Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Why did they cancel the good X-Force and make three lovely ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I liked that Spider-man suddenly smashed a phone booth. And that there was such a thing as a phone booth.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I know this isn't what you're taking issue with, but every time there's a "hope you survive the experience," I cringe so hard.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Speaking of Blink, what is 616-Blink or AOA/Exiles-Blink up to these days? It would make sense to stick one of them in a book since she's a character in the new movie.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Does baby Xavier look just like Xavier because Mystique was disguised as him when she hosed him?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
There wouldn't have to be so many clones, future babies, and babies that travel to the future and return as adults if they just aged characters at a reasonable pace. It would also solve the problem of what to do with 500 X-Men characters hanging around with nothing to do while they still keep crankin' out new ones.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
It's like they were planning to kill another villain but realized after a lot of work was done that they had too many Beasts kicking around.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
So, Wolverine is spending a couple issues with the new Ms. Marvel. Is he just incapable of staying away from teenage girls, or what? It seems like all he ever does is round up high school females to "mentor."

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I don't know if Emma was ever marriage material for anyone. She's not exactly the type. She's probably banged half the B-team by now.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
There's going to be a scene in the next issue where he peeps on her and notices a gold ball falling out of her butt hole.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
What month will Wolverine come back to life?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
My commandment would be that people age at a reasonable rate and when they die, they stay dead forever. This fixes the cluttered rosters of hundreds of barely used characters. It also fixes the problem of all the future babies if characters can actually have kids that age.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think you're right, but the X-Men books in particular seem to have a huge focus on the future and new generations. They also hamstring it by keeping a lot of old characters around who haven't had an interesting personal story arc in 30 years.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Was there really a reason the Phoenix Five needed to be stopped? It seemed like they were bringing about positive changes in the world, but the Avengers decided decided they didn't trust them?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I'm sure Wolverine and Storm will only last until just before the next time Jean comes back and then it's that poo poo again.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Looking at the solicitations for the next few months, it seems like there will be more books about dead Wolverine than alive Wolverine.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

twistedmentat posted:

So, yea Wolverine and the Xmen was one of the worst comics I've ever read since Age of Ultron, and that was the Fearless Defenders issue.

I'm impressed that you made it all the way through.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
In which issue do people react to the Wolverine statue?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Fantastic.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think if they want an all female team to appeal to female readers, they could start by hiring artists who can draw more than one woman. Look at that cover. It's twenty women with different hair and costumes and all the exact same figure, same d-cup boobs, and same generic face.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

WickedHate posted:

Ms. Marvel is the diamond in the rough and nothing good about her requires being an Inhuman. She would be exactly as good as she is, or better, as a mutant.

Right, but why promote a solo character they couldn't turn into a movie if they wanted?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
This talk about scripts makes me curious whether there are notable comic scripts out there that were never produced for whatever reason. Is that a thing? Kinda like how there is the Black List for unproduced movie scripts.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I thought Hope and her crew were extremely bland characters, and I laughed out loud when her Phoenix destiny was a big fart.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Wasn't there a recent story with Iceman where he faced all of his exes and dealt with how he treated them like crap? It seems like it would have made sense to spin that story into him pushing them away because he knew he was lying to himself.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have a gently caress you dad attitude but they aren't that different.

Well Jean is an rear end in a top hat, so there is that.

What were old Jean's character traits? All I can remember is her being the designated sexual conquest and turning into the Phoenix.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I remember having a preview book for Generation X that had concept art and details about upcoming stuff. I really enjoy that sort of thing, and it seemed like they had a lot of cool stuff planned out, but I guess it didn't go according to plan after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I would love to be the one who gets to come up with stupid powers for background mutants.

• Locked thread