Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Well, (Mahouka LN stuff) technically it's only his strong emotions. He can still emote in other ways, just not very intensely. Hence the trolling in the second episode. Trolling people appears to be one of the few actual hobbies he has.

I've read Mahouka, but I'll admit it's bad any day of the week. I do it because it's dumb popcorn, and watching Tatsuya just be awesome at everything is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Dammit Shaft/Jin. :doh: The three-episode-test moment in Mekaku City Actors is now on track to be in episode 4. Marvelous.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Autonomous Monster posted:

Ep3 of Mekaku is coming dangerously close to forming a coherent plot. Which might be a bad thing, because that plot isn't really grabbing me yet. Still, I am enjoying the SHAFTy goodness.

I think we need a thread? I'd do it myself, but I think it should probably be done by someone familiar with the source material, and that isn't me. Plus, I'm in the middle of watching Hannibal :suspense:

If there's a thread, it should be put up by someone who is not familiar with the source material. Anyone who does know it is way too likely to spoil something by accident.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Chaika has good fights, and it's quite funny. I've seen it described multiple times in multiple places as "like someone's D&D campaign, turned into an anime," and that description keeps popping up because it's accurate.

The anti-tank rifle wand is actually pretty appropriate, because thus far her magic's mostly been used in a sniper capacity; the fights where she contributes involve them positioning her before things start, keeping the enemies distracted, and then lining up a very precise shot. I like that better than most instances of magic in fiction.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

The Monkey Man posted:

Pretty much every anime I've seen that was based on an LN has pacing problems.

Oregairu (Yahari Ore Seishun etc etc) has pretty fantastic pacing by virtue of ruthlessly cutting out everything that isn't relevant or important. They adapted six volumes in twelve episodes, and it's a much tighter story as a result.

Also has a second season coming up. More people should watch it.

• Locked thread