Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, I completely missed the last AGDQ. Is there a list of the must-watch stuff? The one before it set me for a couple months with how many great runs there were.
There is! I would add to that list the entirety of the WTFJapan and AwfulGDQ blocks. If you want to download individual runs rather than tracking them down on YouTube or Twitch archives, they're all up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Patreon's been around for a bit over a year now but it's certainly been gaining a fair amount of traction lately.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

O&S were way, way bigger hurdles for me personally than Capra, who I got through (solo) in under half a dozen attempts spanning ~20 minutes. That's not to say Capra was easy, but I too feel the challenge was in the arena at least as much as Capra himself. I can easily see how people might bounce off of him if they managed to keep dying without making key observations, or because they unwittingly thought that whatever tactic that would have worked was in fact the wrong way to go because their first couple attempts with it were failures due to poor execution or simple happenstance.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lavender Philtrum posted:

I got Pocket Casts on Android because I was like "You know, I listen to enough podcasts I should just buy a popular podcast app so I have a good one."

I liked it at first but over time problems have arisen, I find that it seems to randomly delay playing/pausing, deciding which episodes to keep, tracking of where you are in an episode leaves something to be desired overall, and it seems to crash randomly when I do certain things on my phone.
I've been using Pocket Casts on android for ages and the only time I've ever had an issue was on an old phone that was having some pretty serious memory management issues in general that caused it to crash if I opened a big page in Chrome or something. That was an issue with the phone/whatever lovely ROM I was using at the time though, not Pocket Casts (which is great and totally worth the $5, in my opinion).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pasco posted:

Is it just me, or does the audio quality go to poo poo in Thumbs 188 at about 34:30 into the cast?

Everything is fine up to that point, then suddenly Patrick is clipping like crazy, Jake sounds like he's in another room, and Danielle gets all echo-y.
I noticed it at a couple points, but it seemed to get better after a minute or two.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I don't think one actually exists. Probably because it would be maybe 20 minutes long and boring as hell.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Al-Saqr posted:

every console under the sun has been emulated, what's so hard about the original XBOX?
My understanding is that there's been relatively little interest compared to other consoles, plus a bunch of important hardware is still poorly documented because nVidia.

Lork posted:

Future is actually backwards compatible on the 360 with minor issues
The minor issues for me included the game running running like absolute dog poo poo, which is kind of a bummer.

The soundtrack really is the best part of either game, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ja2ke posted:

Was I mad at selfie sticks? I said they made me feel old (which they do! I don't care about them one way or another but tourist spots look undeniably different than they did when I was younger because of their presence), and Remo gave a pretty succinct and accurate reason for their (and selfies) rise, in a way that was not about anger or shaming. Just because someone has a selfie stick discussion it doesn't mean they're immediately having the conversation you're apparently assuming they are.
They make me feel old too.

Also, I'm glad to see that you're not dead from that cough.

• Locked thread