Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hate
Feb 26, 2005
Looking for an invite to the goon guild, character name is Mr. Odd. I played a couple of years ago on UOF and would like to get back into it. I'll keep an eye out around brit and goon-town for someone who can invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Hate posted:

Looking for an invite to the goon guild, character name is Mr. Odd. I played a couple of years ago on UOF and would like to get back into it. I'll keep an eye out around brit and goon-town for someone who can invite.

Just hit me up on Skype: GluttonySDS

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
I think the OP's house fell down. Don't worry though I managed to save this

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.

Fajita Fiesta posted:

I think the OP's house fell down. Don't worry though I managed to save this

Nah, that was Goblin's house. He was the one that had a permanent polymorph bug that made him a bear.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
Nice. I'm working on buying the plot so I can build a shrine around this bear.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Saw that there's a new update and this was said in the patch notes:

No mounts​.

Is this for real? No more mounts on UO:F? If that's the case I'm loving in.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

Ninogan posted:

Saw that there's a new update and this was said in the patch notes:

No mounts​.

Is this for real? No more mounts on UO:F? If that's the case I'm loving in.

There is a big island that is no mounts.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

unbeatable posted:

There is a big island that is no mounts.

Aw, drat it. But, I feel that full loot itch too bad. I'm gonna get into it. Would love to play with Goons. I see sallos is allowed, would you guys recommend it? Smooth movement appeals to me but I've never tried it and dunno if it's worth it?

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 14, 2015

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Ninogan posted:

Aw, drat it. But, I feel that full loot itch too bad. I'm gonna get into it. Would love to play with Goons. I see sallos is allowed, would you guys recommend it? Smooth movement appeals to me but I've never tried it and dunno if it's worth it?

I just set up sallos and it's loving great for pvp. Steam or razor is better for crafting and farming IMO.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
Some things are invisible on Sallos as it isn't maintained anymore and hasn't got updated files. Only really affects PvE though.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
I'd use Steam/Razor to macro your chars, and as mentioned depending on the type of characters you play they may also be the ones for you.

Sallos is really only a PvP client. But it is one hell of a PvP client.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

I'd use Steam/Razor to macro your chars, and as mentioned depending on the type of characters you play they may also be the ones for you.

I haven't played for more than an hour a week in probably two months. I set up sallos and I'm ready to get sucked back into pvp. What a loving difference this client makes.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Sounds like I'll use both Razor and Sallos then. I'm very used to both Razor and UOSteam but my main interest is PvP and any help I can get in PvP since I'm trash at UO would be awesome. Saw some vids of Sallos and the smoothness looks amazingly helpful.

Once I have less work I'll get to installing all of it and would love to hook up with goons and maybe someone could teach me how to not be awful :coffeepal:

Also, is the guild still called eqms? I am actually in that one still on my character.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Sup ninogan.... yea, its still EQMS but you may or may not be in the right one. Hit me up on skype: gluttonysds -- and Ill get you added to the current one.

Also -- it may be time for an new thread/OP updates...

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

Sup ninogan.... yea, its still EQMS but you may or may not be in the right one. Hit me up on skype: gluttonysds -- and Ill get you added to the current one.

Also -- it may be time for an new thread/OP updates...

Added you (my skype: ninogan88). drat, it's been a long time Gluttony.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Gluttony have you seriously been playing only UO for like, 5 or more years, what the hell

That's dedication I guess

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015
Anyone remember newbie island? Well I was a New Player Helper, on pacific. I would troll the newbies into fighting stuff they had no possible way of killing, and then watch them die, good times.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Gluttony have you seriously been playing only UO for like, 5 or more years, what the hell

That's dedication I guess

Ive played 2 MMOs.. UO and Darkfall.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

Ive played 2 MMOs.. UO and Darkfall.

don't play mmos (except uo)

I've tried a bunch it never works out

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Carol Pizzamom posted:

don't play mmos (except uo)

I've tried a bunch it never works out

Ive played UO for 18 years now... I keep hoping I find another game that will provide the same kind of fun/excitement/pubbie tears that UO does but it doesnt look promising.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

These days I just play CS: Go and the rare single player game (Like the Witcher), but UO when I was in the thick of it was the best multiplayer experience I've had still in terms of fun shenanigans

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Carol Pizzamom posted:

These days I just play CS: Go and the rare single player game (Like the Witcher), but UO when I was in the thick of it was the best multiplayer experience I've had still in terms of fun shenanigans

Plenty of shenanigans to be had.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
Logging into UOF for the first time and heading to west brit bank and seeing it full of banksitters spamming. A single teardrop fell from my eye and I knew I was home.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one
New Feature Added - http://uoforever.com/motm.php

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

I guess I know where we will be PKing :)

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!

FormerFatty posted:

I guess I know where we will be PKing :)

And stealing!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

EllEssDee posted:

And stealing!

Steal 1 item from a man OR kill a man and take all his items.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!

FormerFatty posted:

Steal 1 item from a man OR kill a man and take all his items.

I agree but people run too easily, stealthing up and stealing their gay rainbow statue while successfully getting away ... its a lot of tears!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

FormerFatty posted:

Ive played UO for 18 years now... I keep hoping I find another game that will provide the same kind of fun/excitement/pubbie tears that UO does but it doesnt look promising.

OMG. It's been 18 YEARS? Ugh. Can't believe this game has been on my computer(s) that long. So much time and money.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Ok, I'm guilded up and name is Ninogan and I'll be doing a stun mage. I'm trying to get back into it all since there's no other interesting mmo to play on the market but it just feels like I'm fighting the UI more than anything else.

Setting up all the razor macros and poo poo again is a god drat hassle D:

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Today I got to share in the thrill of discovery.

Someone returned from a dungeon run. As he was identifying the items at WBB, I was stealing the good ones.

He never noticed it was me.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one
FYI, there are now +0.1 skill scrolls, don't get scammed!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ninogan posted:

Ok, I'm guilded up and name is Ninogan and I'll be doing a stun mage. I'm trying to get back into it all since there's no other interesting mmo to play on the market but it just feels like I'm fighting the UI more than anything else.

Setting up all the razor macros and poo poo again is a god drat hassle D:

Ugh -- why arent you using Sallos?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

Ugh -- why arent you using Sallos?

I guess I want both, right? Or is sallos fine to macro and PvE on too? I figured I'd set that up once my char was PvP ready since i heard it's quite bad for PvE & macroing.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ninogan posted:

I guess I want both, right? Or is sallos fine to macro and PvE on too? I figured I'd set that up once my char was PvP ready since i heard it's quite bad for PvE & macroing.

Ugh -- you dont have your chars done :)

Yes, macro with razor and once you are done macroing chars up, PVP on Sallos.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

Ugh -- you dont have your chars done :)

Yes, macro with razor and once you are done macroing chars up, PVP on Sallos.

That's what I figured :P

I don't know how many times I've had to remake all my macros for so many different chars. If I wasn't so dumb I could have actually saved it all but nooope.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
How come GS isn't in the EQMS alliance anymore?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Fajita Fiesta posted:

How come GS isn't in the EQMS alliance anymore?

Posting to confirm that GS is no longer in any alliances.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one
Yeah, not sure what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Fajita Fiesta posted:

Logging into UOF for the first time and heading to west brit bank and seeing it full of banksitters spamming. A single teardrop fell from my eye and I knew I was home.

u've almost succeed to get me install this lovely game again. almost. o yeah I really miss BANK BUY GUARDS / VAS CORP POR / etc.

• Locked thread