Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

We can't afford it right now, but we certainly don't need to say so. I say we pledge our support, but do nothing. Tell the Frank dog there was a storm. After all, why should we help another build their own empire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Partito Afrika is still here and still unpredictable.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The Mercantilist Faction is back and ready to negotiate once again.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Partito Imperialista returns. Let us heed the call: we lose nothing, and it might give us an opportunity to blood our retinues.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Partito Ombreggiato is still around. I'll cede leadership to TravelLog when he gets back, but for now: agreeing to the war and not sending any of our depleted levies seems like a good way to maintain prestige. How do the sizes of the forces of Hughes and his opponent look?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Nth, you are ever my stalwart right hand, and I agree with your assessment. We have nothing to lose by agreeing and fielding no troops.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Nth Doctor posted:

Partito Ombreggiato is still around. I'll cede leadership to TravelLog when he gets back, but for now: agreeing to the war and not sending any of our depleted levies seems like a good way to maintain prestige. How do the sizes of the forces of Hughes and his opponent look?

As you can see, Lombardy has the potential to field a larger amount of troops than Bavaria, though it should be noted that King Hughes lost quite a few soldiers in our war with the Muslims, so the armies of Lombardy might be a tad depleted.

Also, given the events previously, I am announcing the creation of the Rules of Dueling, since it would seem that some in the senate hall find need to cross each other and resolve their conflict.

Rules of Dueling posted:

• 1. A challenge for a duel may be issued by one senator to another. The challenger must issue the stakes of the contest.
  • 2. The senator being challenged has the right to refuse, though he may be labeled as craven for doing so.
  • 3. Should the challenge be accepted, then the person being challenged may set the method of dueling.
  • 4. There shall be 4 methods of dueling: a duel by: The Quill The Brush, The Scroll, or By Contest
  • -The Quill. The two challengers will enter into a rap battle, with the person who was issued the challenge having the privilege of deciding to go first or second. The duel will last until each side has uttered five verses. Prior to the battle, each side may appoint someone as a second to provide assistance should they need it. The winner will be chosen by the Doge
  • -The Brush. The two challengers must create a drawing or a painting and present it to the senate. If this is chosen, then it will be the challenger who will determine what will be depicted. The winner will be chosen by the Doge.
  • -The Scroll- The two challengers must research and present a, at most 500 word summation of the subject. Should this be chosen, then the challenger will choose the subject matter. The winner will be chosen by the Doge.
  • -By Contest-If this is chosen, then the challengers will turn to the senate and ask for a kind of challenge, either not listen among the three, or from one of the three and will have to partake of this. The winner will be chosen by the Doge.
  • 5. Upon defeat, the looser must acquiesce to whatever terms were agreed to by the terms of the duel.
  • In matters of votes, an agreement made by a duel can last, at most for the reign of one Doge.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

OOC: Are the nonchristan parties allowed again? Last session only mentioned "For this session" but the doge who put those rules into practice is still alive and kicking, with no apparent change in beliefs.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

TheFlyingLlama posted:

OOC: Are the nonchristan parties allowed again? Last session only mentioned "For this session" but the doge who put those rules into practice is still alive and kicking, with no apparent change in beliefs.

Correct, sadly the non-christian parties are still banned

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The Nova Roma party is still here

The Flying Llama, I formally challenge you to a duel. You may choose any weapon except the brush. Whoever loses will be silenced from speaking for the foreseeable future and will have to talk through an intermediary.

I am wasting my breath. Why should I expect a muslim dog to rise to the challenge?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
unwantedplatypus, again I extend to you an offer to caucus with the Partito Imperialista to ensure we have strength enough to push through our collective agenda.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

unwantedplatypus, again I extend to you an offer to caucus with the Partito Imperialista to ensure we have strength enough to push through our collective agenda.

Of course! just contact me and I will be glad to talk

I don't have PMs but my steam ID is ThePlatypus

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

unwantedplatypus posted:

Of course! just contact me and I will be glad to talk

I don't have PMs but my steam ID is ThePlatypus

Regrettably, there are quite a few ThePlatypuses. Can you narrow it down?

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
:siren:REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!:siren:

Legislation will be up for 48 Hours. Again I acknowledge there might not be a lot of legislate on except the formal decision to aid Lombardy or not, but I adhere to the rules of the republic.

Senator unwantedplatypus, you are not allowed to preclude a weapon when you issue a duel. You may certainly ask kindly the person you've challenged to possibly not use one of the weapons, but that's it.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

unwantedplatypus posted:

The Nova Roma party is still here

The Flying Llama, I formally challenge you to a duel. You may choose any weapon except the brush. Whoever loses will be silenced from speaking for the foreseeable future and will have to talk through an intermediary.

I am wasting my breath. Why should I expect a muslim dog to rise to the challenge?

You expect me to accept a challenge while so Biased a Doge is in office? We are not allowed to even form parties, how could I expect him to treat it even somewhat fairly. I fear no rightful challenge from a christian fool, but even I cannot defeat such odds.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Regrettably, there are quite a few ThePlatypuses. Can you narrow it down?

The Platypus (exact caps and spacing). In EUgoons and goonstotalwar

TheFlyingLlama posted:

You expect me to accept a challenge while so Biased a Doge is in office? We are not allowed to even form parties, how could I expect him to treat it even somewhat fairly. I fear no rightful challenge from a christian fool, but even I cannot defeat such odds.

How pathetic, and typically islamist

As per Operation Down Under we have just ended a century and can propose new amendments. I put forward this amendment

All Non-Orthodox parties shall be banned, regardless of which doge is in office. The only way to allow Non-Orthodox parties back in is to repeal this amendment at the end of a century

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

unwantedplatypus posted:

All Non-Orthodox parties shall be banned, regardless of which doge is in office. The only way to allow Non-Orthodox parties back in is to repeal this amendment at the end of a century

Hah. So unsure of your faith that you must ban all others? Does that sound like the actions of one who knows that they are to reach eternal paradise? No! It is obviously the last ditch effort of an old, foolish man trying to take all down to Jahannam with him.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

unwantedplatypus posted:

As per Operation Down Under we have just ended a century and can propose new amendments. I put forward this amendment

Seconded. Nothing they have said at the gates makes them seem like pleasant or agreeable people with the best interests of the Republic at heart. We shall never submit ourselves to their beloved 'caliphate'.

(Edit: UP, found you on Steam. Look for a smirking yellow face with sunglasses.)

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 12, 2014

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I think it's clear that the recent "troubles" and the failure to dominate the Orthodoxy illustrate the weakness of your incomplete faith. Insh'allah you will realize that Islam is the light. A salaam aleikum.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
This is a regular peace of legislation agreed upon by a Partito Imperialista-Nova Roma Caucus

Operation: Gladius
-We shall replenish our forces until they are once more ready to go to war.
-We are to conduct an invasion of Sardinia once we've regained our strength
-If an opportunity to grab land/power in Sicily or Italy presents itself, the opportunity will be taken and the invasion of Sardinia shall be postponed.
-Do not take land from the pope if he is in a position to call a crusade on us. If he isn't, then he is fair game.
-The doge and his designated heir must have orthodox wives, either by conversion or remarriage.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I Endorse and Verify the joint Partito Imperialista-Nova Roma Caucus legislation.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Partito Afrika would like to propose the Qart Iberia Act. This proposal's is to obtain enclaves on the Iberian Peninsula in order to better prepare a invasion of Africa.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Nth, if you've got any suggestions, go for it. I've got nothing to propose this session.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Senators! It would appear that we have several pieces of legislation up for slating. Only one can succede so lets get down to voting.

Operation Gladius, which will see us prepare for an invasion of Sardinia.

The permanent ban on all non-Orthodox Christian political parties.

Senators and parties get to voting!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Partito Imperialista is fully behind Operation Gladius

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

The Mercantilist Faction backs Operation Gladius not out of a belief it should be enacted, but out of a belief the Orthodox-only ban should most definitely not be enacted.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

As a proud Imperialist, I vote for Operation Gladius.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

TheMcD posted:

The Mercantilist Faction backs Operation Gladius not out of a belief it should be enacted, but out of a belief the Orthodox-only ban should most definitely not be enacted.

This, only Partito Ombreggiato.

I also feel bound to note that technically none of the parties this session are full parties, as none have three or more members by my count. What this means for us, I leave in the hands of the Doge.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 14, 2014

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

TravelLog posted:

This, only Partito Ombreggiato.

I also feel bound to note that technically none of the parties this session are full parties, as none have three or more members by my count. What this means for us, I leave in the hands of the Doge.

Well to be fair the whole full parties thing is really only for the initial slating of votes and such, which depends on parties working together to get enough votes to actually get a measure to the floor. Once its on the floor, then its more simple majority voting.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Well to be fair the whole full parties thing is really only for the initial slating of votes and such, which depends on parties working together to get enough votes to actually get a measure to the floor. Once its on the floor, then its more simple majority voting.

Got it. I wasn't really sure how it applied or didn't.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

TravelLog posted:

Got it. I wasn't really sure how it applied or didn't.

No worries out voting system is a bit wonky and hard to understand at time. . .Just as intended and I might be bad at writing rules.

That said , I think its safe to go ahead and call this vote, Gladius it is. As happens I've already played a bit of this update and all I can say is :psyduck:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

TravelLog posted:

The Partito Imperialista-Nova Roma Caucus has the requisite three. As we're the ones who came up with the legislation, the system still functions.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Hey guys, still working on writing the update, I've been busy with travel the past few days, but things are calming down now, expect it soonish!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Update 6-Fall of Heaven

Papà! Papà!

Oomph! Ah Giuditta, you're late. Its hardly befitting a Patrician's daughter to be late for an appointment, even if its just a lesson with her father.

I'm sorry, I was playing with the Smith's son and lot track of the time. I gave him one of my wooden knights, I know it was supposed to be for me, but when I found out he had no toys to play with. . .

Haha *cough cough* Its no worries dear, we can easily buy a thousand toy horses, it does one well to remain godly and think of those less fortunate. But onto our lessons for today, we need to talk about intrigue.

As you remember, the Senate gave us a mandate to try and conquer Sardinia for Amalfi. However we have been having some difficulties with this. Given the distance and lack of borders with the island, we have been unable to simply send our councilors to fabricate claims to the island. Elsewhere, we've been unable to enact any marriages to try and claim the island that way. Why is that?

Because, the families on Sardinia have already married with other nobles?

Correct!

Unfortunately, it turns out Sardinia will be a tougher nut to crack, we're unable to send our councilor to fabricate a claim and we're unable to marry a claimant for the moment. So the whole invasion plan might be on hold for a bit.

But intrigue isn't just about fabricating claims dear. A few choice words here and there, and talks of bounties and rewards or even pardons can cause even the staunchest and godless of criminals to turn on themselves.

Papà!

Of course you have to remain guarded, because other powers might try and use their own guile to take your own land.

Papà!

In terms of internal politics though, intrigue is important. For example, when I discovered some minor infraction committed by the Musco it seemed like the perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of those accursed weasels. When I sent guards to bring Musco into custody though, he'd received a tip from a captain he bribed and fled.

From what I've heard, he's still in the former Papal Lands.

Um Papà!

Speaking of religious lands. I should of course mention the Patriarch. After ten years of planning one of my compatriots managed to slip some poison into his drink at one of the many debauched feasts hosted by our vile target.

Now some might claim that slaying the head of your church is a sin beyond repentance, but I can hear the voice of god speaking to me, his righteous fury washing over me, and I know deep down, the lord on above approved of my action. For I had purified his true church on this Earth! *Cough, cough, cough*

Not all intrigue has to be bad or ends in deaths though though, sometimes it's just a matter *cough* of surrounding you're self with the proper minds. Giuditta can you name our current list of advisers?

Papà!

What is it?

Um. . .I was hoping you could um. . .well tell me about the war?

Ah do you mean the war where the Romans took Sicily back from the southern heathens?

Apparently that's still talked about in the taverns of Constantinople, right behind the stories of our attempts to put an end to the vile Petros. My companions might not have been the most intelligent, but still at least the city knows of our piety and attempts *cough* to cleanse the church.

No. . .not that war Papà.

Ah so you mean the Lombardish war against Bavaria. Well as you know, we were allied with the king of Lombardy, but we declined to send knights and mercenaries to assist him. We were still recovering from our war with the south and needed to husband our strength. For several years the battles seemed to go against our friend.

As I recall, I spent those earlier years tending to our estate to improve its image, for as you know, for intrigue, presenting a visible facade is key to maintaining guile.

For example, during that time, the Count of Marsico was attempting to usurp control of the Republic. As the only feudal lord in our borders he was already under intense scrutiny, he didn't maintain a good facade dear. So it was a simple matter to arrest him.

But to simply ransom him or confiscate his lands would be to much. No, sometimes guile requires time to mature, or sometimes a person is more useful alive an in control. A simple visit ti his cell with a deal was all I needed. The count and his family all converted to the true faith and now work tirelessly to convert the rest of their subjects to the true church!

Papà!

Of course not all his subjects took well to this new conversion, though the fact that the bishop was surprised to be charged with heresy when he still clung to his false Church of Rome was quite hilarious. *Cough, cough*.

I remember too that the Bosnians finally managed to put an end to Ioannes, it took more than a decade, but still, that says something about their persistence.

Papà!

Ah of course the war! *Cough*. Wellm the Lombards finally managed to muster enough troops to put an end to the expedition sent in by the Bavarians.

Do you remember, we used to play that little game. I was the fierce Bavarian invader, and you would be the fair Lombard princes who slew me with a wooden sword?

But as you know the Lombards sued for peace after their battle outside Trent. They'd lost too many people and had not the will to continue *cough, cough* with the war.

No Papà! I meant the other war! Not that boring Lombard-Bavarian War!

Ah so you mean the war where I had to help your mother protect her lands? That was indeed quite the war war sweet thing.

Before we set out, I received a blessing from a humble abbot at one of the monasteries in the mountains near our home.

I brought a small train of books from the monastery as well. I studies various defensive tactics, from the last stand at Masada to the battles of Thermopylae. Had we been fighting the heathens to the south, I might have been more tempted to pick up fighting with more zeal, but we were just combating heretics, no zeal was needed, enough conventional thought would end them.

Papà. . .

It turns out that god blessed me with the right knowledge In the Apennines we made contact with the Duke's forces. We were outnumbered almost two to one, but using the narrow passes and some well placed boulders we turned him back.

With the duke's army shattered, we achieved peace simply enough.

In fact we were so successful that your mother was able to name herself a Duchess! *Cough, cough*. She may be a vile papist, but she at least knows how to show loyalty and appreciation for assistance. The fact that she rarely leaves her chapel helps too.

No Papà, I was talking about . . .actually, if you don't like the unbelievers, why did you defend brother from the ecclesiarch?

*Cough* You mean when he was charged with heresy? Because I know Meletios, he may question everything, and refuse to attend service. He may infuriate me to no end with his rejection of the lord. . .but *cough* he's still my son and I know him well. He's no heretic, merely an unbeliever. He's always cared about this family too.

Why once he even came to me and revealed his wife's plan to kill you're uncle Salvatore. People may say as they will about Meletios, but I'll be thrice dammed before I let the eccesiarch haul take him away! *cough* I pray for his soul every day though, I'll never give up on him, not until I take my dying breath.

So remember, all those late night lectures and taking you to as many sermons as I could that was for your own spiritual well being. I'd loathe to see you end up spiritually bankrupt like your brother.

Okay, but Papà can you tell me about the real war?

So you mean the war with Melfi? A trivial affair really, the Count of Marsico had a claim to the province, so launched an invasion while the count and some of his ilk were in the middle of a rebellion against the King of Lotharingia.

g]

Really nothing too note worthy happened in that war, we captured the count's castle and hauled his whole family away. We made him pay ransom for each before we offered terms. Though he was a cheap bastard and didn't care to ransom his own daughter!

Oh come on Papà! Not that war, I mean the really big one!

Ah, so you mean our recent conquest of Napoli? Well it also began simply enough as well, I never forgave the Duke for fabricating a claim on my lands, so I returned the favor.

As I recall, before I issued the orders for the invasion, you grandmother and I visited church. She offered a bit of flattery at my knowledge and opinion. I know she was just humoring me though, you know how mother are, or at least you will one day dear.

But onto the war. Our numbers had been depleted from our past engagements, so I hired a wandering band of Catalan warriors to attack Naples for us. Brave men those Catalans, they've been seasoned by their fights with the heathens in Iberia.

The Duke though, tried to call in assistance from Bosnia, though how they intended to help I don;t know, if we couldn;t even muster support to help them in their war, how would they help someone even further away?

Again though, like Melfi, the war was hardly note worthy. Naples's pitiful band of warriors were defeated in the field by the Catalans who proceeded to lay siege to Napoli for a year until it fell. Once that happened, it the child duke was amiable to terms.

I will say though, we made quite a few ducats from that war as well, a lot of Naple's shipping got redirected towards our ports for redistribution across Southern Italy.

Really what was more note worthy was your sister coming of age.

I searched high and low for a husband for her, and wouldn't you know it, the King of Bulgaria was one of the men who was interested in her hand. I was hardly one to say no to marrying into the nobility *cough, cough*, especially one that followed the proper church, so I readily agreed. So you sister is a queen now.

Well, with that I suppose we should move on now to. . .

No Papà. I meant THE war. You know the one with the Blinded King.

Ah, I see. Tell me child, what do you know of him?

Only what the nursemaids tell us. They say he stand as tall as three men and uses a greatsword as a knight would use a long sword. They say he looks for bad children to steal their eyes to try and replace the ones he lost. Then he uses them as slaves aboard his warships, building a damned army to take over the world! They also. . .

*Cough* Ah, I see. Fantastic tales to be sure, but wholly untrue. I suppose you're old enough to hear the true tale dear. Sit back down and I'll tell you.

There is a Blinded King, though his story is one more of sadness rather than woe or fright. Once he was simply Prince Holmger, second son of King Haraldr of Norway. A promising child really, one full of life and strength. A warrior of incredible renown, tales of his exploits traveled even down here. One day though he decided to seek his fortunes away from the cold north. He and hundreds of his kinsmen traveled south and made their way to the Romans in Constantinople, where they served in the prestigious Varangian Guard protecting the Emperor himself. They made quite a name for from what I've been told. But then something went wrong, as the politics of Constantinople often do. Holmger and his whole family were imprisoned. His only child, already sickly, died in the dark cells of the city. Meanwhile, Holmger was subject to horrific tortures and maiming. He lost his eyes and. . .er other pieces before being cast out of the city to die.

Only he didn't. Returning home, he used his fortune to assemble a vast host of disparate warriors and launched an ambitious invasion of Sardinia. It came so fast, and the island was so fractured that all but one small enclave fell. We didn't receive news of this until months after.

But Sardinia wasn't his final conquest. Turning his ambition to the mainland, while all the lords of the land were busy fighting each other, Holmger launched his assault. Thousands of northerners poured in from the sea, or marched a vast distance from the north, all to lay siege to the lands of the Bishop of Rome.

In Latium, the Roman host was annihilated in a vicious battle.

With it's armies gone, the lands of Rome were subject to pillage and conquest. While the Bishop of Rome mange to call in various lords to assist him *cough*, they were slow to respond, and by the time any significant host assembled, it was too late. Rome and its dependencies fell, and Holmger's conquests were assured.

The Bishop of Rome fled to Germany, where he took refuge in the province of Lippe, creating *cough* a new papal court far from his old seat.

Pope Sergius issued the Bull of Lippe, calling on all lords loyal of Christ to assemble into a new host to reclaim Rome from the pagans.

Two new orders of pious knights formed to answer this call. The Templar and Hosplitar orders stand poised to assist any Christian lord in defense of their land. So far though, no one has marched on Rome.

Have you ever met the Blinded King Papà?

No dear, *cough* though Bishop Isaakios did briefly, before he was imprisoned for proselytizing in the name of Christ. I had hoped to try an bring the king to our cause, after all it would benefit him to fall unto a banner of Christ to better consolidate his holdings and garner better, more reliable allies. Alas though, it wasn't meant to be.

Why Papà? Why doesn't anyone want to help the Bishop?

We, it's probably due to the war that *cough cough* is raging right now.

The realm of Bavaria has shattered once more into a fractal of smaller states, each either aligned with or opposed to a Carolingian lord. Most of Western and Central Europe have been drawn into this war, Amalfi included, though we follow the tradition of merely sending moral and occasional financial support to our friends in Lombardy.

The same with the wars in the East. Your sisters husband called us to assist in putting down a rebellion, but really *cough* in the end he didn't need any help. But appearance need to be made all the same, as I said earlier, intrigue is of the most importance.

Papà that cough. Are you well?

Oh yes dear, perfectly fine! Ah but look at the time, your lesson is already over and its time for bed.

Aw Papà!

Giuditta! You need your sleep dear, we'll resume this lesson in the morning.

Humph! Fine, good night Papà.

Good night dear.

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 23, 2014

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Dammit. Anyway, think you can end updates with a "state of Amalfi" picture to show our conquests at the end of each update? Always good to check the current border status.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

TravelLog posted:

Dammit. Anyway, think you can end updates with a "state of Amalfi" picture to show our conquests at the end of each update? Always good to check the current border status.

State of Amalfi

Black is our original borders, Green is expansion under Meletios I, Blue is expansion under Sebastinos and white is whats controlled by allies/ people married to our family.

The newest entry to the scene in Italy, the pagan Petty Kingdom of Sardinia-Rome.

In Iberia, Asturias has become Castille, and Navarre has taken back its lost province from Gascony.

Middle Europe is a quagmire as usual. We were technically in this war, but when Sabastinos died, so too went our obligation to Lombardy.

Scandinavia is divided between Sweden and Norway. Both Pagan though Catholicism is making inroads into Norway.

Perm continues to grow.

The current ruling family of Amalfi. Note that Rocco is likely not going to expand it any further since he took a vow of celibacy.

The Konstantios are on a tad bit of decline. With only three living male members including the current patrician, they might be in trouble is disease, accident war or stabbing thing their gene pool.

The Mauro are in a similar situation, except with only two living members.

Note too that these two families are the closest thing we've had to allies in the republic.

Meanwhile the Musco continue to breed like rabbits.

Current republic status and succession.

Our stats.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Many thanks, boss man. That'll make formulating plans for the future a lot easier.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

TravelLog posted:

Many thanks, boss man. That'll make formulating plans for the future a lot easier.

No worries, anything for the fans :)

Again, I'm just still in shock over the blind castrated viking lord going on a rampage over Italy and conquering the Papal States, that'd make an awesome story in any medium.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Again, I'm just still in shock over the blind castrated viking lord going on a rampage over Italy and conquering the Papal States, that'd make an awesome story in any medium.

If a crusade is called against him, will it target his Sardinian holdings as well as those in Latium or will it at least be two wars before he's crushed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

If a crusade is called against him, will it target his Sardinian holdings as well as those in Latium or will it at least be two wars before he's crushed?

Crusades target de jure kingdoms, so it would be called for Italy, which both encompasses Latium and Sardinia... I think. In HIP, the Papacy has its own de jure area, but I'm not sure if it doesn't just get counted as part of Italy for the sake of a crusade.

• Locked thread