Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Harrow posted:

Perfectly good place to start. I played Demon's after Dark and ended up liking it more. It maybe is a little less forgiving with checkpoints than the Dark Souls games but it also has the best atmosphere and some great levels.
Nice, thanks :)
I'll give that a spin this weekend then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Harrow posted:

That whole "hardest game ever" thing is a massive exaggeration.

I agree. The game punishes you when you gently caress up bad or try to rush/power through a problem but everything has obvious tells and patterns. It also makes boss kills really satisfying and you get a real sense of accomplishment later in the game knowing that it's not your gear or levels owning familiar monsters easily, but your new skill and knowledge.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Harrow posted:

Super good poo poo. Demon's Souls is better but you can only play it on PS3. Dark Souls is still real good so even if you do have a PS3 you could start with either.

That whole "hardest game ever" thing is a massive exaggeration. Game's not nearly the ball-crushingly difficult thing lots of internet folks like to say it is. Just gotta learn the rules it plays by and you'll get through no problem.

the big mangy rat guy with little rat pals optional boss was really hard imo but Im not great at the game

• Locked thread