Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mekaku City Actors is based on some songs I like and there are a few neat ideas in the videos for the songs, but since they're just three-minute long PVs I'm not sure how they're going to make a full anime out of it. I think there's a manga, but I've never read it.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm sort of under the impression that Mekaku City Actors is fujoshi bait. My deepest hope is that it ends up being the SHAFT equivalent of Free!.
Eh, not really? The videos have a decent female fanbase but there's nothing really yaoi-y about it in and of itself, and there's a decent number of female characters so it's not a free situation where there's seven dudes and like one girl who actually matters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

Mekaku is pretty tame for a shaft series but so was Nisekoi before it's swimsuit episode.
The manga, LN, and songs Mekaku is based on have basically no fanservice, and Mekaku has stuck to that. There's like five seconds of Momo in a bikini in the OP, and that's more 'hey she's an idol' than anything, it's not like it does a zoom in on her jugs. It's not like Nisekoi, where it's based on a shonen romcom manga where fanservice is kind of expected.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

If there was one thing KLK did better than Gurren Lagann, it was that the side characters were great. I literally can't remember anything about TTGL's side characters.
Leeron and Kittan were loving awesome. :colbert:

There was also that one guy whose entire existence boiled down to him popping up from out of frame and hitting the 'fire missiles' button. He was cool.

• Locked thread