Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Honestly I hope there are some more transformation bits with these animals later on, just so you didn't figure out how they work for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Glazius posted:

Honestly I hope there are some more transformation bits with these animals later on, just so you didn't figure out how they work for nothing.

Having now seen the entirety of another disney interactive backed game, I would not hold my breath for recurring gameplay mechanics.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh no, before I could upload all of these many videos I have, the forums went down. What a shame.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Silver Falcon posted:

Also, gently caress you! Those things terrified me as a child! :gonk:

Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I used to hide behind the couch when they came on the TV. All the Muppets are awesome except those guys and Disco Frog.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Speaking of Muppets, I have hopefully only two more sessions of ENG to do with Aces then we should be done with that game and I can move on to recording Muppet Treasure Island.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Emperor's New Groove

Level 5-1 Mountain

and thus, the second half of the game begins.

LawrenceFriday
Nov 2, 2009

I am an elemental spirit summoned up from the Land of the Dead itself and given one purpose, one skill, one desire: To DRIVE. Or, to change oil or adjust timing belts if no driving jobs are open.
Edit: Derf. I should read the thread before posting.

LawrenceFriday fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 27, 2014

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I still don't understand why that game is so long. :psyduck:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Let's keep on keeping on before my co-commentator murders me.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I am disappointed that you don't get to fly the bird around. :colbert:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Noooo, don't say that, then I might start thinking how much better this game could actually be.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
In level 13 you had a plant that could give you infinite health and you died...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Crosspeice, thank you for risking your sanity and friendship to give me something to do while idling in Clicker Heroes.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Major_JF posted:

In level 13 you had a plant that could give you infinite health and you died...

Don't worry, I do it again in the last level! :v:

I forget about the seeds that aren't exactly on my screen, I am that bad at remembering skills/abilities I have. This applies to most games I play.

And DDD is just waiting for the next game we LP next week, shame he had to suffer through this first.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Quoted from the Edutainment thread.

mateo360 posted:

Hey everyone,

I regret to inform you all that I am no longer LPing. I got a second Copyright Strike on my account today from Warner Brothers. While that was a factor in this decision it was not the only one.

Over this last year, it stopped being fun and was slowly turning into work for me. I started taking on bigger projects that were starting to cut into my personal time and keeping me from playing games I wanted to or doing something else. EX: the Humongous games were to the point where it was an hour for the main video then another 15-30 mins for the other paths. I would have to film that, then spend the same time watching it and commenting over it. then more time rendering it which made thing slow a bit on my computer.

Another factor is that I have a really hard schedule to work with. My days off of work fluctuate but would usually be in the middle of the week while everyone else is working. Thank you Aces, FinalGamer, perochialjoe, Jamie and Mr. DJB for being able to work around that.

I am not going to completely disapper though. I am still willing to guest on video if I am around and I will probably still be doing the sonic races. I will still be watching and reading LPs that go up as well.

Peace all.

I'm sorry we won't be getting to the end of Emperor's New Groove or see Muppet Treasure Island.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

mateo360 posted:

I'm sorry we won't be getting to the end of Emperor's New Groove or see Muppet Treasure Island.

I am sorry too. Sorry they laid that crap at your door. WTF?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's a shame, but always best to stop if you don't enjoy it and it doesn't fit into your schedule. Thanks for the entertaining videos, you can always come back when it suits you best, that's the benefit of an enjoyable hobby.

And gently caress copyright strikes!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

mateo360 posted:

I'm sorry to hear about that bullshit, but I am glad that your decision to stop LPing was more your choice rather than some big-rear end company forcing you. Factored by how much effort it's taking a toll on you, and I understand that a rather fluctuating work schedule can play hell with that, and that's clearly more important than just playing around with silly games.

I had a lot of fun with you man, don't be a stranger alright :) I'm also sorry by the way to the thread for not being able to get ahead on the Toy Story LP, I am still planning to do it but I have a weird problem concerning audio that is REALLY inhibiting me from getting to work on it.

-------------

I'm nervous to install a new audio driver which might be what it needs because the wrong driver might gently caress everything worse. So, out of curiosity, does anyone know why a Windows 7 PC with audio tech from VIA Technologies, would refuse to let Stereo Mix and microphone work together by forcing one or the other to record?
And also why only speakers OR headphones have to be the default playback device, as in even though I plug in the headphones when the speaker is turned on, the speaker will still play and the headphones do nothing?

I think I know how to work around it, it's just gonna be a massive pain moreso if I have to switch from my normal Headphones & Microphone as default, to Speakers & Stereo Mix as playback and recording defaults respectively as apparently that is the only way I will be able to record video and audio from a game now. The worst part is Stereo Mix hogs the Microphone as recording device so unless Stereo Mix is turned off the mic refuses to work, that's the one thing I hate.

-------------

The Bug's Life LP I'm enjoying though, and I hope that Aladdin one continues because that one was really great! Learnt a lot of new things about the game!

EDIT: Ahhh don't worry, long as this thread keeps being filled with people getting in on games, take your time! When I get my next vids done I'll update the OP too.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 9, 2014

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I've been slowly (like, way too slowly) chipping away at editing that one; about halfway done with the raw video before it's ready for commentary. (Used a few too many savestates in The Escape, see... doesn't help that I'm trying to juggle the responsibility of getting a NeoGAF |OT| for an upcoming game ready for Saturday, either.) Sorry ._.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I had this uploaded a couple days, but figured to not post it immediately after mateo said he was leaving.

I guess it'll make up for not having any MotN today since my internet crapped out mid recording.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
I think the word you were looking for is persnickety.
Persnickety:
1.) Placing too much emphasis on trivial or minor details; fussy.
1.1) Requiring a particularly precise or careful approach.

And congrats on finishing the game. Now get 100%!

I jest. I would not want to inflict 100%ing this game on anyone else.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I always said pernickety.

And I've already 100% the game on my first save file, your reward is lots and lots of movie clips! Except for three, which will be in the next video, there's still some bonus content! (You don't get anything but clips for 100%ing the game, no message, no medal, nothing)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
BTW while browsing PSN I found out you can buy a digital copy of Bug's Life

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...000000000000001

Emperor's New Groove, Hercules and several other Disney PS1 titles are one there too.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sorry to see you won't be finishing ENG, Mateo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Well, I think we can thank the PSN offer for that one, as it is no longer abandonware.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Glazius posted:

Sorry to see you won't be finishing ENG, Mateo.

finishing ENG is one thing, we're not gonna see Toy Story 2 or Muppet Treasure Island any time soon, that's the real crime :(

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Speaking of finishing it, I wonder if the Aladdin genesis LP gets finished ever.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Mateo and I will just continue to hassle Shadow on Skype :v:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Thank god that Bug's Life game was over. Thanks for playing that Crosspeice so we didn't have to, you two were good! Hope you guys do more stuff.

Samizdata posted:

Well, I think we can thank the PSN offer for that one, as it is no longer abandonware.
That...makes sense definitely, would explain why that poo poo's been happening to Mateo :(

And GUESS WHAT!?!?

It's FINALLY HAPPENING AGAIN! :derp:
Specially joined by my boyfriend who had the common decency to not become a goon :v: Special thanks to him for making me able to get these up and done with finally. :downs:

Also the OP is finally updated with all the relevant new LP vids, sorry again for such a long wait folks.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 13, 2014

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

FinalGamer posted:

Thank god that Bug's Life game was over. Thanks for playing that Crosspeice so we didn't have to, you two were good! Hope you guys do more stuff.

You think we're done? :getin:

Final video up tomorrow.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

the SNES soundtrack for Toy Story leaves something to be desired compared to the Genesis. Now there is something I never would've thought I would say

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
The most important thing about that Toy Story video is that it proves that Angela Anaconda is not some weird fever dream I had and was actually a real show that other people also remember, because I was honestly never quite sure. I mean, I remember it existing? But it was so... bad? And strange? And I've never found any proof that it actually existed beyond my own fractured memories? I never actually looked, obviously, but still. This has been bothering me literally for years.

So thank you, FinalGamer and FinalGamer's boyfriend, for proving I am not crazy!

Also the hitboxes on that game look like they're getting worse and worse with every level, as if whoever had to program them just gave up even pretending to try. Just like they gave up even pretending they were keeping to some kind of scale. The soda cans are bigger than the food and the tables look toy-sized, but that's okay! No one will play this far into this lovely game to ever notice!

EDIT: ...oh wow, I should have watched the whole video before posting, that first person section is... wow. Way more important than my faulty memories of bad cartoons, that's for sure.

GirlCalledBob fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 13, 2014

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
I think the Genesis version of Toy Story had two first-person levels, and the second one wasn't as linear. I also vaguely recall the Genesis version of those levels looked slightly better? I'm constantly surprised in this thread by how many games look/sound/load worse on the SNES for some reason.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Positronic Spleen posted:

I think the Genesis version of Toy Story had two first-person levels, and the second one wasn't as linear. I also vaguely recall the Genesis version of those levels looked slightly better? I'm constantly surprised in this thread by how many games look/sound/load worse on the SNES for some reason.
You'd THINK it'd be the other way round because that's what normally happens in my experience with port versions. Someone has to show me the Genesis version because I really wanna know this now.

Crosspeice posted:

You think we're done? :getin:

Final video up tomorrow.
oh goddammit

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 14, 2014

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Positronic Spleen posted:

Nope, it only had the one, in the same spot as the SNES version: "Really Inside the Claw Machine". That said, its "RItCM" is completely different, lacking the moving block and having two exits in which to put out aliens. I think it also runs smoother, not sure?

It does have an exclusive stage, though; "Day-Toy-Na", an OutRun-ish stage that comes immediately after "Roller Bob".

Kinda wish I had a Windows 95 PC or virtual box handy; I wanna see how the PC version handled "RItCM", but the game flat out does not work on XP or higher.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, here we are, this is all of Bug's Life there is to show really.

Also, FG, my level 3 image is missing from the OP, thanks for putting it all up there.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Alright, here we are, this is all of Bug's Life there is to show really.

Also, FG, my level 3 image is missing from the OP, thanks for putting it all up there.
Done and done, the OP is finally updated an-OH GOD THE ENDING OF THAT-AUUUUGH :gonk:

I won't spoil too much but when that happened to me, I was in a very VERY tight camera area that basically caused the entire thing to become zoomed in...so when I saw THAT THING I was getting the full view of every single part of it and...yeah it was kinda horrifying by pure glitchy nature.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

Nope, it only had the one, in the same spot as the SNES version: "Really Inside the Claw Machine". That said, its "RItCM" is completely different, lacking the moving block and having two exits in which to put out aliens. I think it also runs smoother, not sure?

The only thing that is really different between the two versions of that level is I am preeeetty sure that it is the LGMs saying "hello" when you pick them up in the Genesis version, either that or the recording is really loving bad because if it's supposed to be Woody? poo poo I think Genesis Woody should quit smoking

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I want to say the Gen version also had more aliens to collect as well to justify the second drop point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Huh, I guess it was only one level. Probably just the similarly named levels and the two drop points mixing me up. I found a random longplay off of youtube that shows it: http://youtu.be/1HmB4ZOEMd0?t=34m30s
I'm thinking the shorter SNES version might be due to technical reasons.

• Locked thread