Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Almost everything sounds bad this time.
One Week Friends sounds rather promising though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Didn't know anything like that existed. Now I do, that was a nice watch.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dear Japan. Please stop producing so much anime. Too much is just too much. Love, a concerned fan.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Sooo... does anyone understand what's going on in Mekaku City Actors at all? I'm starting to think it's just Shinbo's playhouse.

Not really, no. The second episode didn't quite hook me like the first did, but I'm hoping for the next to make up for that and tie things a bit together.
I think it's supposed to be based on some vocaloid video or something?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Watched Mahouka ep 3. It's a really amazing show. It has so many things that could be so interesting, yet still managed to be incredibly dull. I stuck around after ep 1 and 2 because I thought it seemed things could be interesting, but it manages to just not make it. Is it the source material that's so bad, or is it more due to an incompetent director?
Also, that episode features the sister character stripping to underwear for the MC to do some magic calibration stuff, and when he fails to emote sufficiently she seems to more or less kill him and he instantly revives having forgotten what happened. No, Japan. You could most likely have done without that.

Too little and too much. Dropped.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm lumping the flag anime together with the mental choices anime and Date-A-Live as a breed of somewhat self-aware romcom shows, where the dude protagonist knows how ridiculous his situation is, only because the entire premise of the show is that he has some condition that forces him to deal with girls in a strange way. I like them for the ridiculous set-ups which I think all have managed to keep things amusing without running dry of material.
One thing to note about Date-A-Live is that while the first season was mostly "clean" apart from the designated swimsuit-episodes, the new season has shown more skin in the first 3 episodes than the entire first season, especially due to the twins introduced.

By no means great art, but still fine entertainment.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Wait...is that Fate/Sword Dancer(or whatever it was) with Ilya as Archer?
There was an anime about that doujin!?

It's Fate/Kaleid Liner Prima Ilya, the magical girl show from a few seasons back.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

pandaK posted:

Okay wait, I needed to actually draw this poo poo out to fully understand. So is the right side what you're saying the plot twist was?

Yes, like that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

New pv for new PA Works show. Looks like a pretty laid back sol drama, but other than that there doesn't seem to be much else to the story. But, they did make Nagi no Asukara work so I'm still curious.

One of the girls says she can see the future.
So there is something supernatural.
Also, hens.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I ended up making a thread for that flag anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

SALT CURES HAM posted:

How the gently caress is JoJo at the bottom of both of those lists? :psyduck:

It's above the 30 other shows that didn't make the list at all.

• Locked thread