Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I was really disappointed that Nick wasn't actually playing mahjong over his ipad with Japanese salarymen. Shame I really couldn't care less about hearthstone.

zapjackson posted:

Making an effort to be nice isn't overthinking, it's just thinking.

This thread will undoubtedly show that some people just aren't super into the idea of another "3-4 dudes don't prepare, then talk about what video games they've been playing" podcast. The Besties guys are trying different things, which is what you have to do if you want to advance the form.

I think it's admirable, especially given the amount of poo poo that gets heaped on them for having the gall to produce some free entertainment for us.

Wow he didn't hugbox a podcast he didn't like what a loving dick. It doesn't matter that he had a cogent point that had some effort and thought put into it, but good thing you were here to defend some internet nerds honor. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

On the recent idlethumbs it was pretty funny how as soon as they got done talking about overused turns of phrase Danielle unironically described something as "problematic" :laffo:

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

MrMortisland posted:

Yeah that is pretty funny how she used the correct word for the concept she was conveying.

unironically defending tumblr memes, its the gift that keeps on giving!

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

ja2ke posted:

I bet if I'd been on the cast instead of Danielle and called South Park problematic and discussed it with Sean, nobody would say anything. Maybe one person would post the equivalent of a groan or eyeroll to twitter but that'd be it. We talk about social issues in game content a lot but people only come out of the woodwork and complain in public when they hear it from a woman, and the message is almost universally "shut up, I don't want to hear this from you." It's both tired and tiring.

lol yes. People who behave like shits just because a woman is expressing a not-positive opinion will be treated poorly in turn.

I believe that's what they call an ad hominem.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

ah right ad hominems and memes (critical thinking) truly the most refined art critics who don't deserve to be made fun of here on something awful where the internet is never mocked

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Syrg Sapphire posted:

No but seriously I'm gonna lock the thread for the weekend if all that's gonna come of this is "parade of trolling".

\/\/\/ I kinda figured you were good, I meant dudes coming in here to be inflammatory and flee.

Please put a trigger warning in the thread title, thank you. Can't have anyone's feelings hurt about off handed tumblr jokes.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I now have the idlethumbs gangtag.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I like that Chris (I assume, he was talking the most) pointed out how weirdly fascist it all is, which is funny; they sound and frame their rhetoric like fascists because they literally are fascists for whom the ideal they swear allegiance to and are willing to kill for is a 15 year old games industry that never existed instead of a 50-1000 year old nation-state that never existed

The sexism and homophobia based on "logic" and "nature" rather than spirituality, using violence and intimidation to bully their critics into submission while simultaneously claiming victimhood, belief in a conspiracy of minorities to undermine their otherwise perfect system, the desire to silence artists and dismiss them as degenerate or illegitimate if their work falls outside the range of what they consider acceptable to their idealized vision...

Lmao congrats on being just as petty and dumb as the horrible retards you're wringing your hands over.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Here's what it sounds like to someone on the sidelines of it all. Nerds are upset at other nerds over gay baby games drama, time to completely trash whatever point I had by calling any kind of rhetoric literally fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

al-azad posted:

If you aren't disgusted that your hobby is shared by someone who tells a stranger on the internet they're going to come to their home and shove objects up their oval office for voicing a minority opinion then you're not on the sidelines you're proving somebody's point.

Careful my friend pathos was invented by the nazis. Also only a sith deals in absolutes, sith are space nazis btw.

• Locked thread