Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The only biography I've read was of Arnold Schwarzenegger, he pretty much thought "I want to be successful at X" and worked hard to make it happen multiple times.

I don't read many non-fiction but the ones that stick to mind are:
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer which tells his personal experience during the 1996 Mount Everest disaster, the deadliest day on Everest until 2014. I quite enjoyed this and tried to read a similar book about a disaster on K2 but I didn't finish it. Though the latter had some pretty horrific example of what lack of oxygen does to you, as the writer witnessed some guy slide down the mountainside without even trying to slow down right off a cliff and into his death, without a making a noise.

Escape from Camp 14, written based on interviews with a North Korean man who is "the only known prisoner to have successfully escaped from a "total-control zone" grade internment camp in North Korea." It was very interesting and exiting to read about what life was like in the camp and how things pretty much every human takes for granted were new for him after he escaped. I think he said it was hard for him to feel "emotion" after escaping, since at the camp things like seeing your family members executed didn't do anything for him since that was an every day occurrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread