Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I would like to join the Imperialists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

As a proud Imperialist, I recommend we conquer Naples. It will give us more Orthodox Greeks to work with and give us a far finer capital than Amalfi. After that, we should begin to prepare for a Holy War to conquer Sicily.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Imperialists

I propose the Nova Amalfi Act.

This act requires the conquest of the entire Duchy of Naples, and moving our capital to Naples, which is an altogether more appropriate seat of a future empire. I would like to add that Naples is Greek and Orthodox, like the Goonikoi, and we probably want more loyal territory.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 21, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It might be better off as a purely Goonikos territory, too, but we can't let our capital stay an embarrassing backwater. It has to be worthy of empire!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

The Partito Imperialista, the Imperialist Faction, as ever stands loyal to you. Now, as with bold Alexander of old when presented with the Gordian Knot, let us make a decisive and unexpected move.

Maintain Both Titles, but switch their names so that we remain the Republic of Amalfi but retain De Jure Control over Salerno.

As to the heir, I am leery of Salvatore's cultural heritage as he considers himself more Langobardian than proper Sicilian Greek. Nonetheless, this is in case something untoward happens to you, and whilst your son is promising, he is underage for consideration as an electoral candidate. Thus, for the time being, Salvatore should remain your heir. When Meletios comes of age, I ask that you pose the question once more, that we may compare these candidates as men.

Great! I'm voting for this.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Alas! Though the duel was well fought, but I cannot help but feel distraught at its outcome. Do not worry, Signore Impy, the Partito Imperialista is in capable and devoted hands.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

We can't afford it right now, but we certainly don't need to say so. I say we pledge our support, but do nothing. Tell the Frank dog there was a storm. After all, why should we help another build their own empire?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

As a proud Imperialist, I vote for Operation Gladius.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Partito Imperialista reforms to serve.

I and return to serve the Partito Imperialista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

I'm in favour of claiming the title, it gives us better options. Likewise, war with our son to put him in line for the inheritance once more. He can have the title when he's older. Thoughts, gentlemen?

I support this course of action. Our son will understand, eventually.

• Locked thread