Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Song For The Deaf posted:

The Alpha Protocol extrasode of Watch Out for Fireballs! is out, featuring a lengthy interview with Chris Avellone.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/74e

I fell off WOFF awhile back shuffling between phones but 4 hours about one of favorite games ever including time with Christ Avellone himself is a great way to jump back in.

It's heartening AP has become something of a cult classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Everyone forgets about TimeSplitters :eng99:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

weird bleep posted:

Yeah, I always used that option in multiplayer which gave me a pretty unfair advantage!

All's fair in love and Game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Vastakaiun posted:

I love what Dan brings to the podcast, his food issues and weird opinions make him seem like an exaggerated version of Jeff. :allears:

Terminator 3 was alright

Like they said it has some cool set pieces but man it's pretty poo poo. Not as bad as Salvation but up there.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ja2ke posted:

This thread has been running a little hot lately.

This is maybe a dumb question but what do you guys use to listen to podcasts? I almost exclusively listen on my iPhone and recently switched to Overcast because it's supposed to be the new hotness... and it is really clean, but makes me miss some of the robustness of Downcast. Does anyone still use stitcher or whatever that third party "rips your podcast from your feed to make it more convenient for us" service?

When I had an android I used Doggcatcher, which used RSS feeds but they did keep their own database of them I believe (but also had a deal to google for feeds too). But on iOS I just use the Apple stock one, since it Just Works.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Zeether posted:

What exactly is bad about Laporte? I know someone online was complaining about him a while back but I forgot why.

edit: https://twitter.com/LeoLaporteSucks :stare: Oh, uh, okay...

Of course he sucks, he likes the Xbox One. :sicknasty:

Twit used to be kinda fun to listen to but tech news in general hasn't been nearly as interesting as it used to be ever since it became about hyping whatever stupid phone is coming out that week. At least from time to time Dvorak will be on to grouse and put things in their place.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Still the best thing he's ever done.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ja2ke posted:

Hook didn't age well. At least as of the last time I saw it, which was in a theater sometime in the last decade.

I don't think so, at least for me it's one of those movies I can always go back to, like Roger Rabbit or Turtles 1. If that doesn't date me. Doesn't necessarily require nostalgia to appreciate I guess. My only issue with it is that it's so long, something like 2hr20m.

Chilled Milk fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 13, 2014

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Chris' scream at 'Silent HillS' was the best

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

weird bleep posted:

I just wanna make Mario jump on a goomba.

Too bad youtube lady and obama made videogames illegal.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

weird bleep posted:

Everyone needs to calm down and watch this. It will defuse the situation and this thread can be about podcasts again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Egx0p04tU

Master Knight DH to the rescue, once again

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Metal Gear Scanlon got me to buy a membership. It's been worth it.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Song For The Deaf posted:

This is a great week for hearing people be indifferent about a game they feel obligated to talk about.

It's especially frustrating when it's one of the very few AAA games you've bought into and are actually enjoying quite a bit. After that much hype and marketing it was easy to see the backlash coming but still.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ja2ke posted:

anyway RIP sean vanaman 2014

fuCongrats Sean

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Until I got the internet I had no idea people liked Yoshi's Island for things other than the art and music, because that's the only good part of that game. That awful floaty jump, the egg reticule, crying baby, and it's not the game's fault but putting Mario World 2 on it was just a slap on the face.

What separates Mario 2/Majora's Mask from Yoshi's Island/Zelda II was the weird mechanics and changes were Fun, instead of Bad.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I think Solar Jetman would have enjoyed more popularity if it wasn't so goddamn hard. When I think 'NES hard' my brain immediately jumps to that game, even over stuff like Fester's Quest and Ironsword. They also crammed a lot of controls on the NES pad, IIRC up and down controlled the shields, left an right rotated your ship, and you had to use select + A or B for specific stuff. Not much stuff to keep track of compared to a PC sim, but when you're hardwired from pretty much every other game that UP = UP it's an extra hurdle on top of everything else like managing scarce fuel/oxygen/whatever it was

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Captain Invictus posted:

There's not a whole lot to tell really

I bought 5 CAH Black Friday Bullshit boxes for future gag gifts, they are actual bull poo poo despite people thinking that was a not serious line in the description, but people are still paying 4-5 times what they originally cost for them anyways on ebay so I'm making 100 dollars off of 24 dollars investment. In bull poop.

I've met Max Temkin irl and absolutely believed it when it said it Literally poo poo

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Dan isn't stupid, he just keeps himself in a state of blissful ignorance. Two different things.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pinterest Mom posted:

If you manage to get this done, my absolute favourite thing would be just stringing together all the "Jake and Danielle talk about Nintendo!!" segments together :swoon:
If that's not something that's built in it wouldn't be difficult to do in a greasemonkey script, granted that's less useful for sharing.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

As much as some people give Alex poo poo for some reason at least he was willing to say that it makes no sense to put Destiny on a GOTY list after naming it one of the most disappointing games. It was probabaly the most salient point made over the entire 5 days of podcasts that was subsequently ignored by Jeff and Brad so Destiny #10 GOTY Giantbomb 2014!

A game can be disappointing and still be good. Destiny is still a good game. I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Funkmaster General posted:

I really want to play Puyo Puyo Tetris now.

Japan gets that while the rest of the world gets hot Ubisoft garbage :waycool:. At least it's importable.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

RetroHelix posted:

I... may have imported a copy 5 minutes into the Giant Bomb Quick Look.

I almost did. Then I put on the bombcast today and it just had to happen.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
My memory of Hybrid Heaven is that the magazine (it'd have to be Nintendo Power) preview I read kept billing it as 'The New Metal Gear', which was extremely cool to me having loved the original and at the time being totally oblivious to anything Playstation.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lone Goat posted:

Danielle's puns on this week's Idle Thumbs were incredible. Cara was also very very good. A+++++ episode.

Her anecdote from the British map guy talking about how SimCity is unmistakably an American game was really interesting. Never really considered that perspective for a thing like SimCity before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chris Remo posted:

That was Cara, but yeah it was good.

I knew that, and yet wrote that like I didn't. :11tea:

• Locked thread