Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The characters seem as lost and confused as the viewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
IIRC it was the best-selling LN series that hadn't already gotten an adaptation, so people were expecting it forever.

I read some of the translations and the main character is just plain hilarious. He's literally (minor spoilers you learn quickly) a ninja, special forces commando, genius magic engineer, and can disintegrate anything magical or material with his mind.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Literally the biggest jerk.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
All you really need to know about the world of Mahouka is that Japan has the best technowizards and is therefore the best. Nobody else really matters. :smug:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 6, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I like the protagonist in Byrnhilde. Faced with a Mysterious Transfer Student being weird he immediately tries to figure that poo poo out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nanana's is off to an interesting start. I'm curious to see where they're going with this.

EDIT: Sidonia looks fine. The faces are more than made up for by the backgrounds. :swoon:

You people who haven't read the manga have no idea how easy you have it telling characters apart here. In the manga you don't get the luxury of hair colors.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 12, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

uuuummm posted:

Just watched the 2nd episode of Mahouka. I find the main character and his sister too 'perfect' to the point that they're boring. It actually kind of disgusts me. Am I just too bitter?
Oh man you haven't seen anything yet.

Although it doesn't excuse it, there is an in-setting reason for this, although it won't be explained for a long time.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 13, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think Byrnhildr actually has my favorite OP music of the season. (Mushishi's and Jojo's aren't as good as their first seasons'.) Shame about the show.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

nielsm posted:

and when he fails to emote sufficiently she seems to more or less kill him and he instantly revives having forgotten what happened. No, Japan. You could most likely have done without that.
Haha, that was exactly how I interpreted the scene at first, which confused me because I'm pretty sure I would have remembered that from the LN. What actually happened was she did the same thing to him he did to Hanzo, so he was just knocked out. But any debilitating injury triggers his "restore from backup," so he was only out for a second instead of a minute. He also knows what happened and was being sarcastic afterwards. So yeah, the other problem is that the LN (in addition to being hilariously bad) does a lot of telling not showing (like pretty much every time magic is used, ever) and the adaptation is failing to convey a lot of information at all.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you're not watching Mushishi and Ping Pong you're missing out.

• Locked thread