Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
We were paid 5mil to join a PVE alliance to protect them... I think maybe its time for GS just to join EQMS -- I honestly had no idea you guys still played, how many of you are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
I play casually, mostly on my thief and tamer. I rarely see anyone else on in Gs. I'm not sure who has the account that has the GM character on it anymore either..or the library and vendor houses, for that matter.

Eptiliom
Jan 15, 2005
I think just a couple of us. GS probably got kicked from the alliance when it had to be rebuilt.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

GS gets a lot more active in the winter it seems. I haven't done poo poo for months now :/

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I log in to keep my beautiful tribal vine house :)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
I added CatOne to EQMS... if anyone else needs added from GS, let me know via skype: GluttonySDS

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one
Pretty funny UO video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OJ9SPBfCA

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is there a way to use Kingdom Reborn client or something similar to the look? I wanted to do something 3D but Iris2 is dead.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is there a way to use Kingdom Reborn client or something similar to the look? I wanted to do something 3D but Iris2 is dead.

The best graphics you're gonna get are if you use the Sallos client.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
Why would you ever want to use a 3D client for UO. 3rd dawn was a horrible abortion that should never have happened.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol UO 3D client

And who the hell plays UO and gives a hoot about graphics

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol UO 3D client

I really like the 2d graphics :colbert:

The sprites are great and they represent a rare form of fantasy aesthetic with old fashioned houses and essentially it looks like english/european countryside everywhere

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Castle IDOC 100% secure by EQMS... never too late to start drinking the pubbie tears on UO.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol UO 3D client

I just miss the newer client from the 2007 expansion is all. New art style gave the game's interiors more depth.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Is Seek a goon? Somebody is anxiously trying to get a hold of him, and I forget.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Is Seek a goon? Somebody is anxiously trying to get a hold of him, and I forget.

Never heard of him.... is bilgewater a goon/reading this thread?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
As lovely as 8x8 was for macroing, it really breathed life into the game by way of adding pirates.

I miss loving chucking purp pots and killing people with heavy crossbows. Hell, I miss UO in general.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
The "leet" factioners who sit in the duel pits for 15hours a day tried to form a zerg to take down the newbs in purple that are EQMS. We fought them last night for 3 hours straight -- here are the results:

http://imgur.com/a/VwcaB

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Also theres a russian guy Orcus who we kill several times a night, after his 3rd death in 15minutes farming demons he raged in irc:

[02:49:16] <Orcus> well im going to bed seems like emqs has nolife what losers
[02:49:20] Orcus has quit (Quit: lightIRC.com Flash IRC Client).

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Would anyone be opposed to recreating the thread as very little in the OP is still valid(except for my pic)?

Also sticking the new thread in the main games section -- UO on a freeshard isnt your typical MMO, your character is done grinding in 1 day and then its just PVP.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
The original thread I had made was in the regular games (I think) there was a big outcry because Games is a public forum, whereas MMO is private and you have to be registered to view.

I honestly don't care either way.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

The original thread I had made was in the regular games (I think) there was a big outcry because Games is a public forum, whereas MMO is private and you have to be registered to view.

I honestly don't care either way.

I give no fucks about exposing our poo poo to the public, if anything it might get some pubbies to join SA -- it's not like we're going to post IDOCs in this thread.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

FormerFatty posted:

Would anyone be opposed to recreating the thread as very little in the OP is still valid(except for my pic)?

Also sticking the new thread in the main games section -- UO on a freeshard isnt your typical MMO, your character is done grinding in 1 day and then its just PVP.

You probably should, I'm about to hop back into UO and I almost went to the first page to read the OP... now I'll just keep reading the thread backwards until it seems no longer relevant :D

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You probably should, I'm about to hop back into UO and I almost went to the first page to read the OP... now I'll just keep reading the thread backwards until it seems no longer relevant :D

Yea -- all of the stuff in the OP is outdated as gently caress and irrelevant to what goons are doing on UO now(which is creating mass amounts of pubbie tears).

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
There's a new server that seems a bit interesting. I'll just post their shard info

quote:

UO Revealed is a classic Renaissance Era shard with Total Enhanced Client support. The virtue system is completed (including Humility and Spirituality) with 8 Virtue Champions based on the Companions of the Avatar from the original series.

Archeage-inspired tradepacks are another staple. These are crafted tradepacks that need to be run from one town to another with no recalls or moongates. The rewards for delivering tradepacks change to reflect demand/supply.

700 skill cap. 225 Stat Cap. Felucca Only.

Thing that interests me is that Enhanced Client support. Launches next week.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

There's a new server that seems a bit interesting. I'll just post their shard info

Well, that was enough to sell me on coming back!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Well, that was enough to sell me on coming back!

Here's a more in depth post

quote:

What it is:
Renaissance Era
Enhanced Client Support (And Classic)
Classic Factions
700 Skill Cap / 225 Stat Cap
High Seas Galleons (Boats only)
No Trammel (Felucca Only)
Custom / Classic Housing
Quick Skill Gain
Mounts & Ethys (With Fatigue)
What it isn't
No pay to Win
No Content Downloads
No Custom Maps
No Neons
No Samurai Empire content
No Over-Development
Why it's Different
Archeage Inspired Trade Packs
Polished Virtue System (all 8 Virtues)
True Enhanced Client Support (Seriously.)
Owners without Ego's

Seems promising.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

If you think the game has bugs now.....

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
That new shard wont be worth playing...

p.s.

We created an essay contest on UOF forums:

http://uoforum.com/threads/contest-what-does-eqms-mean-to-you-over-1mil-in-prizes.63779/

p.p.s

How do I get this thread locked?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Seems promising.

I would disagree with that statement.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

How do I get this thread locked?

I think you need to create a new thread first.

That being said, I think will struggle if we do put it in actual games section. Lots more postings happening in there, and this thread may get buried pretty quickly.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

I think you need to create a new thread first.

That being said, I think will struggle if we do put it in actual games section. Lots more postings happening in there, and this thread may get buried pretty quickly.

Dont matter... theres always new poo poo to post about, IDOC victories, pubbie tears from forums etc.

I will work on new post in games tonight.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
New thread with relevant info is now up:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733735&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post448316824

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Considering how fast the thread is going off the front page of games, it really did belong to be in here. There's not as much interest in Ultima Online as you would hope I think.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

FormerFatty posted:

That new shard wont be worth playing...

With a community, it might be good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How many next best private servers have come and gone at this point? I mean honestly. Besides this one of course

Not sure if hybrid counts as it was still around while UO was becoming poo poo because people didn't have to play? (Not 100% but it old)

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Finally got the game working and made a character. In game name is Macnult.

Also, should I be using UOAM or UO Cartographer if I'm running Sallos?

Edit: the answer is neither.

Macnult fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 2, 2015

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
This is why we still play UO

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

How many next best private servers have come and gone at this point? I mean honestly. Besides this one of course

Not sure if hybrid counts as it was still around while UO was becoming poo poo because people didn't have to play? (Not 100% but it old)

The only one worth playing is UOForever -- any other one will have at most 100 people which means never seeing another person to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So I was playing on that UO Revealed server with the new client and wow, I never want to go back. Seems just as capable as legacy clients but has some nice quality of life improvements that make the game much more accessible, even to 1990s vets. Legacy is just a bitch to run on higher-end hardware given the 1080p limitation. Not to mention the art style is vastly improved, so from now on, Enhanced Client is a must for whatever shards I visit.

Why do people hate Enhanced Client? Is it just nostalgia?

• Locked thread