Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
Rule 1 of Fight Club: Don't ask about other shards. We play on Ultima Online: Forever. If that changes, this thread will be closed and a new one opened. Hint: It will not change because all of the other servers out there are crap.

Rule 2: New Shards. Dont advertise them here. Make your own thread. Hint: It will be closed in a month which is why no one wants to read about how Az is trying to launch IPY5 or UOTotallyNotGoingToFailAgain3.

New TS Info: uofgoons.teamspeak3.com

What is Ultima Online?
Ultima Online (UO) is a graphical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), released on 24 September 1997, by Origin Systems. It was instrumental to the development of the genre, and is still running today. The game is played online in a fantasy setting similar to that of the other Ultima games that preceded it.

Pretty much it's an old game we played when we were 12 on Friday nights using AOL. One of the first MMOs, if you will. At some point around 1999 (trammel) and then 2003 or so (skill scrolls) Origin released a ton of drastic changes which made the game poo poo and everyone quit. A lot of us can't get enough of this game and have played on a lot of free servers over the past 10 years that retain the old features. So far this seems to be the only server that has actually done things right and given us that old UO feel. The main selling points of this game are skills instead of levels. 700 points total with 100 points being the max per skill. So there's no endless grind after you finish your character. The other is it being an open world with free loot/pvp.

That means that you can do anything you want. The only goals are the ones you set for yourself

:goonsay:

oh and it's free

The best part is they've complied everything into one installer so you don't have to gently caress around getting it set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRhq8bc-58

UO Nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nPcjU0Zv3s

Vent UO rage

This server launched on Jan 18th, after a year of beta testing. This server has been growing steadily the largest server now. You'll see people running around at random spots in the world. And they encourage killing monsters so you'll always find people in dungeons. Avg population is about 600+ right now it seems. It's as close to 1999 as you'll ever get.

Goon Squad is our guild. Many have come and gone so it's hard to judge population at any given time. We've been one of the top commerce villages, most hated PK guild, and pretty much anything inbetween. Most of us are more than willing to help new people get started and throw some gold/runebooks/spellbooks your way. We're mostly doing group dungeon events and tmaps/mibs. Some people PK. If that's your thing, go hog wild just please don't kill customers at our vendor house(s).

Some of the main features:

- 3 Accounts per IP (1 house per account)
- 3 Characters per account, can purchase extra slots with donation coins which are purchasable via RMT or in-game gold.
- Modified Faction system in play
- No Trammel. There is talk of adding a separate facet for special PvP ruleset (T2A style with a custom faction system)
- No Smart Target, Ranged Target, Closest Target, etc. (Target next humanoid works) If someone knows otherwise, let me know
- Relatively easy skill gain. Some skills however are extremely difficult, creating much value to those skill sets. Taming seems to be the only skill that is a real pain. Crafting skills being second (though that's not saying much)
- Classic & Customizable housing
- No faction taxes in Brit
- T2A closed
- Can steal faction sigils with 0 stealing
- Krioss/Salos client are forbidden. As well as Easyuo (:ssh:)
- No bolas
- No skill balls. But it's possible to buy "donation coins" which can get you things like an ethereal mount or cosmetic items. $10. More info on their site.
- Pet summoning balls and bonding deeds purchasable via donation coins
- No insta-hit
- Completely custom naval combat system
- Achievement system
- Legendary tamer pets including the meta dragon that is hatched and grown via XP system
- Special moves such as: Stun punch, Paralyzing blow, Concusion blow, Crushing blow and Disarm are in.
- No heal/harm/lightning wands
- Anatomy + Evaluating Int. = Defensive Wrestling.
- You cannot throw explosion potions with a two handed weapon.
- All skills are purchasable up to 50.00 points through NPCs.
- 700 point skill cap and 225 for stats. 120 skill scrolls exist for crafting skills and things like taming/provo. Does not affect pvp.
- Certain creatures have a chance at dropping a (+1)-(+3) Skill scroll for any random skill. These may be traded, sold, stolen, looted, or used.
- Order/Chaos is in
- Hunger/thirst effects skill gain so make sure you eat/drink. Pretty sure hunger slightly effects weapons skills and chance to fizz on spells. It's best to find a nice secret spot in a dungeon to macro. Ask us in game and we should be able to set you up with some premarked spots.
-The forge in Brit adds a bonus to exceptional chance, reduces the materials you use when crafting, has no town penalty for skill gain, and has a special 2% chance at creating slayers with blacksmithing, fletching, and carpentry.
-Miners have a 5% chance to get a double return of iron ingots when smelting per 10.0 skill in mining. So at GM you have a 50% chance at double.
-Reds can no longer go into gates while in the heat of battle.
-Reds can enter town
-Ethics system for factioning
-Numerous new dungeon levels and maps
-Level 6 treasure maps for guilds

-SKILL GAIN BONUSES.
-25% in houses
-25% on boats
-50% when used on another player
+30% in Dungeons
+25% when used on a monster
No change in wilderness or town

-The following Razor/AssistUO features are DISABLED:
Smart Target
Random Targets
Closest Targets
Over Head Health Numbers
Auto Loot

Also, guys, evoryone should use this for mapping. UOAM still works but you might have to fight with it first.
UO Cartographer
http://uoforever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6628

IRC
Most of us just use the in-game chat feature when we're online. Otherwise, some of us idle in the official UOF IRC channel listed on http://www.uoforever.com/chat/

There are plenty of browser irc programs out there. If you use firefox you can use chatzilla which I highly recommend. It's also possible to get a standalone copy of chatzilla.

To Register your nickname:
1) Make sure you're using the nickname you would like to register.
2) Type: /msg NickServ register YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL
3) Use: /msg NickServ help register for more information.

You'll get a confirmation email.

To Identify yourself:
1) /msg NickServ identify YOURPASSWORD

Goonglow

This is where we all live. There's about 20+ houses I'd say. We're at the Brit x-roads. We own almost everything to the north of the roads. Don't bother running there just try to find someone in game to grab you at brit bank and find someone in guild chat to add you. The main house has a vendor mall and rune library. Lots of traffic there. (Watch out for reds)

Lookit dat rune librry

UO Posititing system

I totally forgot about the razor map. General > bottom left "Open UO positioning system." It shows any of your party members on the map as well.

Client mod

This was posted on the uof forums but deleted when I tried to get it later on in the day. I found the guy in irc and he sent me all the poo poo. Using it now.

Highly visible backpack and containers
Larger house/boat keys
Larger gems
Larger keys
Smaller robes and cloaks
Very visible dungeon traps
No sails on ships
6 of 8 magic reagents have had their sizes increased, making them easier to work with
Replacement graphic for energy bolt - highly visible, great for group pvp
Status bars have been changed
Gaechti's No Trees Mod
Gaechti's Clean Floor Mod
Gaechti's No Rooftops Mod(does not include custom houses ...yet!)

https://mega.co.nz/#!FAkyTTDI!bmqfzQ8V5z1qvpUJtIn3jmQ0q3UzaDuuCjtbIaI9hmQ

and for just these settings

https://mega.co.nz/#!ldlGmBCB!EkquxwCkYOn2qjlRS27C7iZDnZhH8Rrn5Gttfg17lv4

Highly visible backpack and containers
Journal background color changed for easy reading
Larger gems
Larger house/boat keys
Smaller robes and cloaks
Very visible dungeon traps
No sails on ships
6 of 8 magic reagents have had their sizes increased, making them easier to work with

Of course make sure you copy the original files before you copy/paste these into the UO folder

Links

UO: Forever

Forums

What newbie items (blessed) you get with what skills

Detailed razor guide

Common UO command lines

Common templates

Magery/Resist skill gain

PvP guide (hotkeys, templates, general tactics)

Forgot the Force game size window option in razor under "more options." Unfortunately you can only get so big before you get really bad black tearing at the edges. I feel 1080x800 is about as optimal as you can get.

UO Guide

I made this gently caress-off huge guide when I was playing hybrid with goons. Some of it doesn't apply but feel free to read it if you're completely new.

Make sure you make a recall macro and leave house macro.

RIP GOBLIN SWEETE PRINCE yes that is a bear wearing a cowboy hat with a lariat so what

KetTarma fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Might wanna let them know their nick should be registered already on lightirc if they talk at all in UOF's irc. The only difference is that they might use their character names in UOF channel, and in the goon channel it would preferable if they use their SA names.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
You guys are loving idiots. Gwaps/Tpain forever.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Also it might be plausible for FNG's to ask for guild invites in IRC since to get in there they'd have to have gotten the info from the thread. I think. Can non-members see the games forum?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So Goblin's really done for good eh?

Eptiliom
Jan 15, 2005

life is killing me posted:

Also it might be plausible for FNG's to ask for guild invites in IRC since to get in there they'd have to have gotten the info from the thread. I think. Can non-members see the games forum?

I cant when not logged in.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Eptiliom posted:

I cant when not logged in.

Well, then if you make it as far as the IRC channel and ask to be invited there, should be good for any officer to invite them, right?

I mean, I know some dudes won't come into the IRC at all. Love to see KT in there since he appears to be running the guild now so his presence can be felt

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

So Goblin's really done for good eh?

Well, he gave me the library and transferred the guild to me so I think that is a p good sign. I think he logs on to refresh his house still unless someone else is refreshing it.

Whenever I'm in IRC I'll sit in the guild channel. I dont do it a ton since I dont run IRC -that- often.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I idle in the synirc one because the other server is for jerks.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

I idle in the synirc one because the other server is for jerks.

Aw cmon you're safe in our lightirc channel JFG (just for goons)

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
Whoever posts after me gets a bag of stuff.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

|Ziggy| posted:

Whoever posts after me gets a bag of stuff.

I love you

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I love free stuff hook me up

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Sound posted:

I love free stuff hook me up

hahaha owned

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Lifted requirement for nick registration to have voice priv in IRC since stupid Lightirc is having stupid problems sending stupid registration confirmation code emails.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

thx obamma

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

KetTarma posted:

thx obamma

yur wekkum, amurrica.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
KET TARMA SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Brit sewer entrance is a good macro spot. Just have to be careful of thieves and PKs. Thieves can easily be avoided if you have a mage or enough magery to teleport onto the bridge just at the entrance, by teleporting to the top of the entry ladder, then onto the bridge for line of sight. I have GMed alchemy, poisoning, resist, magery, and combat skills just macroing there. I have been PKed a few times, but the skill gain makes it worth it. Just don't take a retarded amount of macro materials with you at once and you'll be fine. If you get PKed while on the bridge, simply use the help function and go to the "I'm stuck" option or whatever it's called, choose britain and it will teleport you there in two minutes.

I am Putty and a little girl. I'm thinking of making a PvM char. Was going taming but realized how boring it is and how long it would take. Thinking of an archer/provoker for khaldun. Just something to keep my money up for my two PvP chars.

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 28, 2014

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Pepsi-Tan posted:

KET TARMA SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

come back to me, mi amor

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Good amount of activity in goon irc now, much better :)

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
So they made me a counsellor… I have zero powers and it's actually frustrating cause I feel like I could help a whole lot more with just a bit more power, but whatever… They pay in donation coins!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

So they made me a counsellor… I have zero powers and it's actually frustrating cause I feel like I could help a whole lot more with just a bit more power, but whatever… They pay in donation coins!

I bet they hear that argument a lot when they make dudes counselors..."No but like, if I had more, uh, powers, then I could, uh, help people more. Yeah! Help people more. C'mon."

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well being able to teleport to anyone in the world to help would be handy. Also to check for reds/blues for your guildmates to go roll!

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

What's the pay like?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Since I changed stuff around, have there been any more scamming attempts?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
Also, on the subject of macro spots, I'm pretty sure there's a book with many different macro spots marked in it on my roof.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOU HAVENT SEEN IT IN MONTHS!

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

KetTarma posted:

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOU HAVENT SEEN IT IN MONTHS!

Hey can you add the Teamspeak server in the OP?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

what is it?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
So I killed someone in their house in goontown who had filled commodity deeds of 1k of each reg. He wasn't guilded and I didn't recognize the name. If it was one of you then let me know and I'll give you your stuff back.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Full Metal Jackass posted:

So I killed someone in their house in goontown who had filled commodity deeds of 1k of each reg. He wasn't guilded and I didn't recognize the name. If it was one of you then let me know and I'll give you your stuff back.

I hope it wasn't a goon so you can keep the stuff.

Because that's a good score.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

What? I thought you werent playing here?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Surfing Turtle posted:

What? I thought you werent playing here?

I log on whenever I get a free chance to. It hasn't been very often for a couple of months though. Couple nights ago I had a goon go "who are you?". That pretty much sums up my UO frequency.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

I log on whenever I get a free chance to. It hasn't been very often for a couple of months though. Couple nights ago I had a goon go "who are you?". That pretty much sums up my UO frequency.

Was it Tpain cause thats me bruh.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Surfing Turtle posted:

No it wasn't, but I'll be looking for you next time I log on (to kill you afk and leave a book on your corpse saying ket did it).

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

No it wasn't, but I'll be looking for you next time I log on (to kill you afk and leave a book on your corpse saying ket did it).

you couldnt kill me even if I was afk bruh

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Surfing Turtle posted:

Bruh you did that to me last night fool, didn't offer to buy me no drank or ask me what I thought about your money in da bank.

I was adding this goon to the guild and you were all "WHO ARE YOU EXPLAIN YOURSELF"

lol

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

life is killing me posted:

Bruh you did that to me last night fool, didn't offer to buy me no drank or ask me what I thought about your money in da bank.

I was adding this goon to the guild and you were all "WHO ARE YOU EXPLAIN YOURSELF"

lol

Well we dont need anymore insurgents in our ranks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Surfing Turtle posted:

Well we dont need anymore insurgents in our ranks!

No it's cool, I was just like WTF I don't know anyone. I was around last year for a bit and quit playing after awhile because of personal real life poo poo, and I was like who is this calling me out? I'm OG on UOF son!

• Locked thread