Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Stan Taylor posted:

Finally decided to listen to WOFF the other day. Scrolling though the backlog and settled on the Yoshi's Island episode and its very much my jam. Don't know why I was sleeping on them for so long.

Yoshi's Island is good I like the Blade Runner episode as well as both Shadowrun games and Indigo Prohpecy is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Phone posted:

I don't have it installed, but I can only dream of "injecting skeletons into everything" and "occasionally talked about skeleton issues related to gaming". :allears:

This is a good post.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Brad.gif

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Why isn't everyone talking about this thing? IT LOOKS SO COOL!
It's not on steam. No really I myself am waiting for it to be on steam to buy because I don't want to have to buy it again. No one buys anything on PC that isn't on a service like Steam, Origin, and so on.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

Well for years the mainstream narrative was that FF13 was a war crimes grade abomination, so taking a step back and recognizing it's actually just a mediocre JRPG is a good move IMO

It's a little worse than mediocre but its not an abomination like say the Ar Tonelico games. Or as unplayable as say Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth.

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 3, 2015

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Timett posted:

The Fabula Nova Crystalis observation was right on point though as far as I'm concerned. I think you guys are focusing a bit too much on just FF13. That poo poo show extended way beyond that.

Actually almost all of that transmedia/ multi-game universe stuff got pulled. As Versus 13 and Agito 13 got made into 15 and Type 0 and are in their own universes. The only connecting games are now 13-2 and 13-3, and the "interview"/ fanfic thing about Lightning.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Timett posted:

None of the games came out but the impact of them planning their whole console generation around it was felt pretty hard I think.

I expect something similar from this big slate of Zack Snyder DC Universe films planned out over the next 10 years or whatever.

Agreed and man that DC stuff is going to crash and burn so hard it will actually kill Superman.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Akuma posted:

loving Bad Rats is a bad game. Aliens Colonial Marines is a bad game. These games are not fun.

I don't know man A:CM was actually pretty fun playing through it on easy getting hammered and making fun of it for how lovely it was I actually had fun with it. I mean it's by NO means good but hey.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

snuggleshrub posted:

That really is a terrible interview. I don't see how he's done anything to merit that level of contempt from a video game journalist.

While I don't really have an direct contempt for Molyneux the man has essentially spent the last 20 years lying his rear end off about anything and everything about his games. Most of it can be explained away by saying he's just excitedly telling people what he wants the game to be, yet you get to project Milo and hes just bold faced lying about everything related to that project.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

thefncrow posted:

See also, his insane "it's not on rails" argument about that Fable Kinect game that was very obviously on rails, and how he was desperately trying to get journalists to sign something saying "I understand this is not on rails".

gently caress I forgot about that. There was a story about how when he was showing that game off he started and ended every session at E3 in front of a whiteboard writing out and underlining "It's not on rails".

It was on rails the only difference was you selected where you were going.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDvHlwNvXaM
As much as I hate the sentiment of saying something like this, this video is such a mic drop moment goddamnit Peter. Like find me a 15-20 chunk in there that doesn't contain a bold faced lie. (not including the intro)

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

VDay posted:

Sounds like some people here have never stumbled onto http://selfiesatfunerals.tumblr.com/

Or the Selfie olympics https://twitter.com/SelfyGames

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh man I remember tiny toon adventures on NES being real good. Big sprites, characters with unique move sets and weird bonus stuff like I think a star wars reference level or something on the world map? Gonna have to give this a listen tonight.

There were multiple TTA games on NES and 2 out of 3 were not bad just avoid the cartoon studio one because gently caress there's literally nothing there. On the SNES Buster Busts Loose is actually pretty good too it had a neat wall running/climbing mechanic and had some pretty great movie reference stages the sports challenge game on the other hand is warmed over garbage.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It's me. I'm the guy that played Tiny Toons Cartoon Workshop and thought I was making masterpieces :cry:.

I love that you couldn't even save them just play them and then make another.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Woffle posted:

Not familiar with Hybrid Heaven but everything you guys are saying makes me want to check it out.

That game is one of the most insane things to ever exist holy crap. The fighting system is bananas the texture work is N64 levels of good (everything is one color). Oh and for some reason it has widescreen support. You can also level up your head for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

I always remember Carmageddon 64 had widescreen support too - except it wasn't proper widescreen and you had to pause at the start of every single race to manually turn it on.

Omg I remember that what the hell were they thinking?

• Locked thread