Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Ramagamma posted:

I'd like to recommend one of my favourite British podcasts. Cane and Rinse. Very similar format to 'Watch out for Fireballs' in that they pick a game, play it, then discuss it and read out fan-mail on the 'cast.

http://caneandrinse.com/

Seconded, I listened to 2 episodes last week (Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac) and it's pretty good! I like the dynamic the guys have, the personal experiences with the games are good to listen to. Also, as an eurogoon it's nice to listen to a non-US podcast sometimes because of different perspectives on things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Song For The Deaf posted:

The Watch Out for Fireballs! Hardware special is up and ready for you to listen to. I really like this one, and I hope you do too.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/71

We had a bit of a schedule shakeup, so here's the new lineup: Up next is Shadow of the Colossus, then Killer7, and THEN Alpha Protocol with a special guest interview with Chris Avellone.

yay, another Chris episode coming up! Really cool that you got him on your podcast again.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

My duckfeed.tv ranking list: Bonfire Side Chat, Watch Out for Fireballs, The Level, Check it out Comrade!. I don't really listen to the rest enough to give an opinion.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

coyo7e posted:

Yes, weekly, I rarely miss their podcast but am not sure why I still listen anymore. Since I don't care about their Brand Name, I really didn't notice that they'd shelved the comics/etc stuff or w/e you're referring to, I thought Whiskey Media was an attempt at making a brand out of nerd podcasts and videos and never gave a poo poo about the stuff oriented around non-game content. Losing Ryan really hurt them a great deal both personally and content-wise, and I fail to see what your point is except :spergin:

Well you might care because Giant Bomb was bought by CBSi, so they share a building with Gamespot now and have absolutely nothing to do with Tested and Screened etc. Whiskey Media was dissolved. It's something different compared to just dropping the name or something.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

We're so worried about #GamerGate that we forgot about #LucaGate. Something must be done about #LucaBlight, and Watch Out for Fireballs! isn't afraid to tackle that issue in our Suikoden II episode.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/81

Matters have conspired to make us reveal a large number of our upcoming episodes, so I will present them in list form. Coming up next:

* Contra / Little Nemo
* Half-Life
* God Hand
* Resident Evil (Gamecube Remake)

... and after that, we're doing an adventure game that will be determined by a poll. You can find information about that poll on our Patreon page. The options are "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream", "Riven: The Sequel to Myst", "Sanitarium", and "Grim Fandango".

That's a lot of game names I just typed.
I would loving love to hear you talk about Grim Fandango or IHNMAIMS.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

gamersgaterbio.jpeg

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

I like how that short lists of words immediately conveys the 'manchild with access to lethal military hardware' descriptor for that person. How can someone who works for the world's largest military force define himself by his following of a children's cartoon about magical ponies?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Also he's an (ex-)radio host so he's a true professional (i.e. has been speaking into mics for a living for a long time) so that also helps!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

I could not stop laughing at Vinny's poopfountain story while at the same time feeling sorry for the guy.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

The huge bummer is that Bethesda apparently has no plans to make Fallout 3 run on modern operating systems. The Xbox 360 version is okay, but I imagine there are some useful mods we'd miss out on.

This guide helps: http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

There are only two bad Metroid games. :colbert:

prime 3+hunters are bad, prime 2 is meh, fusion is a good game but a bad metroid game, metroid 2 is whack but has nifty ideas, the rest are cool.

Gaming Podcasts 2014: Ranking all nintendo games forever

• Locked thread