Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Codependent Poster posted:

"Hey, Kurt. Welcome back. Death is boring, right?"
And then Kurt's all "Dude I was having pirate swordfights and literally raiding Hell, maybe you were doing it wrong?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

twistedmentat posted:

All I know about Xorn being a bad guy is he eventually kills the current Jean, which I assume happens in this run. That scene already had something off by it. There's a lot of hints about Xorn being not on the up and up, though it really seems like his friendship with Scott is genuine.
Tell us when you hit the part where he's killing Jean, we can point out to you exactly what was going on at that point. But yes, there was something off about the whole thing, wasn't there?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

So Xorn never existed, and was Magneto the whole time, but he was being controlled by Sublime? Yikes.
Yeah, so remember when Xorn was trying to save Quentin? Go back and re-read it now.

Magneto does loving nothing, makes up some bullshit about "oh wait no it's really a secondary mutation!", and just lets the kid die.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

I think most people would agree Marvel went down the shitter when Disney bought them.
I would do my level best to laugh anyone claiming that out of the room.

Fuckin CORPORATIONS, man :argh:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

So I guess I just stopped giving a gently caress about ANX but did Bendis actually explain how Corsair came back to life or is that yet another thing he just chucked out the window?
He hasn't, but he's said he's gonna.

So... no.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Children's Crusade was Age of Ultron-level terrible.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

SirDan3k posted:

Yeah but she and the lights were supposed to begin the slow trickle of new mutants that they had to retcon away so Iron Man could catch a case of plot born idiocy that was "the phoenix will destroy us despite all repeated evidence to the contrary and the mutants having a custom-built host ready for her. I'm a genius!"
Fixed that for you.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

SirDan3k posted:

Yes after thirty odd years of Cyclops swinging back and forth from distrusting to outright hating the Phoenix force it was truly Iron Man who was acting out of character.
No, Iron Man making a snap decision, deciding he's right, ignoring any contrary opinions, and acting on his snap decision to disasterous result is entirely in character.

It was still his fault.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

coconono posted:

Disagree. When Claremont wasn't fetishizing her, she was a vibrant dynamic female lead. Former deity twice over and Black Panther's sorta ex-wife, plus sometimes team leader of the x-men, there's tons of story hooks to work with.
Can you explain what she actually wants, then? I'm not being faceitious, I just can't imagine a story for Storm because I have no loving idea what she wants that she doesn't already have or could easily get.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

I've said this before, but Storm should ideally be treated as a female Thor. He doesn't really have any obvious flaws either, at least in the more modern comics, but a lot of his character is influenced by his supporting cast.
The problem there is that Thor has stories that managed to resonate with audiences for literally thousands of years to draw upon; he's got a huge, proven supporting cast right off the bat. Anything you do for Storm has to be invented out of whole cloth and is going to have a pretty high failure rate, because all new ideas do.

I suppose you could lean into the goddess angle and bring in African mythology, but now you're way the hell away from what ought to be an X-book. (Although I'd love to see a modern Anansi constantly feuding with/teaming up with/annoying Loki.)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I thought Bendis handled the whole young Jean/old Scott thing perfectly; he was underlining "this is creepy and don't you ever do it" pretty hard.

What's interesting to me is that Scott just had Jean Grey tell him he grew up into exactly the sort of man she'd always hoped he'd be. He has needed that validation for, basically, forever -- I want to see if that changes him at all. It ought to.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If only Marvel had some talented and comparatively underworked female writers already on-staff that they could give the all-female X-book to.

Oh, they have two of them? Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

And X-23 was totally down with it. I guess you always meet the worst guys when on the rebound.
Hallucination X-23 was totally down with it; the Cuckoos were feeding Quentin his fantasies back to him.

Still hilarious.

• Locked thread