Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I think I might have become too anime but this sounds fun. I like SoL and I like superpowers so what the gently caress I'll take it.
edit: Drama CD cast: Mamoru Miyano; Asami Imai; Hisako Kanemoto; Yumi Hara; Rie Kugimiya; Kana Asumi; Tomokazu Seki; Yuka Otsubo.
And apparently these are three of the characters:

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

madmac posted:

How many episodes is Seki-kun?
13 on air.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

ultimatemegax posted:

They're wrong. It's 21 episodes long as the second DVD-box holds episodes 11-21.
Only 13 episodes are airing, they're correct but somewhat misleading.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/evageeks/status/445322308732092417
New short slice-of-life anime announced about the daily life of Hideaki Anno, based on a manga written by his wife. At least I'm assuming it's SoL.

ultimatemegax posted:

No. The listing I provided said "各巻に未放送・未配信のオリジナルアニメを収録。" (Each box includes an un-televised, un-streamed original short.) That wouldn't be present if 8 out of the 21 episodes weren't airing somewhere. TV Tokyo and AT-X are on the committee and will likely air the shorts continuing into Spring.
I was apparently misinformed and am dumb, thanks.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/kinmosa_anime/statuses/446662692745404417
Kiniro Mosaic is getting a sequel of some kind.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

Or you know. Just exercise some common sense.

"Oh, Gainax is also rebooting Evangelion as a TV series but it's going to be an all female cast moé slice of life type show? Ah yes, I can trust this."
I would absolutely believe modern Gainax would do this and also watch it

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-04/mekakucity-actors-the-irregular-at-magic-high-school-to-stream-on-4-sites
Mekaku City Actors will be streaming on Crunchyroll, Hulu, Aniplex Channel, and Daisuki, 2.5 hours after Japanese air time. Sure hope that doesn't turn into "12-24 hours" like Aniplex-Trigger managed with KLK.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Zorak posted:

To be fair, that happened because of how late Trigger was getting the episodes done and has less to do with the original arrangement.
Has SHAFT gotten better about delivering at the last minute? I know they used to be terrible about it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gblr1QGyL4
15-second PV for Monogatari S3 Mekaku City Actors. Not really much here, though.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Studio Trigger is in some way working on the upcoming anime adaptation of Ninja Slayer: Karate Pistol Fist Suicide, which is a light novel series written by "Bradley Bond and Philip Ninj@ Morzez" that's a Japanese take on the American take on Japanese sci-fi and martial arts.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

If you read the summary for Fuuun Ishin Dai☆Shogun and thought "that sounds like garbage" you were wrong! It's loving awful garbage. They apparently ran out of budget after drawing the keyframes because for huge sections of the episode there is basically no animation.

edit: To be clear, the show would be garbage even with great animation. With what it has it becomes some of garbage personification

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 10, 2014

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Mekaku City Actors is too SHAFT. Also I have absolutely no idea what the hell happened at the end.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Even the elfen lied anime cut out the incontinent girl.
I remember watching part of Elfen Lied years and years ago and I'm pretty sure this statement is incorrect seeing as I remember it and never read the manga.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

The second episode of Mahou Shoujo Taisen is out, and this show could have been good if it wasn't four minute shorts. Since it is I don't think it's ever going to do anything interesting.

I'm probably going to keep watching just in case Gainax goes bankrupt midway through it or something

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

, and a first-aid kit has been replaced by pizza.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

quote:

The marriage may be legal but the suspected premarital sex was not, authorities said on Saturday after arresting a 41-year-old Houston-area drama teacher for the alleged sexual assault of a child, his 16-year-old wife.
What a loving sentence.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Some randoms have made tweets/posts about the Studio Trigger panels at Animazement:
  • LWA2 staff not yet decided, will have more veteran animators
  • Most recent plot has been thrown into the trash and they're working on a new one
  • Correcting the young animators' mistakes on LWA was difficult for Yoshinari
  • LWA had ~20 animators, KLK had >200, way more flexibility with LWA vs KLK which was more businesslike
  • Regarding Inferno Cop 2: They have many ideas but no budget (rip trigger if they can't afford this)
  • Yoshinari described Imaishi's directing style as skanky and perverted while he aspires to be a gentleman
  • Yoshinari doesn't like LWA1 (in the sense of 'it could have been way better', I think?)
  • Yuji Kaneko (art director for LWA/KLK) has watched Bob Ross's TV show
  • They don't know if Ninja Slayer will be a TV series or OVA
  • Schedule: Inou Battle, LWA2, Ninja Slayer, then Imaishi's next anime
  • Inou Battle is slice-of-life, completely different from everything else they've done
  • Yoshinari's favorite character from a show he worked on is Simon, because Simon is like a mirror of Imaishi, and he likes Imaishi, but he isn't gay
  • KLK ep 25 finishes up the individual character arcs
  • Trigger hasn't heard the KLK English dub, Aniplex decides dub cast

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

And the BD release is ~$200 total (for the non-limited edition), as expected of Aniplex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/stella_c3bu/statuses/472617254694424576
Apparently there's going to be some C3-bu announcement soon?
Seeing as the anime sold so badly the manga was cancelled I've got no idea what the gently caress they could have to announce.

• Locked thread