Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

What's with Jick playing 15% of a game and then having hilariously uninformed opinions on it, while Kevin awkwardly tries to have a reasonable conversation about it? It happened this week with Diablo 3, and again last week with Don't Starve.

Is this just some weird meta-commentary on Jick Is Bad at Video Games that I don't get as a new listener?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I just listened to an episode of Super Best Friendcast and it's so much fun.

I was had put off giving it a shot because I was a little intimidated by the 3 hour run time, but it flew by.

Some might not like how they yell over each other trying to get a punch line out, but that doesn't happen that often. It's not for everyone but now I'm hype about listening to their previous episodes.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Did the GAME_JAM thing go down after recording? Surprised that didn't get a mention on Idle Thumbs.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 3, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

weird bleep posted:

I thought it was funny that Chris described Eddie Murphy's comedy as being "raw" while not remembering that the special he watched was called Raw.

This got a chuckle out of me too. Also when I was trying to remember the other stand up special I made the same Delirious/Notorious mixup.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lugaloco posted:

Idle Thumbs please talk about Mad Men at the end of every podcast

No, don't.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

i was wondering why i couldnt remember any part of the episode, went back and realized it was all white noise i usually tune out: dota talk, spelunky talk, tv talk

How do you forget about the strawberries the size of a small dog's head?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

One of the thumbs was looking for a word meaning fat that starts with p. I would like to submit paunchy. That is all.

Portly, Pudgy, Plump.

There's many!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

So I just started playing Dark Souls 1. Is there a point where I can start listening to select episodes of Bonfireside Chat without spoiling anything or should I wait until I clear the game before even bothering.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Don't they record at the same location too?

Maybe it's cursed :ohdear:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ok I need to see this picture of Vanaman getting suplexed on a deck, who has it?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

The original Turok had an option for using the C-buttons as movement and the analog stick for aiming and it was the best way to control that game. I've kind of always had a soft spot for using the left stick to aim since then - I do way better in games like RE 4 than I do in regular twin-stick shooters because of this.

I think Goldeneye had this too, somewhere in the options.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

So I just started playing Dark Souls 1. Is there a point where I can start listening to select episodes of Bonfireside Chat without spoiling anything or should I wait until I clear the game before even bothering.

I beat Dark Souls a couple weeks ago, and finished Season 1 of Bonfireside Chat today and it was really good. Looking forward to listening to the Dark Souls 2 season after I play the game (probably during the next Steam Sale).

In the meantime, what duckfeed podcast should I listen to next? Also what does Gary's cat look like? It sounds cute.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Woffle posted:

You guys are sweet. Did anyone ever give the Pitch a shot?

As far as old Retronauts, Bob tweeted that he'd be happy to help anyone looking for the archives.

My cat is super cute. http://gamejournopets.tumblr.com/post/56275426648/my-name-is-gary-butterfield-co-host-and

Cat delivers, and I'll check out The Pitch.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm 1.5 episodes into the Pitch. Are they all about body parts?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Looking forward to the episode that is just New England Danielle, pig grunts and "baboo"s the whole way through.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Captain Novolin posted:

I go to the website and download each mp3 individually :saddowns:

I used to do this but had an RSS feed instead of going to the actual website.

Now I just used Podcast Addict on Android.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

al-azad posted:

Comics have suffered their own setbacks (mentioning The Bechdel Test will probably incite as much nerd rage as Tropes vs. Women) but it's easier to create/publish a comic book which leads to a more diverse audience of readers and creators. If you have a piece of paper and pencil you can create a comic which definitely caused a huge backlash up until a few years ago when webcomics and digital publishing exploded.

There was a lot of blow-up when lady Thor was announced. Though I'm not sure how many death threats Whoopi Goldberg received.

Captain Invictus posted:

He's a gbs 2.0 superstar I'm not sure why people are taking the bait

The anime avatars are coming from inside the house :ohdear:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Was there a Campo Santo panel at PAX and where is it viewable?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

Then what do you call Kickstarter eh smart guy? :smuggo:

Extortion :smaug:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Scorchy posted:

You guys have seen this totally objective site right: http://www.objectivegamereviews.com/gone-home-review/

I'm guessing it lost the 1 point for lack of ghosts.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Not a video game, but Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition has a similar thing going on about genders.

edited to be img's since i'm not phone posting now.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 10, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Wikipedia Brown posted:

What in the gently caress.

I'm glad nobody has a reason to cherry-pick through my tweets to make me look like an rear end in a top hat.

edit: hahaha, I'm actually in that post

Also in that post is @oliviataters, a bot that is programmed to tweet like a teen.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

That one episode of VG Hot Dog where the recording screwed up and Riff sounded like he was travelling diagonally through time and space was incredible.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Is the process to open a locked door in Wasteland 2 really as bad as Zack said, or did he just overlook a simple game mechanic (again)?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

al-azad posted:

And I don't know what that last comment is about, there are no good parts of Space Truckers.
For a while I thought you meant Galaxy Trucker, and I was wondering what had gone wrong in your life that you could dislike that game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS HULLABALOO

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ImPureAwesome posted:

I don't understand. Fire..watch?

It's a tie-in to the Twin Peaks podcast they're doing. Fire Watch With Me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm ten seconds into the new Thumbs and I lost it at "they won't".

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm much further than 10 seconds in, and boy do I come with a gift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V94NttCtWBQ

e: Although I found one downside to the HDness - Riddler's suit could do with a little adjusting... down there.

I also see where Schumacher got the idea for the nipples on the batsuit

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If not that, then this:

https://twitter.com/misterbrilliant/status/483224360418041856

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ulta posted:

Podcast hosts out there: please play Dragon Age Inquisition. The moment to moment combat is pretty mediocre, and the ui is meh, but the high level and story stuff is keeping my interest. I want to hear what others think about this.

Listen to Crate and Crowbar. They've talked about it in the past few episodes, in a lot of depth.

Even for people that don't care about Inquisition, it's a very good show about PC gaming.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Are we going to get the goty.cx awards this year?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Thousands of Gamergate dumbies fell for "It's about ethics in game jounalism"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Captain Novolin posted:

The reason his car was full of burger king wrappers is that secretly that's all Jake's eaten in his entire life :tinfoil:

At least he understands how a car loan works.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Video Games Hot Dog needs to have Rachel Bess on every week, she was awesome.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I stopped reading the article halfway through because the interviewer was being so lovely. He comes off much worse than Molyneux does.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I don't know what Vanaman's relationship with Molyneux it, but he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/566320165986373632

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

#notallselfies

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If the interview didn't hit the ground running with the equivalent of "When did you stop beating your wife?" people would focus more on the context of it.

What I want to know is: who are these people that have seen Molyneux's resume of the past 10 years (Black and White, multiple Fable's, Milo, etc) and still giving him loads of money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tae posted:

Um, because they were successful projects that made money?

I'm talking about the kickstarter backers, not people getting a cut of the revenues.

• Locked thread