect that was until i saw it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

The best part is that the girls treated him like a total cheeseball creep instead of falling for it.

That's what really sold me on the scene.

So, Wolverines #1....

Aside from the art, and the "let's introduce everyone" intro dialogue, I really enjoyed it. Loved seeing Sinister pop in at the end, although when did Dakken lose his healing factor?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Death of Wolverine: Logan Legacy #7. Which might as well have been Wolverines #0. He got attacked by some freaky power suction monster that just sucked the healing right out of him.

Oh that's right! That was a forgettable mini

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

The first two issues of X-Force are kinda puzzling and meh, but I think after that the series starts to solidify pretty well, so I'm kinda confused about this "slow buildup" narrative. But I think I'm a sucker for that uber-Brit Warren Ellis dialogue, so maybe it's me.

Compare the first issue with the Marrow narration to this most recent one with her narrating. That is some good character growth.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It is aggressively bland.

Unfortunate, but true.

In happier news: http://www.theouthousers.com/index....campaign=buffer

Bendis is leaving!!!

EDIT: We probably still won't find out what Xavier's will said by that point.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
drat, you were fast with that avatar, bobkatt!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
These last however many months were nothing more than a wet fart. Was it six months? Okay, well all that never happened! And that's fine, there's drama to be mined in showing horrible alternate paths, but don't stretch that poo poo for more than an issue or two unless you can stick that landing. These were bad, pointless comics.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh my, you're right. :suicide:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I had to check to see who the writer was after this issue of All New X-Men because it was pretty good. But it was still Bendis, I should have guessed from the "boop".

But it was still a solid issue.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Was it going to be Wilson or is she just helming that Avengers series?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I almost stopped reading after four pages of:
"there's a mutant here?" "Yes." "Here?" "There's a mutant here." "A mutant?"

Glad I stuck it out because it really ended great.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

One was, like, shadow manipulation, one was gravity I think, and the other might have just been generic laser blasts.

The idea of letting you create your own X-Man is actually kind of cool, it was just done in the most bare-bones way possible. Like, if they'd done it in a more Bioware or Bethesda way, where you make a complete custom dude or lady and have dialogue trees and such, it could be fun.

Yep, that's why I was ultimately disappointed in it. I wanted to create my powers not just do the stupid level up bullshit

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I swear, someone could create a superhero called The Human Turd, and if she was female, she'd eventually be drawn super hot.

And now I've remembered Wanted. Thanks for nothing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I finally started to listen to Rachel and Miles ave this is a great podcast. It's also one of the only nerd podcasts I've heard where no one has an annoying voice. Thanks for the recommendations

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've been enjoying her new series with Alpha Flight a lot more than her old one

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ah poo poo. I'm glad they're still friends and can't imagine how difficult that situation is for them both. I'm still in the 130's, so I'm behind.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Bendis gave us Goldballs, I feel it was worth it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

3 but 2 of them dye their hair now.

What if they don't and only make you think they have different hair colors?

• Locked thread