Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

If you're looking for a chill podcast about games music RPGFan's Rhythm Encounter is pretty good. They tend to focus on music from JRPGs, but also throw some Western RPG tunes in there. It's basically the classic roundtable format where they pick a song, it gets played in its entirety then they discuss it. Depending on my mood I sometimes just skip the talking entirely and move from song to song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Something gives me the impression that Garnett is pretty disliked in this thread, but I really like his podcast with John Davidson. It's pretty standard format wise, but those two just have good chemistry and have interesting opinions on things, even I don't always agree with them.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lugaloco posted:

Even though there's been a focus on how a lot of these idiots harassing people like Anita and Zoe are in their teens, you just know there's a hell of a lot of men in their 20s and 30s that are doing it too. I mean, I can at least almost understand why some teen would do it; we all had lovely opinions at that age and hopefully either grew out of it or had someone explain to us at the time what we were doing was wrong. I know I would've regretted it now if I had twitter/facebook as a kid. Guys doing this poo poo in their 20s/30s though are what's really loving scary because they've had the time to see the broader picture and just went "Nope, I'm gonna send threats of violence/rape/death to people who have a different view on video games than me and that's totally an OK thing to do".

poo poo's hosed.

News at 12: The majority of people are awful and should probably be put in the Great House Videogames so Phil Fish can burn it down.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 28, 2014

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Veib posted:

I'm disappointed they didn't use Patrick Klepek's amazing high school picture he tweeted a few days ago.

It's okay. The high quality photo they used of Jim Sterling more than makes up for it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

VDay posted:

I think a pretty big giveaway that most of the #GamerGate people don't actually understand what they're complaining about is the fact that GiantBomb has barely been mentioned. Those guys are better friends with and have had more content with developers in it than probably any other site, yet people are bitching about sites like Kotaku and Polygon. If you want to complain about developer/journalist shenanigans at least pick the site that's openly proud of their close relationships with devs (because Jeff knows that if you're a reasonable adult you'll understand that it isn't actually a big deal).

In fairness to the crazies, Giantbomb doesn't strive towards impartial journalism the majority of the time. They're predominantly an entertainment site. And when they're been exceptionally close to a developer (Bastion being the example that leaps to mind) they've actively refused to review the game.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

doctorfrog posted:

I've heard him say "we" on the show a couple times, and this might be "golden ears" syndrome, but I can detect some cuts in there from listening to years of NPR. I think he's got some help, a script or extensive notes, and I'm fairly sure it's edited. It's a drat fine show, I'm finishing up Blueprint for Armageddon IV tomorrow. It's over four hours. Editing or not, it's a really, really good show, and I wish there was anything comparable in video games or any other dang category.

Ben's there ...if he exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I would say that iTunes is the worst of all possible podcast management programmes, except that all of the other ones I've tried have been worse. Does anyone have any good suggestions for podcast apps?

• Locked thread