Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll probably check out Broken Blade(the official 'Break Blade' site has that title under the logo) and Atelier but get roped in to several others.

Atelier in particular might be interesting to watch. I'm getting the game next week and it seemed to have a sky pirates vibe to it based off of the launch trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68KmxyAMdE

Noragami fell under the radar for me this season, so i'll probably check that out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.kdrama.com/en/signup_crunchyroll

Apparently if you are a premium crunchyroll user you can get into a Korean Drama site beta right now. Not anime, but probably worth mentioning since lots of you probably have a subscription already.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://atelier-ps3.jp/escha-logy/anime/index.html

The Atelier anime page went up in the past day, and it looks like the first airing will be on Monday April 10th at 10PM Japan time.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Franz von Dada posted:

I do find it pretty funny annoying how the premise is basically "Five students get superpowers AND NOTHING HAPPENS!"

So the premise is Chunibyo except their powers are real?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.moetron.com/2014/03/10/inou-battle-wa-nichijou-kei-no-naka-de-anime-adaptation-from-trigger/

This site actually has character preview images. I did a search for the manga, but it appears to be so unknown to the west that the announcement of an anime adaptation pretty much became the top result on Google.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Trigger does have staff that could pump really good animation, the issue is that they keep farming off people to work on other studios larger projects. I had assume that with valvrave and yozakura ending last season they could concentrate their efforts on KLK but instead opt in to work on yet another derivative LN adaptation :(.

They probably have a situation like Wayforward. They pump out licensed games constantly to fund their own series. It's not as glamorous, but at the end of the day they get a paycheck.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I can't read Japanese all that well, but I thought I would try to discern what was happening from the images, but apparently that's an actual novel. Other than a picture of a girl drawing Neo-Dark Flame Master's weird tatoo thing, it coming alive and him opening a bag of chips while using his power level, I can't tell what is going on.

E: Some out of context illustrations

(Totally not Rikka's sister)

E2: I found a preview of the Manga (first issue is out on the 27th) and from what I am getting:

Dark Flame Master is just that.
The girl in the upper left seems to control a water element.
The lower left girl has a healing ability.
The lower right girl does a princess thing going on and has psychic powers.
Red haired girl on the cover has time control powers.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 12, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm fully expecting them to find a rival club at another school that also has superpowers by roughly volume 4 or so. After about a volume of superpower fights or whatever they return to status quo except the MC gets 4 more harem members

Book 3 has an illustration that looks like some new group

Silver2195 posted:

Having a healing ability and not actually doing much with it seems pretty morally irresponsible.

Her ability is introduced by healing a dead cat.

E:

4chan user posted:

Might as well add the names and power names, from top left
Hatoko Kushikawa, Over Element (五帝, Five Emperors)
Jurai Andou, Dark and Dark (黒焰, Black Flame)
Sayumi Takanashi, Root Of Origin (始原, Origin)
Chifuyu Himeki, World Create (創世, World Creation)
Not shown is the girl on the cover:
Tomoyo Kanzaki, Closed Clock (永遠, Eternity)

Dehry fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 12, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eV7ACLsC3g

Atelier Escha and Logy PV.

Looks like they're going to be focusing on Escha, unless this is just a character preview.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The first manga chapter of Inou Battle (the next anime Trigger is doing) was translated a couple days ago.
It's not licensed and the scan comes from a free preview on a Japanese news site, so I assume this is fine to post.

http://imgur.com/a/0XbUA

I'll give it a chance if one of the streaming companies pick it up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Is studio Trigger doing that LN adaptation this spring or this summer season? I couldn't find it in the OP... so summer?

It's only just been announced. No date has been set. The manga isn't out until next week either. They put out a preview for the first chapter which is the only exposure it's gotten in the west aside from the anime announcement. We've been talking about it because Trigger is coming off Kill la Kill and their next project was virtually unknown and looked generic.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?778-Buffering-Issues

Supposedly Funimation has finally fixed the buffer issues with their streaming service. I gave them another chance this past weekend to watch a few Winter series I hadn't seen, and it was still just as bad as it was when I tried it a year ago. Strangely the free stream (which interrupted with Jake and The Neverland Pirates commercials) worked pretty good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No, it was a single commercial that had "For testing purposes only" popping up over the elite player. The Hulu window would appear for free subbed versions. I was watching Haganai on a subscription and it would buffer every 30 seconds of content. The forums seem to indicate it's been an ongoing issue.

E2: It appears to be working normally. I haven't had to buffer at all this evening.
Hulu plus also has ads though.

E:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

Crunchyroll Spring Lineup

First up is GTO Taiwan.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 29, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://manga25.com/en/

Apparently this whole site's catalog is getting added to crunchyroll and it's been announced since the start of the month.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought they were getting into "Anime-style" western programming with the Colormail English dub. That one is just awful.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash posted:

Crunchy picked up One Week Friends. :dance:

That description is google translate as gently caress.

Crunchyroll posted:

Yuki Hase, a high school boy, is concerned about a girl of his classmate, Kaori Fujimiya. She always stays alone and never tries to become close friends with anyone. Given half a chance one day, it seems that Yuki and Kaori become to have a good relationship that they begin to eat lunch together. Although they enjoy having conversations, Kaori, strangely enough, keeps denying their friendship. On that Friday, she confesses, “I have memory disorder. My memories disappear within one week...."

E: Fingers crossed for Escha and Logy being announced soon. I pay the $8 for CR to avoid having to torrent things.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll give Brynhildr a try. It seems interesting enough.

Minor EP1 spoiler The magic is super science from what little explanation is given, so maybe it will be different?

Break Blade was also picked up by CR and the first EP is supposed to be out now.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 6, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.aniplexusa.com/p3m/

Persona 3 Movie preorders start tomorrow. Limited quantity available.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atelier Escha&Logy PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BsCs3zay2o

I've got my fingers crossed for a release announcement just prior to air time.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess Escha and Logy isn't getting picked up. A fansub group picked it up, but it looks like they're waiting for it to air on another channel for a better raw. Either way it won't be out until the weekend.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Doki subs picked up Atelier Escha and Logy. The first episode seems to have gotten the main events from the first mission fine, but the end credits are one big spoiler for the game. The credits feature (Game/Anime spoiler) the main antagonist who doesn't appear until they reach the ruins towards the end of the game. It even shows what she's trying to do. It's kinda jarring if you thought it was safe to start watching even if you had almost finished the game.

I'll need to see another episode before I pass judgement on how faithful the adaptation will be, although nothing can beat what Devil Survivor 2 did last year.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atelier Escha & Logy is still going along fine. They're getting into original content territory but still covered the main mission. I think it's going to be interesting to see how they cram it all into 12 episodes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atelier Escha & Logy is free of fanservice as of episode 3. They're trying to make a consistent story out of events that were separated by several months in-game so it's a little rough in some areas. The Arland series before it (Rorona, Totori, Meruru) had a lot of fan service and yuri subtext but they seem to have stopped it in the Dusk series. (They have manga adaptations of the other games I found out recently.)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
All I'm saying is I made it through Escha & Logy (the game) without walking in on a naked girl, seeing a girl getting groped, or having a bikini contest and so far it's held true for the anime.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.p4ga.jp/

Starts Airing in July too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

While most of them are confused, I've seen some people who are legit upset. I think they feel like they're being forced to watch it, or something?

The newly added character, Marie is hated by a certain faction of fans and a lot of them are vocal about her not being a canon character. Atlus just doubled down on her with the anime and a video game with her in it.

I'm curious to see if the anime goes down other paths this time around, like getting on the soccer team and picking drama club instead of band. Those two choices actually can lead to a different story.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Time of Eve finally updated(Backers only) after being silent for a while. The English dub is almost done, but they had put a robot filter over the voices of the androids. The producers didn't like it, so they sent it back to be removed. It sounds pretty good from what they have so far.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kay Kessler posted:

I've got to grudgingly give 4Kids and Konami credit for selling complete Yugioh seasons for $40 a pop. Granted it's dub only and lacking any bonus features, but it's still only about 75 cents an episode, which is pretty cool.

The Japanese VAs are expensive as gently caress to license and it's cheaper to dub, yet somehow the actors make the same as an average fast food worker in Japan.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

P.much yeah.

They had to do the unBEAR able puns with Teddie in Persona 4 as well, although in that case his Japanese counterpart was nails on a chalkboard saying kuma randomly.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just looking at that website (haruhi.com) you wouldn't guess that. It just mentions the music video and uploading pictures. No where does it say what it is for. At least to an English speaker using Google translate.

E: yep. /a/ was going crazy over it thinking it was a new series.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 31, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Haruhi Pachinko game expires on Tanabata (July 7) We're still waiting for another update on the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato and there probably will be something on that day (December 18th was the initial announcement.) People are going to say it was anime related anyways.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

C.M. Kruger posted:

And a second question, anything look promising for the summer yet?

Persona 4 Golden The Animation and Sailor Moon should be pretty good. They both start in July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I unironically enjoy the yuki-chan manga.

I'm enjoying it too. The Disappearance universe was always intriguing and it's interesting to see that part explored. I got into Haruhi just this year and to find out it pretty much died as a series in 2011(last light novel, American anime rights holders shut down) kinda sucks.

• Locked thread