Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
ine up and kiss my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Locus Cosecant posted:

some game stories are cool but the modern focus on story over gameplay is a scourge. thanks

you don't have to kiss my rear end.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Scyther posted:

i like it when games tell stories through gameplay and exploration rather than cutscenes and exposition.

good.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
update: still true

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Mr Tastee posted:

But I like New Vegas. :(

rare exception. The Bioshocks, Gone Home, Spec Ops: The Line, etc aren't exceptions.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
I've played some more games in the mean time and this is still true.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
you can like MGS stories as long as you don't take it too seriously

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
how can people stand to post with this lovely style sheet

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
twine games are not games.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

MizPiz posted:

Sounds like people are just pissed that not every video game is a means to live out various power fantasies and be aggrandized for it.

sounds like you're an idiot who missed the point

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

MizPiz posted:

I guess no one here can handle the idea that they might actually be wrong about something. I'll just let you guys wallow in your own filth and wrong opinions.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

You want to legitimize "games as art" so that people take your dumb loving career choice seriously.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Endorph posted:

do you think he actually works for rock paper shotgun

because if so you're the stupidest person in this thread

according to his profile he wants to be a (games) journalist. I checked. Cheers.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
If you like the advertising for DA3 I will gently caress you up irl

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
No, but you see, back in MIYAMOTO'S DAY you didn't NEED any gol-durn story! There was just a princess and some big monster and by gosh you needed to kill it! None-a this "interesting backstory" stuff you see in today's video games!

As a reminder, Miyamoto literally told them to ignore the story in Super Mario Galaxy 2 because he wanted it to be like old Mario games. That still bothers me.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Blind Sally posted:

I still don't know what the hell this movie was about. But I like the Rock and enjoyed JT walking around drinking Budweiser.

Set in the then near future of an alternate history, the film is a portrait of Los Angeles, and a satiric commentary on the military–industrial complex and the infotainment industry. The film features an ensemble cast including Dwayne Johnson, Seann William Scott, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Mandy Moore, and Justin Timberlake. Original music for the film was provided by Moby.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
horry poo poo, piss

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster