Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

wait ive made 25000 posts

at an average of nearly 15 a day, how do you have so many words to write

i hosed up this post too many times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

at an average of nearly 15 a day, how do you have so many words to write

i hosed up this post too many times
see the trick is that i never actually post anything interesting or exciting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imagine how much higher my post count could be if not for my twenty probations

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

wait who the gently caress puts anything in their profile besides their codes for goon guilds

ahahah joining goon guilds

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

see the trick is that i never actually post anything interesting or exciting

I just do that once a week or something, it's much simpler

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have been personally moved by the story in a video game. +1 this post if you know that feel.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
If you like the advertising for DA3 I will gently caress you up irl

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i care about stories in games that are about stories, i care about platforming in games that are about platforming, etc

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the only two games I know of that have even a remotely decent story are planescape torment and telltale's TWD

please don't bother trying to make a deep story devs

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
No, but you see, back in MIYAMOTO'S DAY you didn't NEED any gol-durn story! There was just a princess and some big monster and by gosh you needed to kill it! None-a this "interesting backstory" stuff you see in today's video games!

As a reminder, Miyamoto literally told them to ignore the story in Super Mario Galaxy 2 because he wanted it to be like old Mario games. That still bothers me.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

O__O posted:

No, but you see, back in MIYAMOTO'S DAY you didn't NEED any gol-durn story! There was just a princess and some big monster and by gosh you needed to kill it! None-a this "interesting backstory" stuff you see in today's video games!

As a reminder, Miyamoto literally told them to ignore the story in Super Mario Galaxy 2 because he wanted it to be like old Mario games. That still bothers me.

Link?>

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

O__O posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

the wii u thread in games

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

elf help book posted:

the wii u thread in games

Lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

quakster posted:

this is really weird when films like this exist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_Tales

I still don't know what the hell this movie was about. But I like the Rock and enjoyed JT walking around drinking Budweiser.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Blind Sally posted:

I still don't know what the hell this movie was about. But I like the Rock and enjoyed JT walking around drinking Budweiser.

Set in the then near future of an alternate history, the film is a portrait of Los Angeles, and a satiric commentary on the military–industrial complex and the infotainment industry. The film features an ensemble cast including Dwayne Johnson, Seann William Scott, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Mandy Moore, and Justin Timberlake. Original music for the film was provided by Moby.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
what about people who care about stories in scum games????

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
The Last of Us is a gaming masterpiece. I give it a 10 because I'm a fuckin idiot.

but actually it's really boring

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

item descriptionsssssssssssssss.......

:darksouls:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

item descriptionsssssssssssssss.......

:darksouls:

LULZ!

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKGdtrMK8 48 seconds

Nowadays, not only do we know that aliens are falling from the sky

We know the names of their moms :eyepop:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
horry poo poo, piss

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Stories in games are actually extremely good except when they are bad, which happens sometimes

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
list of good story games
- marathon
- thief 1-2
- morrowind
- deus ex 1
- ultima 7 i guess

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

planescape
spec ops

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

O__O posted:

horry poo poo, piss

Soral
May 30, 2009

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

videogames are good

stories are something a videogame would have

ergo stories are good

suck it down OP

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

blainestereo posted:

videogames are good

uhhh

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Stories in games are some good stuff.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Just read through this thread since it got bumped for some reason, wanted to say that MizPiz is a huge retard.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The phoenix wright games are good in my opinion. Persona 4 is good too. I guess I must love anime.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

MizPiz posted:

Sounds like people are just pissed that not every video game is a means to live out various power fantasies and be aggrandized for it.

not really but everyone who cares about the story in a game is using them to live out their fantasy of being smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I see the story as a little carrot dangling in front of the gameplay, which is the donkey, cart and road. The donkey is also graphics.

Time works the same way.

• Locked thread