Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I guess I could check out Captain Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Don't forget Build Fighters. It has 3 episodes left.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I'm somewhat sad and bemused that instead of “What are you talking about, my fellow goon?”, my initial thought was “When are we going to get another Emi Yusa or Yassan?”

The capriciousness of the wind, I suppose. :(

Now I'm sad we don't have Hataraku Maou-sama season 2 yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hataraku Maou-sama was pretty much the surprise hit of last year. No surprise people liked it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

As far as I know, the crazy thing about the Devil is a Part Timer is that it turned out good in spite of its source material. Like in the original, the MC's true form was the exact same thing only now he has horns. His hulked out form is entirely an invention of the anime. And even then there was some silly poo poo in the original that the anime couldn't entirely ditch, like the final scene in the rain.

Given that the LN illustrations show demon Maou towering over Emi I'm pretty sure that bit about his true form being human form + horns isn't true.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So as someone who decided that Kill la Kill wasn't my cup of tea, I thought people had high hopes for that show and liked it near the start.

What happened that people are calling the show poo poo now?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well if they don't change Yu from his brilliant anime self that'd be nice.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

chumbler posted:

Wasn't there some card game show that played itself totally straight and was horribly mediocre in Japan, but the dub was completely rewritten as a parody of card shows and was actually pretty funny?

I recall the Yugioh GX dub referenced the Abridged Series more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Going to recommend One Week Friends for when you want pure fluff in an anime.

• Locked thread