Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Also worth noting since we're in the podcast thread and GFW was the best, Total Biscuit told on Shawn Elliott in an unsurprisingly gross and self-absorbed way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I like Alex. He's a little snarky and has a sort of nervous energy that might put some people off, but he's super smart, is funny on Twitter, and writes very well.

Dan seems like a nice guy, and to some extent he's doing a schtick. The problem is, I don't see the appeal of a "narrow-minded white guy in his 20s/30s who can only quantify things as cool or fun and whose entire frame of reference is video games and action movies" schtick when that's 90% of the industry.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

ja2ke posted:

Inspired by all the Dan talk in this thread, most of my contribution to this week's Idle Thumbs is talking about how much of an idiot I am, and what dumb situations I get myself into, when it comes to doing things normal people seem to understand. Hopefully it generates like 6 pages of hate and bafflement towards me.

It might take ten or eleven straight weeks of this to have the desired effect. I wish you well on this voyage.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

TetsuoTW posted:

That's basically what I mean by "more fun than it is good". I'm not talking about "lol this is loving terrible isn't it hilarious," I mean the game somehow managed to be fun despite being hosed.

Yeah, a game can be pleasant (or addictive) enough to interact with that you keep going, but it can still have lots of problems. Being able to make a distinction between all those elements is great and sort of important if you're interested in actual criticism. That's the opposite of shutting down discussion.

Fun isn't the end-all be-all, it's just one thing games should get right.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

The first time I played Pac-Man 2 was during a family trip to Jamaica. The arcade cabinet was tucked away near an ice machine in a stairwell, and I was convinced it was some sort of crazy local-made knockoff.

EDIT: Oh, wait! Apparently I was thinking of Pac-Land.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 10, 2015

• Locked thread