Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
Btw I kicked like 200 people for inactivity so if your alt is unguided that's why. We have 125 active characters in the guild for anyone wondering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
KetTarma sucks so we have an insurgency going on in our ranks.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Quiet, prole

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I think the only way to handle this situation is to treat everyone like a spy.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

That's why I follow everyone stealthed 24 7

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

KetTarma posted:

That's why I follow everyone stealthed 24 7

That's why I've created dozens of accounts with masked ips so that I can always have a ghost idling at every goons' house(s).

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
I wish. That means you actually played. FROWN :(

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

KetTarma posted:

Quiet, prole

Just own your mistake you gently caress up!

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

When I was playing on OSI back in 1998 or whenever, I was running around my guild's base as a ghost looking for a res. I saw my guildmaster and another person were in their house so I ran inside to ask for a res. Right as I was about to go visible, I see what they're saying to each other.

Cybersex, complete with sitting on top of each other in a throne. I sat there for a while, unsure of what to do. I decided the best course of action was to screenshot/post it. Teenage me was an rear end in a top hat.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

KetTarma posted:

When I was playing on OSI back in 1998 or whenever, I was running around my guild's base as a ghost looking for a res. I saw my guildmaster and another person were in their house so I ran inside to ask for a res. Right as I was about to go visible, I see what they're saying to each other.

Cybersex, complete with sitting on top of each other in a throne. I sat there for a while, unsure of what to do. I decided the best course of action was to screenshot/post it. Teenage me was an rear end in a top hat.

You did the right thing. The honorable thing. The Goony thing.

Go forth, and be Goony, my son.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

KetTarma posted:

my guildmaster and another person

Cybersex, complete with sitting on top of each other in a throne.
He was totally abusing his position of authority, he got what he deserved.

poo poo, I hope no ghosts saw me. Well, I guess that's not true - I just hope I never find out about it.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

hooray we killed things all night long and didnt have a total wipe
there were ancient lich hand somethings and PKs and bards and dargons and some type of naked neon white bone armor man

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Holy poo poo I've been playing for over a month and I didn't know people on SA were still playing. Is there a guild and can I get in on it. My wife plays as well but she's horrible at trying to stay alive when getting attacked.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

OptimusMatrix posted:

Is there a guild

We prefer autonomous anarcho-syndicalist collective

Hang around in IRC, someone will be around that can invite usually.
Or just hang around Goonglow. Someone will eventually stop by.
I'll be playing later once I'm done classifying UDP packets which is a let of fun boy let me tell you

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Weird I cant connect to the IRC server. Keep getting a cancel message.

Scratch that Im in.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

if I can get an invite to the guild its Optimus Matrix and my other char is Mapsterbater.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Something weird just happened. I was running through a dungeon when my nerd just froze; I couldn't cast or move. It wasn't lag because everything around me was moving fine and I slowly died to a cyclops. The second after I died I could move around fine. Anyone else have this happen before?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Allah chose you for death.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Something weird just happened. I was running through a dungeon when my nerd just froze; I couldn't cast or move. It wasn't lag because everything around me was moving fine and I slowly died to a cyclops. The second after I died I could move around fine. Anyone else have this happen before?

You might have gotten caught in a bad tile. You should have used the stuck option in help, that's really the only way. Sometimes tiles glitch for some reason and you can fall into them and not be able to move.

That happened to me on some dude's plot on ice island, I was at the corner of his plot and suddenly I heard myself go OMPH and fall into it.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

life is killing me posted:

You might have gotten caught in a bad tile. You should have used the stuck option in help, that's really the only way. Sometimes tiles glitch for some reason and you can fall into them and not be able to move.

That happened to me on some dude's plot on ice island, I was at the corner of his plot and suddenly I heard myself go OMPH and fall into it.

Were you not able to cast there either?

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Tell me I can disarm thief on this server.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Were you not able to cast there either?

I don't really remember, but it was on my bard and not sure why I would have used the stuck option if I could have cast. Either that or I was out of recall scrolls for my rune book.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Deuce posted:

Tell me I can disarm thief on this server.

Yes.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

life is killing me posted:

I don't really remember, but it was on my bard and not sure why I would have used the stuck option if I could have cast. Either that or I was out of recall scrolls for my rune book.

That is really odd. I'm gonna blame it on black tea. We didn't have bad tiles before you became counselor buddy!!!

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Welp. Guess I'm playing this game again

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

That is really odd. I'm gonna blame it on black tea. We didn't have bad tiles before you became counselor buddy!!!

I didn't...become a...counselor...

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Well a bunch of us just did the Destard champ and all I can say is gently caress that poo poo. Never ever again.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

Well a bunch of us just did the Destard champ and all I can say is gently caress that poo poo. Never ever again.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

I dont know how people do champs. You need a ton of people to do it then you need like, a separate PvP squad to kill the PKs that inevitably come.
We started the Baracoon champ spawn last night for giggles and there were PKs there within 2 minutes.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

KetTarma posted:

I dont know how people do champs. You need a ton of people to do it then you need like, a separate PvP squad to kill the PKs that inevitably come.
We started the Baracoon champ spawn last night for giggles and there were PKs there within 2 minutes.

No pks really showed up. Just a few others who kept killing Royk because he accidentally went grey so this one guy res killed him to be a dick.To be clear this was the kind of guy who goes around saying "OWNED 1vs1" to everyone.

Then there was a guy who was mass dispelling all our EVs. I attacked him finally and was immediately set upon by the squeaky-clean blue squad out there. Other than that, no real problems.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
Who wants a chest of ore?

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

yo I do

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
I am never on when jabro is, but his chests from the raffle are in the top floor of the library in the north black chest.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eodHXLUl80k

Gluttony this is the current big guild on UOF.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

|Ziggy| posted:

I am never on when jabro is, but his chests from the raffle are in the top floor of the library in the north black chest.

poo poo, sorry. I'll come to the library tomorrow and pick it up. Thanks for holding the raffle.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Sound posted:

Hahahah

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
So I've discovered an inaccuracy in the runebook library (including Mapster's set) - according to Stratics, 53->57 is the S island near Skara, but in the runebooks those runes are actually 58-64, what I think to be amoeba island - some of those at least. As far as I can tell it's flip-flopped a little but up until that point, accurate.

I'm going to make it more accurate despite the :effort: and if you'd like I can fix your books a little too.

Edit: Okay I was just being dumb- it's not that wildly inaccurate. The islands look kind of similar and there were chests sitting on a bunch of the spots so it was hard to check.

Edit2: I did fix 57 which is one screen west of the actual treasure, I put some extra "57 really" runes in the goonglow strongbox, and locked one down on my stairs, it's the villa to the north, above the big tower, if anyone needs to make a copy.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 3, 2014

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Tom Powers posted:

So I've discovered an inaccuracy in the runebook library (including Mapster's set) - according to Stratics, 53->57 is the S island near Skara, but in the runebooks those runes are actually 58-64, what I think to be amoeba island - some of those at least. As far as I can tell it's flip-flopped a little but up until that point, accurate.

I'm going to make it more accurate despite the :effort: and if you'd like I can fix your books a little too.

Edit: Okay I was just being dumb- it's not that wildly inaccurate. The islands look kind of similar and there were chests sitting on a bunch of the spots so it was hard to check.

Edit2: I did fix 57 which is one screen west of the actual treasure, I put some extra "57 really" runes in the goonglow strongbox, and locked one down on my stairs, it's the villa to the north, above the big tower, if anyone needs to make a copy.

I appreciate the effort. It's worth it having your own library though that's for sure.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Sound posted:

saddest calling ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

FormerFatty posted:

saddest calling ever

These guys are at all the idocs, virtually uncontested because they mass recruit. Also they are terrrrrible. Basically the perfect group for EQMS to come beat on for laughs.

• Locked thread