Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I shall create the Nova Roma Party

our platform is

1. Enforce Greek Orthodoxy on every county/person possible

2. Bilk any heathens/foreigners for money and land

3. Amalfi must be a roman republic, destroy/convert the heretic patrician families.

4. Acquire as many Romes as possible

5. Restore the Pentarchy

6. Destroy the muslims/pagans/catholics in that order.

7. Restore "Mare Nostrum" through naval power and trade posts

8. Destroy the Byzantine Empire because...

9. Amalfi is the true successor to Rome

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I would like to suggest a stipulation on Operation: Down Under about what we will do with any Muslims we don't kick out of Sicily. I have no doubt the traitors in the Partito Islamico would use a Sicilian Muslim to tutor a Goonikos.

I suggest a coalition with the Partito Cattolico and any other interested parties to block any pro-muhammadan legislation.

Aside from that I offer the Nova Roma party's full support for this plan.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Hah. So the christians so fear Islam that they are willing to go to such extremes? I cannot allow my brothers of the faith to be converted at the sword, but I can give you a personal promise. So long as I am leader of the Partito Islamico, as following the earlier rules for education, I will not attempt to subvert these rules, expiration of the law or not. Is that good enough for you, or do christians no longer understand the honor of one's word?

I would rather tie those rules to a party and not a person. One muslim is much like another, and I would expect a change in leadership to subvert the law.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The Saurus has to weigh in before the COR gets a majority. If he does support this plan, then we will have all the votes we need.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

except that the session's over. It's been 24 hours.
"A motion may be proposed by any member of the legislature, and requires support from 25% of the legislature to be slated, or the support of 75% of the Party Leaders. A motion may be amended if 1/3rd of the legislature so wishes, so long as the amendment does not reverse or otherwise countermand the general thrust of the motion itself. Any given motion may be so amended no more than three (3) times per legislative session."

"After 24 hours, any motions which have gathered the requisite support shall be considered slated. After a further 24 hours of debate, discussion and voting, the winning motion shall be the one that receives the highest percentage of legislative support. Should there be a tie, both motions shall be implemented so long as they do not contradict one another, at the discretion of our August Doge, Jimmy4400nav."

We gathered the votes to have it slated, we have another 24 hours to pass it.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Where do you have the votes to have it slated? I see only TheMcD having supported Operation: Down Under, Corollary I. Sure, other have said that they'd vote for it, but never was it actually officially supported. I know that this may seem pedantic, but if we cannot follow the rules of our own legislature, what can we do?

Ignore the Islamist pedantically flailing about in an effort to block legislature?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I propose an amendment to Operation Down Under: Corollary I

- The main focus of this act will be the expansion into Sicily.
---- Muslims conquered in Sicily are to either be converted or replaced with loyal Orthodox courtiers.
---- We are to direct all plans for expansion southwards.
---- Expansion would be the focal point of our republic for this next legislative session.
- Another point would be the technological advancement of the republic.
---- We are to send our spymaster out to a technologically advanced nation to learn from them.
---- In particular, we are to improve our trading methods.
- Extraneous funds shall be used to further construct improvements in the Goonikos family palace.
---- This will secure a strong base if we ever lose the Dogeship.
- For the purposes of amendment and only amendment, this century lasts 10 years. All subsequent centuries will last 100 years.

This allows us to refine the legislative laws to prevent any future incidents. I doubt I am the only one who doesn't want another 90 years of Islamic shenanigans.

I wonder if TheFlyingLlama is of Sicilian descent.

Edit: OOC: Hang on, I'm going to filibuster this thread in real time

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 22, 2014

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

TravelLog posted:

"...and THAT, my fellow legislators, is why the secret to the best gnocchi is in the olive oil! Now, if you will turn to page 307 of my pamphlet, we can proceed to a discussion on the finer points of marinara sauces."

"Oh my, is that my dagger in your back. Dreadfully sorry, ooh and I'm afraid you might even have to stop filibustering in your present condition. Its okay, the legislature will just have to go on. I'm sure you understand."

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
On the one hand both Caligula and Nero are very Roman. On the other hand then we aren't killing muslims. I'm very conflicted here.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I smell a Muslim plot!

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I am not saying its suspicious. I am saying its convenient. Besides, a good Muslim is a bad amalfian.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The Nova Roma party is taking its seat. I am very glad this doge sees reason in disallowing infidels. Although I'm not excited about the papists' inclusion.

We should remain Amalfi, additionally Meletios should be the heir

As to the senate challenge I agree, a rap battle is in order.

As bribery and corruption is a fine roman tradition I offer myself to defend AJ_Impy's honor if he wishes to have a stand-in

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 3, 2014

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
When gold shall tarnish
When the shadows see the light
Forever, more Romes

Glory unending
Forever through history
A Serbian cries

The color is red
Borders ever expanding
A beautiful map

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

UnwantedPlatypus, whilst nothing can be done about it this session, I would like to offer you in future an opportunity to caucus with the Partito Imperialista, as our interests largely coincide, and together we would represent a legitimate political force to be reckoned with. Would you be amenable to this possibility?

That sounds like a good idea.

I am resubmitting Operation: Down Under

The main focus of this act will be the expansion into Sicily.
---- Muslims conquered in Sicily are to either be converted or replaced with loyal Orthodox courtiers.
---- We are to direct all plans for expansion southwards.
---- Expansion would be the focal point of our republic for this next legislative session.
- Another point would be the technological advancement of the republic.
---- We are to send our spymaster out to a technologically advanced nation to learn from them.
---- In particular, we are to improve our trading methods.
- Extraneous funds shall be used to further construct improvements in the Goonikos family palace.
---- This will secure a strong base if we ever lose the Dogeship.
- For the purposes of amendment and only amendment, this century lasts 10 years. All subsequent centuries will last 100 years

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Bah. It's obvious that without the guiding principles of the Partito Islamico, you christians simply aren't able to get legislation passed.

You dare show your face in these halls muslim dog? Your very presence defiles this place. Do you not realize that with a sensible doge in charge you're party will never see the light of day?

I would vote for the Judas offensive, however I cannot stand to see meletios get an effeminate education of dagger and coin. He should be a soldier, like any good Roman patrician of old.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

While I may not be officially able to vote on any measures, that does not mean my voice cannot be heard. My party may be banned now, but it will not be forever, and do not think that we will not remember the slights against us.

Does anybody in this senate wish to hear your voice? I think not. However, I tire as my words bounce off of your thick headed, Koran-raddled, skull. Perhaps a challenge is in order? He who loses must mute himself?

Please, let us settle this before you and your thugs return to the floor

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The Nova Roma party is still here

The Flying Llama, I formally challenge you to a duel. You may choose any weapon except the brush. Whoever loses will be silenced from speaking for the foreseeable future and will have to talk through an intermediary.

I am wasting my breath. Why should I expect a muslim dog to rise to the challenge?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

unwantedplatypus, again I extend to you an offer to caucus with the Partito Imperialista to ensure we have strength enough to push through our collective agenda.

Of course! just contact me and I will be glad to talk

I don't have PMs but my steam ID is ThePlatypus

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Regrettably, there are quite a few ThePlatypuses. Can you narrow it down?

The Platypus (exact caps and spacing). In EUgoons and goonstotalwar

TheFlyingLlama posted:

You expect me to accept a challenge while so Biased a Doge is in office? We are not allowed to even form parties, how could I expect him to treat it even somewhat fairly. I fear no rightful challenge from a christian fool, but even I cannot defeat such odds.

How pathetic, and typically islamist

As per Operation Down Under we have just ended a century and can propose new amendments. I put forward this amendment

All Non-Orthodox parties shall be banned, regardless of which doge is in office. The only way to allow Non-Orthodox parties back in is to repeal this amendment at the end of a century

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
This is a regular peace of legislation agreed upon by a Partito Imperialista-Nova Roma Caucus

Operation: Gladius
-We shall replenish our forces until they are once more ready to go to war.
-We are to conduct an invasion of Sardinia once we've regained our strength
-If an opportunity to grab land/power in Sicily or Italy presents itself, the opportunity will be taken and the invasion of Sardinia shall be postponed.
-Do not take land from the pope if he is in a position to call a crusade on us. If he isn't, then he is fair game.
-The doge and his designated heir must have orthodox wives, either by conversion or remarriage.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Once more the Nova Roma party forms. Ready to lead Amalfi into imperium.

For newcomers, here's a summary of the Nova Roma party.

We like
1. Togas
2. Latin Names
3. Greek Orthodoxy
4. Expansion
5. Military Supremacy
6. Acquiring all the Romes
7. Mare Nostrum

We dislike
1. In order from greatest to least, Muslims, Pagans, and Catholics
2. The Byzantine Empire (We are the true heirs of rome!)

Motto: Amalfi is the true successor of Rome

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 10, 2014

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
With such low membership do we still have COR?

If so, I propose a temporary joinder between the Nova Roma party and Partito Imperialista so we may gain majority party status.

This joinder would be called The Roma-Imperialista Party. What do you say AJ_Impy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Claim the title, stab the son.

• Locked thread