Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

quote:

DotA Today
Hosts: Sean Vanaman, Brad Muir

Poor Nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, I completely missed the last AGDQ. Is there a list of the must-watch stuff? The one before it set me for a couple months with how many great runs there were.

There's a Blindfolded Punch Out run that was pretty cool

edit: VVV Ah I feel stupid now for just skimming for game names

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 14, 2014

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

What's with Jick playing 15% of a game and then having hilariously uninformed opinions on it, while Kevin awkwardly tries to have a reasonable conversation about it? It happened this week with Diablo 3, and again last week with Don't Starve.

Is this just some weird meta-commentary on Jick Is Bad at Video Games that I don't get as a new listener?

I haven't listened to VGHD in a while, but as a long time KoL and VGHD listener, yes Jick is bad at video games is a running thing. Not as a running gag or anything it's just something he is.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Randallteal posted:

Incidentally, when is Chris going to do another song? It's been like... five years.

In the original thread Idle Thumbs had a two sentence description and one of them was like "Chris also sings." :v:

Have you seen the twitch streams? The Kerbal one is especially nice.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ja2ke posted:

The sad realization that your Idle Thumbs in-joke will, to most people who get it as anything at all, play as a reference to the Halo 4 launch campaign.

So what you're saying is he should have stuck to bird noises

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

gently caress the Danielle RI accent haters :colbert:

Chris Remo ‏@chrisremo 21m
@fullbright @Danielleri @idlethumbs http://vimeo.com/102391697

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

weird bleep posted:

Some of them show their delightful faces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJjFoe6_gx4

Edit: Oh, how could I forget these cool guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHvvtUcp8I

I clicked out of morbid curiosity. I regret it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Sober posted:

I'm actually curious what the air is like at PAX Prime what with all the hubbabaloo going on recently.

I am quietly worried that something will get overblown to horrible proportions precisely because of how poorly the dickwolves situation was handled. Anyway, the Firewatch trailer looks rad. Hope a link to the panel shows up soon. I couldn't find it on the twitch profile.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Al! posted:

That was kind of a joke because Gone Home takes place in our world except the soda brands are different.

I forget what the actual reference is, but Steve Gaynor on Tone Control confirmed that Gone Home can technically be put in the same universe as Bioshock and System Shock I think?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

A work of art

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh, Jake/Chris, tell Sean he's had my number(my username at gmail dot com) for almost a year if he actually wants any of that stuff. :v:

Or I can just ambush him at PAX East if you guys go to the next one I guess

You should just ambush them with flying donkeys regardless if they ask for it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Finally caught up to this week's Thumbs Pod. Goddamn Nick's Sims story had me laughing like an idiot at the gym.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I think the problem is that they just don't play enough games, and what games they do play, only 1 or 2 people have played so it's hard to get meaningful discussion with the entire group. In that regard it's great that Danielle is on the cast, but she usually has no one to bounce stuff off. Nick Breckon works well because he'll lose his poo poo at the slightest things. I dunno I guess I've just gotten used to them since I've been listening to them for so long. They're still good at enticing me to pick up games I otherwise would not have. Sean's story made me buy Payday 2 during this Halloween sale.

TetsuoTW posted:

Sometimes a man got to move on, you know? Like how I stopped listening to the Bombcast pretty much entirely. Things change and sometimes you just gotta realize it's time.

Definitely true. Sometimes breaks are helpful too. I've picked up and stopped listening to the VGHD precursor KoL podcast so many times.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 3, 2014

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Pasco posted:

You can tell this episode is going places when it quickly gets into a discussion about how The Matrix is poo poo and The Matrix Reloaded is good.

Oh my god this might be what gets me back in VGHD and then quit again.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Video Games Hot Dog needs to have Rachel Bess on every week, she was awesome.

Is this the most recent episode? drat you time to get back into VGHD.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Their RSS feed breaking was part of the reason I stopped listening to them in the first place. Good to know it's still broken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Maybe it's a feedly thing? This is what I get when either trying to search for it or by adding the xml from the website:

• Locked thread