Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Zorak posted:

Spring 2014 or later G-Reconquista
There is no way this is happening this season, QUIT LYING TO ME MOONPHASE YOU LITTLE poo poo.
:neckbeard: ADTRW Thread
Apparently Tomino is going to have a little sit down at TAAF on the 21st and they're going preview a new gundam project. Considering there's another gundam announcement at AnimeJapan on the next day I doubt it's going to be Gundam-san or The Origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New Captain Earth preview with robot fightin.

http://cache.avex.jp/artist/captain-earth/pv0315.mp4

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Trailer for Takeshi Koike's Lupin III movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skw43XwX6oc

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

uuuummm posted:

Is it worth watching without the nostalgia factor? I feel like I'm missing out.
As an adult? No. Unless you really like either the whole sentai thing or magical girls thing it's kind of boring with tons of MotW filler. There are some fun moments and the animators love wacky cartoon faces (something sorely lacking in current anime) but that really isn't enough if you don't already have some kind of attachment.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I don't know about that because aside from Sakura and Oyuki no one other than Lum has any interest in Ataru. Even then Sakura dumps him and Oyuki was just a one time thing never brought up again. You could count it as the first reverse harem though, think about it. All the men in the show have at lest an infatuation with Lum and most of the female characters are there because of Lum. Ranma might be a better fit but even then the series isn't focused on Ranma's relationships. They're a thing but it's more about wacky martial arts or other craziness and frankly Ranma himself isn't really a dull character.

No for my money Zorak is right. Tenchi was the first to bring all the elements of a harem show together. The dull main character, the laser focus on their relationships, the multiple partners vying for their affection and their either refusal on inability to make a choice. Ataru wants all the girls, Lum only wants Ataru and Ranma just wants all the crazies to leave him a lone. Tenchi however is just a leaf in the wind blowing to wherever.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

And a second question, anything look promising for the summer yet?

Shinichiro Watanabe has a new show coming called Terror in Tokyo/Terror in Resonance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONnhZEnvaNA

Guyver fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 1, 2014

• Locked thread