Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Al! posted:

It seems a little weird to me that nobody has mentioned that Thumbs Network Three Moves Ahead cohost Tom Chick is battling cancer and has a crowdfunding campaign here so there you go.

Uh, how do we know this fundraiser is actually associated with Tom Chick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

You realize you do exactly the same thing as they do - picking the games not on their own merit, but on political agendas of their creators? :ironicat:

Well, one agenda is equality, and the other agenda is sexual harassment, thanks for showing me their moral equivalence.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Here's a rhetorical question: why isn't anyone talking about the other, more friendly interviews Molyneux did, with the Guardian and others?

Maybe the answer is that PM has distilled avoiding talking about why he wants to avoid talking about into an art form. We already know that a more respectful, professional interview would bring nothing except PM's attempt to restore the status quo. In which case the hostility is a reasonable tactic, it breaks PM out of his comfort zone. And the controversy itself helps create awareness and stops PM from brushing this all under the carpet.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

You could add the Game Design Round Table also, they cover a mix of videogames and board games.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

On the topic of SimCity being an American expansion into terra nullis, I thought that an interesting philosophically European angle would be to have a Half Life 2 City 17 situation, where an alien architecture is expanding into an existing architecture, literally ripping up the streets and replacing them with something else.

• Locked thread